Donovan, 30 Jun 2011Specs N950 & N9!!!
====================================================================... moreSo it seems the N9 has bluetooth 4.0 instead of 2.1 as stated on GSM Arena specs.
Specs N950 & N9!!!
Release Note For Nokia N950 device software (22-6) 21.06.2011
These release notes is provided to give users and developers information
on certain differences between N950, including its device software, and
N9, equally including its device software.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness
of the notes, we cannot guarantee that we have succeeded in our task and
thus, these release notes are provided “as is” and without any warranty
of any kind.
Further, as N950, including its device software, is not a commercial
device, the quality and/feature set of N950 is of beta quality and comes
without any warranty or support whatsoever.
Finally, when we in these release notes make statements as to the features
of N9 (e.g. describing differences between N950 and N9), it is not a
representation that the commercial version of N9 will actually include
© 2011 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.
Nokia N950 phone hardware specification
Nokia N950 phone uses same hardware components as the Nokia N9 phone
with the following exceptions:
* N950 is physically larger and is made out of aluminum, whereas N9 has
a polycarbonate unibody.
* N950 has a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The N9 is a touchscreen
* N950 has a 4” TFT LCD display whereas N9 has 3.9” AMOLED display.
Display resolution is same on both devices (854×480). Due to the use
of different display technologies, developers should avoid one pixel
with fonts and graphical objects with lines one pixel wide. Also avoid
the extensive use of bright colors, especially white, when developing
for OLED displays as this increases the power consumption (typical
for OLED displays).
* N950 has a different physical camera module than N9. Both camera
modules have very similar image quality (Carl Zeiss branding in N9)
and both modules support 8Mpix image mode.
* In the N950 the front facing camera is in top right corner and on N9
it is in the bottom right corner. The actual camera module is same.
* N950 supports Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR, whereas N9 supports
* N950 does not have support for NFC
* N9 has slightly more sensitive magnetometer and ALS
* N950 has 1320mAh battery, the N9 has 1450mAh battery
Nokia N950 device software Beta notes
* The Nokia N950 phone software is in beta stage and does not represent
the final quality or feature set which will be available when Nokia N9
is commercially available.
* If the device becomes unresponsive you can to perform a hardware reset.
Press the power key on top of the device and keep it pressed down for
8 or more seconds
* Certain types of use may drain the battery faster than normal.
* Across the UI there are still logical ID’s shown in some languages,
icons may not be finalized and animations with opening windows are
* Over-the-Air updates may not be available for the next software version.
* Gallery application may sometimes display ‘no items’
* Help (Info buttons) is disabled from this release
* There are many applications and services which are not available in
this beta release.
* Performance of all use cases has not been optimized yet
* Echo may be heard during some voice calls. This can be eliminated
by turning speakerphone on and off during the call.
* Chinese input method is not supported in this Beta release
* The device may not always see all available WLAN’s (refresh)
* WLAN data transfer may stall off and on with WPA2/AES encryption.
* Bluetooth may not work when Device is connected to WAPI AP.
* The browser is unstable, has known rendering issues with sites.
The look and feel of the browser is not finalized yet.
* Using SB and transferring large amounts of data slows down device
and may long before content shows up in e.g. music player or video
* USB needs to be in SDK (from Settings->Accessories->USB) before
connecting to SDK via USB (or use Always ask mode and then selecting
SDK mode when connecting with USB)
Copyright (c) 2011 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.
Nokia and Nokia Connecting People are registered trademarks of
All the people of state, this phone is a great one. It was given to me and it works like a computer. Meego is not that outstanding but it is ok. Battery backup it perfect it can last for two days. THANK YOU ALL,
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.Who are you to tell that it is front camera
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.it have bottom right,nokia n9 is the spotlight in mobile world
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.It does have a front camera, it's in the bottom right.
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.It does have a front facing cam, and it is available at the bottom left of the blue image in this list.
How about a new device with that but with full qwerty and 12 mega pixel
it'll be heaven it self
thought it's avaiable in n950
but hello !! We ain't developers
why N9 have only 8MP.N8 is better than N9.shape is ugly.plz Nokia do something new.plz all company's stop copying iphone.Use ur own mind.why u stop your nice models becoz u busy in copying stupid iphone.
discovery, 30 Jun 2011nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.The proximity sensor is at the top of the screen, the front-facing camera is bottom-right.
Anonymous, 30 Jun 2011"it will also support Linux apps"..
Can u explain it,.. How does it can support,... more"Strictly speaking, the Nokia N9 does not run MeeGo 1.2 as its operating system. It instead runs what Nokia refers to as a "MeeGo instance". During the development of Harmattan (previously marketed as Maemo 6), Nokia and Intel merged their open source projects into one new common project called MeeGo. Not to postpone the development schedule, Nokia decided to keep the "core" of Harmattan, such as middleware components (GStreamer) and packaging manager (Harmattan uses deb not RPM). Nonetheless, Harmattan is designed to be fully API compatibility with MeeGo 1.2 via Qt. As far as end users and application developers are concerned, the distinction between Harmattan and MeeGo 1.2 is minimal"
I never thought I'd ever want to own another Nokia phone again, as I have no liking for M/soft, you can include Nokia WP7 phones when they come out in that, but now....well, what a phone. If only Nokia had brought the N9 sooner. I still want one bad:)
nokia n9 doesnt have a front cam. its a censor. please correct it.
What do you mean with:
"and being obsolete 6 months after the purchase"
Will the device stop working as it is now, beautifully intuitive and fast, when an update arrives? What does that "update" even mean? What if Nokia made the original software near perfect, and only releases bug fixes. Does that make the device obsolete in 6 months? I dont think so. Reasoning that way, we could say every Android phone ever produced will be obsolete as soon as the N9 lands.