A solid phone with new feature pack 2 as N96..also the upcoming new models will be using the same platform. overall experience for this model for more than a mth,so far so good,faster interface,do not hang easily as previous model and reasonable speaker volume..best model so far from nokia.
How do I completely switch off 3G and Wifi? I feel they must be battery eaters!!
Sudheer, 28 Apr 2009hi all I am using N85 mobile with the software version 10.045. Is there any upgrade after t... morei know that there is a new one 11.047 but i dont know if it is a good update.i still use the first one,i am expecting a newer than 11.047
I am using N85 mobile with the software version 10.045. Is there any upgrade after this?? If so, is that useful??
Pls somebody reply...thanks in advance
New N85 User, 27 Apr 2009I bought this device last week. Everything looks good so far. Great things about this device :... morei think you should visit a nokia store for these problems.i dont have all these issues,wifi is good and the auto rotate works perfect.the only thing is the navi wheel in all n85 that works only when it wants to
Anonymous, 23 Apr 2009its ironic that i like everything about this phone except the OLED screen which i cannot see a... moreI have just got an N85, like you cannot read it in sunlight, try buying a white theme from Nokia Marketplace place, it does help! My complaint is battery life, VERY poor
hey everyone please help me!
m confused between n79 and n85.
which one should i buy and why
please advice me
THANX in advance
I bought this device last week. Everything looks good so far. Great things about this device :
1) 5.0 MP Carl Zeiss lens - Camera
2) No problems so far with slide
3) Good Music Player, headphones.
4) A lot of others.
Some issues cause me a concern :
1) Network intercept - I have a T-Mobile connection and it is very week in my house.Only my bedroom brings 3-5 bars on any mobile(including N85). The problem occurs when I move my N85 from a room having no network to my bedroom. N85 should intercept T-mobile and show me atleast 3 bars in couple of minutes(on Automatic Network selection) but it shows none till eternity. After I giveup, shut down and restart the device, it immediately shows 3 bars. It seems the Automatic Network selection doesnt work on my N85. Did someone else face the similar issues?
2) The Auto-Rotate feature works inefficiently - Sometimes, it doesnot recognize the I have changed its position from horizontal to vertical !! The only way to bring back the device to Vertical Position is to go to Tools and reset the Auto Rotate feature to off. If this does not happen then restart offcourse.
3) The Naviwheel is a joke.
4) The battery drains out within 24 hrs without using a lot of features, dont know why!! Need to recharge everynight.
5) Wi-Fi doesnt work everyplace where laptop Wi-Fi works!!
6) The plastic buttons on top needs to be pressed twice (sometimes thrice) to work.
How many N85 user have same problems? Are these common issues or just mine?
How do you delete the files in Quickoffice and in the Adobereader?
Hi to all the gsm readers i had the n96 before and i have upgrade the software and had no problems afther the v 12.0.43it was faster and via the headphones its power man really power with good earphones is miss that but now i have the n85 and its treu what they say its very fast in software but not loud as the n96 but software r very good wish the sound was the same as the n96 then this phone would be top i like the solid style and shape of the n85 small in pocet what can i say grab the n85 and enjoy kind regards jp
the n85 is a powerfull phone nokia shold come out with more,phones like this one.
the first n85 i got had some problems with restarting.s i gave it back and i got a new ne.the second one from which i am typing this message connected from wi fi is just perfect!!!
Does anybody know what network is going to release this on PREPAY in Ireland. Meteor have it on bill pay but I don't want to switch to bill.
It's really really annoying that they don't bring out the phone on both bill and prepay at the same time.
gogole, 21 Apr 2009can anybody help me , i cnfused to chse btween n95 8gb or n85 . can smebody tell me bout adv... morenokian85 is the latest version then n95 8gb and its cool looking so i will prefer n85 rather than n95 8gb
n85, 24 Apr 2009Wery good device,solid bulid. But, besides cool back side and complitly non stylish black fron... moreAll S60 phones including the the N97 have basic calculator and no stopwatch. For stopwatch, I suggest you download Handy Clock. It's the best multipurpose time application ever.
Wery good device,solid bulid. But, besides cool back side and complitly non stylish black front side; there are two things lacking - beter calculator with more features like one on older phones; and, stopwatch. It doesent have it which is realy strange for this kind of phone.
Of course it all can be downloaded from net, but still...
Pranav, 24 Apr 2009How are the speakers?I have both the N 85 & N 82. Nokia N85s external speakers are not as loud as Nokia 73 or even Nokia 82. But sound through the headset is superb, even it beats Apple iPod & iPhone 3g in terms of sound quality through headset.
Audio quality test: -