hi. also on the screen with the indigo theme, there looks like there is darker dots like something is wrong with the pixels, all around the screen and there is a dark blue line... does anyone else have these problems. i have this fone on contract should i return it or are all these problems fixable... p.s: everything happened after i updated the fone!!!!
sea-breeze, 21 Dec 2009ur solution is too easy
*#7370#hi, sorry but what does that mean, what do i do??? i dont know much bout smart fones and updates and stuff, its my first. can you please tell me exactly what to do if its not too much trouble. thankyou for replying
hi i bought n86 few days ago and i really love it. camera xcellent, sound excellent only few problems phone seems to be going very slow, i updated all the applications, phone app, 3.1 maps and python but going slower than when i got it, does this get better?? i have not turned off fone since update, will this help, also takes a while and looks like it gona freeze when i turn the fone(accelorometer) and when i slide my fone up or press a button to check if i have a msg without opening the fone it takes a while for the background to cum up... please some1 help me fix this problem... thankyou
Johnny, 19 Dec 2009Hey Guys,
Im using Nokia N86 8MP (version 20.115) for more than 2 months now. I am a Nokia... morei agree with most u have said but all ur flaws are firmware generic !!! waiting for next update to solve all ...
scratches due to sliding mechanism is normal it slides!!
Karen, 20 Dec 2009I'm going to buy a phone, and I'm sure that it must be Nokia.. So I find the Nokia N86 8MP... ... moredon`t hesitate to buy da phone. this phone s simply fantastic. da best phn i av ever used. 1 suggestion fr u dnt update da fimware till da version after 20.115 released
i bout n86 two days ago and it is the best phone i ever had. camera is good, Wi-Fi very fast, good color & shape,big memory.
Can you guys plz tell me more about really how scratch resistant this phone is? How easy does it get scratches Both the display and the keypad and the camera lens??
Or must I buy some sort ov display- och phone protection like invisible shield or somthing?
I'm going to buy a phone, and I'm sure that it must be Nokia.. So I find the Nokia N86 8MP...
Can You please tell me... Is it right solution to buy N86 or not..? I'm really afraid of the sounding...is it nice ?? because my old last phone was N85 and it sounded very bad..
tell me the best parts of n86 and the worst parts...please :)
i want this phone like...right now. because i'm not sure with touchscreen phones yet.
but i think i'll wait until next firmware update. woohoo for n86.
sea-breeze, 19 Dec 2009hiii i have been posting the flaws of the n86 for a while and i must confess the good things i... moreyeah the "reall digital zoom" is amazing eh.. and the flash as well, not even going to consider buying a digital camera cause well I got one and a reall one at that too....
timo, 19 Dec 2009josh, what do you mean n86 8mp discontinued? do you mean Nokia stop the production of this fon... moreNO, you misunderstood me I said the nokia n82 been dicontinued because no one was interested in it!
hiii i have been posting the flaws of the n86 for a while and i must confess the good things it got
1) i own the white version its very luxury keep turning heads everywhere i go
2) very very or excellent built quality a bit heavy but solid
3) The surface is really scratch resistant 2 month now with no single scratch in the front glass panel
4) the sound reception is excellent
5) the battery is excellent indeed
6) the camera is awesome ... the wide angle really makes a different specially in videos it captures the whole event i dont need to move around the scene
7) the real digital zoom is amazing no need for optical zoom
8) the falsh is really strong and i mean really strong
9) in the next firmwares there gonna be surprisessss
10) this fone is camera oriented and it wins in that battle the colors are real crisp vived and a live
11) The best Amoled display i used till now very very bright and vivid colors
josh, 19 Dec 2009this is true the nokia n86 was discontinued because well is wasnt selling to anyone, I dont bl... morejosh, what do you mean n86 8mp discontinued? do you mean Nokia stop the production of this fone? please reply,thank you.
I own and my wife buy recently Nokia N86 8meg, but we found both of them very weak in receiving and sending sounds comparing to Sony-Eriksson (p990i) or Nokia N70. Thus, I recommended that any one buy his model as a cell phone but it can be bought as a small camera!
Im using Nokia N86 8MP (version 20.115) for more than 2 months now. I am a Nokia user and I have not used any other phones other than nokia for the past 6 years. & im a heavy user (Install different softwares I use PC suit, OVI remote wat ever is available)I read thru pages and pages of comments & reviews.. okay.. now this is what i have to say.. Hope Nokia is going thru the comments since GSM arena is a major site... NOKIA N86 8MP is not worth the money its sold for. I have personally advised some of my friends not to buy it now since it needs a serious upgrade in the next firm ware & Hardware.A lot was expected but There were a lot of disappointments on this Phone.
1. Camera is good in good lighting conditions & for portrait pics.
2. nokia Wave Secure is a good option. Works well.
3.Battery is okay
4.Browsing is fine.
1. Key pad gets scratched while sliding
2 Camera lense gets scratches due to sliding lense cover.
3. Images have a lot of noise in less lighting conditions
4.N-gage games are not worth. Nokia should allease provide one or 2 free full version games.
5.Pencil in missing (copy paste & marking galary files are not eazy any more)
5.If the music player is stopped & minimised(not exited) and after a call or if the slider is opened & closed it turns on automatically.
6. Male voice option is not available for voice commands.
7.For the fat size it is they could have increased the speaker sound more.
8. Theme DYI is not needed software on N86. instead a free antivirus software could have been a good deal.
9. OVI (PC Suit) is not User Friendly. Lot of junk asking you to sign in into 1000 different things and it was really pissing me off.
Overall A highFI Junk. Could have been more refined.
i kept all my media files, applications in da mass memory bt da problem is dat my phone memory shows me dat i have only 24mb free space! dont knw hw i can recover it.Would anyone help me solve this will b ever grateful:)