nomis, 15 Mar 2012this happens almost twice a week or more: im checking gsmarena thinking my thoughts, and then ... moreYou are perfectly right!!!!when I read your comment I thought that I was the one who wrote it. I had the same questions, but I solved the problem. I BOUGHT MY N9 TODAY!!!!!
It's the perfect smartphone...
Just go for it! You'll not regret!!!!!
Whatsapp beta to come next week.awesome.
this happens almost twice a week or more: im checking gsmarena thinking my thoughts, and then i put this contest in my head in this contest phones are competing for my money - which one ill buy. and than i ussualy pick 4 or 5 of them, ussually most of them are the same ^_^ and my thinking, why do i need this phone, what can it offer for me? and iwe been considering to buy almost all of the top brands (nokia samsung, apple, htc-dont really like them, sony, blackberry...) and im starting to realize i still havent found the meaning of the phone for me, am i an iPhone person (simple, nice user interface, good camera, nice looking device) perhaps Sony person (quickly trying to get in the top, user interface that im used to, good camera, innovative looks) why dont i go with blackberry (messaging, emailing, ussually no legg becous its not a really gaming-apps like phone, not such good cameras) should i be like a lost sheep and just go with samsung (decent camera, dont really like the designs - THEYRE ALL THE SAME TO ME, i dont like the UI on samsung)
but when i come to consider NOKIA theres something nostalgic that starts growing in my head, im thinking of the 3310 and that kind of phones, and i see where nokia has been when nobody has eaven herd of Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony/Sony Ericsson and i have to say that i really have respect for ALL mobile brands, but my highest respect gors to nokia, which truly is trying to catch up and be at the top and for that i say thank you, becaus thatnks to NOKIA i now know what i want in a phone:
1. DESIGN, the design has to be special, nice, doesnt have to be something new, it needs to be attractive eaven after a year of using the phone
2. CAMERA, i think that with cameras you cant go wrng with nokia, Carl Zeiss sound really nice :D
3. UI, now i currently have an android device (Sony Ericsson x8) now i dont want to bash android but i really dont like it, maybe its becaus of my phone which isnt really a powerfull device, but i dont like the whole concept of android, i mean iwe played with the UI on my phone for as long as i have him, iwe changed Launcher settings- TO MUCH, thats why im looking for something STABLE, something that cant be changed too much or if possibly, cant be changed at all, becous im kind of an person thats floating around ^_^ and i dont know when to stop, thats why i need something that i cant change. That is the reason why i think that MeeGo is good for me, its INCREDIBLY simple, i think that its the ultimate OS-for me.
4. CPU, now i used to think that if a phone nowdays doesnt have a dual-core its no good-NOT TRUE, i admit my wrong, i think that mostly android and iOS phones need that, cz ussualy thoose are the phones that most games and apps are running on.
5. DISPLAY, i also used to think that my phone has to have at least 300+ ppi - another mistake by me, cz its REALLY nice to have this icredibly sharp screen, but i noticed that my xperia x8 only has 192 ppi and that its really nothing wrong with it, so i dumped the fact that my phone has to have more than 300 ppi
6. MEMORY, every time i see a phone with at least 16 GB of internal storage and than people start complaining abouth memory i laugh, cz why do u need more than 16 Gb of storage? i surely know that i only have a little more than 4 Gb of storage and its really not the best but cmon 16 also isnt enought of u? if you want to have the entire discography of AC/DC (with all concerts) and 200 more artists on ur phone, than ur ur just crazy. so 16 is really nice but if i had a chance to buy a 64 GB version i would (just to have more internal storage than my friend-32 GB ^_^)
7. BATTERY, iwe been hearing from more and more phone users that their phones have a poore battery life, while with n9 i dont hear that problem so often, which is really lovely to hear, eaven though im used to charge my phone every night.
8. ALL, and all this upper elements have to work good together and give that special feeling to user, when hes using browser, watching videos, listening to music, calling, messaging... and im pretty sure that this phone Nokia N9 can offer me all of theese things, becaus its special, beautiful, refreshing, stable and exciting and thats just the phone im looking for.
WhatsApp arriving for the N9!!
hey guys please anyone explain me this.
After i made DEVELOPER MODE ON, I got some items to be downloaded in the mode like Debugging, Networking Power analysis and so on. what are these? should i install them? what is the use of them? please help me with this anyone..
one more thing is when i configured my gmail address,now i am getting this message as "cant connect the server" after every hour. I cant connect and get to see my mails on my n9. please guide me about this. Thanks in advance
two mentioned disadvantages are not existing anymore!
Flash is supported (by firefox browser)
FM Radio is also working
AnonD-38279, 15 Mar 2012Please answer my Question.1.Is this true that we cant upload photo's in facebook from the brow... moreI don't know if you can upload photos to facebook from the browser because I don't need to do that, I can upload photos from the straight from the galery or from the facebook built-in application. The phose can be password locked, as any Nokia phone. It never happend to me to freeze and to need restart, it is very reliable OS. About the gps navigation, Nokia navigation software is the best, free life-time voice guided navigation for walk and drive, OFFLINE navigation(you dont' need internet connection), up-to-date maps and a lot of pther location-based services. Actualy Nokia phones are better than any other dedicated navigation devices with clean, easy to use software!
yes,i used since last 1 month,i just say only one thing,best (meego)OS in the market.
Please answer my Question.1.Is this true that we cant upload photo's in facebook from the browser .if it's true then how can we upload.2.Is there any option to lock the phone by password like other nokia phones have.3.Doer N9 hangs ? If it hangs then how to restart it.4.How does colud gps app runs on n9 i mean that it is same as Google maps or not.please answer me .
th3, 14 Mar 2012Yes i hav pointed out weaknesses of the N9 but i hav also pointed out good things about it, ev... moreyou must be crazy & don't have or own an n9,been trying to see what you say about n9,using it to write this to you...pliz go borrow an n9 & try it before posting rubbish...just being honest...n9 is even smooth & faster than yo dual cores...talk about HD screen,if the resolution is less than 250ppi,then n9 is better...go get refund from yo skool coz they robbed you my friend...
I am sure more of you guys will eventually admit that N9 isnt so great, many will in a month or 3 admit i was right, and maybe remember my advice: Forget about lowres displays, make your next phone a HD.
I havent tested Xperia S yet but i plan to buy, just not now as i am going abroad and need to pay tickets and keep some cash reserve. However i have tested Galaxy Note and i promise you guys, HD is what you want, you may not know it yet but you REALLY want HD. Galaxy Note is surprisingly good for a Samsung, and the size is not as bad as you may think. Xperia S is surely better, and smaller, cant go wrong with xperia, best android fones out now.
AnonD-13986, 14 Mar 2012Dont think you have/had the N9. You are the one who have been bashing N9 since the time it was... morehttp://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424369_341882619184086_100000870513565_929662_678273071_n.jpg
My two main phones. Now you prove to us you have an N9.
AnonD-13986, 14 Mar 2012Dont think you have/had the N9. You are the one who have been bashing N9 since the time it was... moreYes i hav pointed out weaknesses of the N9 but i hav also pointed out good things about it, even recommended it. I am not a fanboi, the only fone i have loved unconditionally was N900, if you knew more about me you would know i have critisized other phones i own as well, the Xperia Pro has not received merciful comments from me but it is the best phone i have.
What you call N9 bashing has been pointed out by several reviews, including gsmarena. For example, start an app from the menu and wait, have you never found yourself almost tapping the icon once more because you were not sure it was already started? Then you are the one who dont own an N9. The truth is that N9 is often very slow, owners know that. Its very far from perfect, and that cannot be denied if you really own one. Get an N900 if you want to see for yourself that N9 is a big step backwards from its predecessor.
AnonD-4340, 13 Mar 2012It doesnt work because of the old firmware? N9 is very bad out of the box, gets a lot better w... moreDont think you have/had the N9. You are the one who have been bashing N9 since the time it was announced to the time it was released & until now, lol. Rather impossible you would actually buy since you think it sucks big time