Micro sim card only support, No micro sd slot, no fm radio.. My N8 is still the best huh.. And My next phone is samsung galaxy s II.
Anonymous, 30 Jun 2011hi there! do u think it worths that i wait for n9 to b released or should i buy n8??? pls answ... moreyou will not regret not buying n8, it sure is a good product but expected better from nokia...i use it and am thinking of scrapping it...battery not great, touchscreen sensing ought to be improved...
It's sad that the Philippines will share the same fate of its fellow Asian neighbors who will not be having the Nokia N9. But I do hope there would still be light at the end of the tunnel. Am eagerly up to this phone!
Anonymous, 30 Jun 2011nokia sure going to bankrupt.and they are going to regret not selling N9 in uk.nokia searay wi... moreSea-Ray will be well received in the US, and Harmattan will be a hit elsewhere. Will it displace Android or IP5? Not likely..Even though the N9 was never meant to be a high end market disturber, the N9 has already enjoyed great reviews and great interest. It will be a hit in its own right, much to the dismay of Nokia, who i believe were Banking on the W7 to be their Market Disturber. We shall see soon enough if Nokia has made the right decision to place Meego at the bottom of the development pile..
When a lot of people are intersted in nokia n9.it is sure that it will be very good sell. So please add in-adobe flash player 10.2, fm radio, 1080p, memory card slot,normal sim,dual cor processor and future update. Please nokia. It can be change because it didnot come yet in market.please.
it seems a bit strange to me why nokia wants to segregate its phones/os by not making meego/n9 availabale in some markets? you would think that the more choices consumers have, the better...and whether people choose meego or nokia's wp7 phones, nokia nets the profit all the same in the end.
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.Nokia N9 is my favorite phone !
Zaboti Janos, 30 Jun 2011I was exicited about new N9 but then bad news from NOKIA they wont be selling in UK! Shame on ... morethe reason cause your Nokia stores are closed
but the N9 will get to UK in the end.
nokia sure going to bankrupt.and they are going to regret not selling N9 in uk.nokia searay wil be a flop because at that time iphone 5 will be in the market
hi there! do u think it worths that i wait for n9 to b released or should i buy n8??? pls answer me!
I was exicited about new N9 but then bad news from NOKIA they wont be selling in UK! Shame on you NOKIA!!Nice business move....
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.dude can't you see it has a front facing cam?
Donovan, 30 Jun 2011Specs N950 & N9!!!
====================================================================... moreSo it seems the N9 has bluetooth 4.0 instead of 2.1 as stated on GSM Arena specs.
Specs N950 & N9!!!
Release Note For Nokia N950 device software (22-6) 21.06.2011
These release notes is provided to give users and developers information
on certain differences between N950, including its device software, and
N9, equally including its device software.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness
of the notes, we cannot guarantee that we have succeeded in our task and
thus, these release notes are provided “as is” and without any warranty
of any kind.
Further, as N950, including its device software, is not a commercial
device, the quality and/feature set of N950 is of beta quality and comes
without any warranty or support whatsoever.
Finally, when we in these release notes make statements as to the features
of N9 (e.g. describing differences between N950 and N9), it is not a
representation that the commercial version of N9 will actually include
© 2011 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.
Nokia N950 phone hardware specification
Nokia N950 phone uses same hardware components as the Nokia N9 phone
with the following exceptions:
* N950 is physically larger and is made out of aluminum, whereas N9 has
a polycarbonate unibody.
* N950 has a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The N9 is a touchscreen
* N950 has a 4” TFT LCD display whereas N9 has 3.9” AMOLED display.
Display resolution is same on both devices (854×480). Due to the use
of different display technologies, developers should avoid one pixel
with fonts and graphical objects with lines one pixel wide. Also avoid
the extensive use of bright colors, especially white, when developing
for OLED displays as this increases the power consumption (typical
for OLED displays).
* N950 has a different physical camera module than N9. Both camera
modules have very similar image quality (Carl Zeiss branding in N9)
and both modules support 8Mpix image mode.
* In the N950 the front facing camera is in top right corner and on N9
it is in the bottom right corner. The actual camera module is same.
* N950 supports Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR, whereas N9 supports
* N950 does not have support for NFC
* N9 has slightly more sensitive magnetometer and ALS
* N950 has 1320mAh battery, the N9 has 1450mAh battery
Nokia N950 device software Beta notes
* The Nokia N950 phone software is in beta stage and does not represent
the final quality or feature set which will be available when Nokia N9
is commercially available.
* If the device becomes unresponsive you can to perform a hardware reset.
Press the power key on top of the device and keep it pressed down for
8 or more seconds
* Certain types of use may drain the battery faster than normal.
* Across the UI there are still logical ID’s shown in some languages,
icons may not be finalized and animations with opening windows are
* Over-the-Air updates may not be available for the next software version.
* Gallery application may sometimes display ‘no items’
* Help (Info buttons) is disabled from this release
* There are many applications and services which are not available in
this beta release.
* Performance of all use cases has not been optimized yet
* Echo may be heard during some voice calls. This can be eliminated
by turning speakerphone on and off during the call.
* Chinese input method is not supported in this Beta release
* The device may not always see all available WLAN’s (refresh)
* WLAN data transfer may stall off and on with WPA2/AES encryption.
* Bluetooth may not work when Device is connected to WAPI AP.
* The browser is unstable, has known rendering issues with sites.
The look and feel of the browser is not finalized yet.
* Using SB and transferring large amounts of data slows down device
and may long before content shows up in e.g. music player or video
* USB needs to be in SDK (from Settings->Accessories->USB) before
connecting to SDK via USB (or use Always ask mode and then selecting
SDK mode when connecting with USB)
Copyright (c) 2011 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.
Nokia and Nokia Connecting People are registered trademarks of