has anyone of you, n900 owners encountered a dis-mantled or broken micro usb port?
not so many reported of that issue for now, i just wanna know.
mine looks good, i dont know how lucky those people that got a faulty n900, and i also heard from them that nokia does not practice their 1 yr warranty on this problem
Great phone. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I love it!
Hey guys!! just glanced through the specs of this phone, just a small question, does this phone supports MMS??
wes, 13 Feb 2010I am thinking of getting this phone. I hear that the web browser is the best on any smartphone... moreyes it does play hulu and also vimeo videos but hulu videos are not as smooth as the desktop version.
I am thinking of getting this phone. I hear that the web browser is the best on any smartphone right now, the closest you get to the full desktop experience. can it play hulu videos and how well does it do this? thanks.
deco, 13 Feb 2010thank u zaheed , ur cooperation is highly appreciated.
can u tell me please how to download t... morefor firmware update you shuld have one of two things:
1. unlimited data connection either in 3g or 2g edge
2. or you may also connect your cell to wifi zone.
now after connecting go to "application manager" and pess the update icon. after it enters there just select "maemo5" and update it. the first update is of 10 mb and after it is done follow the same process to do the second update which is of 90 mb.
and there are no way to save drafts here(as far as i know)
and about the volume of ringging, you can try another thing: just go to settings and then select profile nd after that you will find a volume bar beside the two profiles listed, you can adjust from there.
oh and welcome, anymore problem then just write them here and i'll try to answer them.
Zaheed, 13 Feb 2010for selecting 3g and 2g go to maemo . org and download 3g/2g applet. for searching contact ju... morei forgot to tell you also when i increasd the ring tone level its still low volume !!
Zaheed, 13 Feb 2010for selecting 3g and 2g go to maemo . org and download 3g/2g applet.
for searching contact ju... morethank u zaheed , ur cooperation is highly appreciated.
can u tell me please how to download the latest firmwear ? (the steps?).
another question is : there is no drafts or folders can be made for masseges for this phone?
Can anyone please help? the gallery app is making me nuts. It just doesn't matter how many pics i take via the camera it just doesn't get saved!!!
i can only see them after the click but i can never find them later, they are no where, not in gallery nor even in file manager. this has been going on since day one. I'm wondering if there is a virus or something. but this is a very new os and there are no antivirus for it. please help me out, i'm at my wits end.
deco, 13 Feb 2010hi guys
i just buy this phone 2days ago
i still dont know how to do the following :
1. in... morefor selecting 3g and 2g go to maemo . org and download 3g/2g applet.
for searching contact just slide your keyboard out in any of the four homescreen and start typing the name of the person and it will find it as it has smart dialing.
there are still no auto rotation apps, only gllery (pics), dialing menu and browser(update the phone to latest firmware and press ctrl+shift+o to make it portrait mode) can be auto rotated.
for increasing the ring tone just press the status area(where the battery is shown) and see a volume bar, increase it to make the ring tone louder.
i just buy this phone 2days ago
i still dont know how to do the following :
1. increase the level of the ring tone.
2. searching for a specific name in my contacts.
3.change my 3g to 2g.
4.make my screen auto-rotate.
anyone can help me pleasssss.
i will be greatful to you.
just loaded qtirreco in my N900... configured it as a remote for my samsung LCD....it works like a charm! too good!
Hope the below posts already reached you for adjusting the N900.
The N900 is very popular, so please adjust these issues ASAP.
Ok I Am Extremely Interested on Knowing More Of The Software,since its a new launch in the market,nd never testd b4!
it may be worth the price if the software is good
also the ram memo shud have been atleast upto 512 nd nt 256,
the nex gen ll def have some thing like 512,
next comment will be acknoleged !
Zaheed, 13 Feb 2010thre are somethings i just needed to put in this forum about this phone's day to day use drawb... morethat's your fault for getting this device
nothing is perfect
and i only suffer from a few things that can easily be added and or fixed via firmware update
1.sound for headphones
2.ovi maps gps syncing
4.slight battery increase
5.change the web loading bar
6.more goodies for the camera
7.more devs righting apps/port apps with the same screensize
8.faster rendering on the web browser
and the keyboard is fine i have huges thumbs and it's fine
i play Doom all the time with no prob
thre are somethings i just needed to put in this forum about this phone's day to day use drawbacks:
1. this thing always hangs after my morning alarm. always every morning for 4 mornings in a row, and the only way out is to take the battery off and restart it, no other way works.
2. the hardware qwerty is almost impossible to use when headset or micro usb is plugged in.
3. the mp3 player is really annoying and confusing. no way to add album art or delete from the player like s60. and i still couldn't make it repeat a song. i just don't see the use of the repeat button as it only repeats the whole album, what about repeat a song?
4. sometimes micro b browaer hangs and sometimes it doesn't open a pre opened website.
5. the file manager is not that friendly as s60 and sometimes i never find a downloaded song as there are no search option built in the file manager.
6. the battery life is awful, have to charge it almost three times a day if i use it to the full potential. well this is expected though because all the widgets are live programs running in the background. the biggest eaters of battery life are? facebook, apnews, personal photo frame(in slideshow mode)
7. the stand is not that stable. it wobbles sometimes.
8. fennec is really unresponsive browser, sometimes it doesn't evn want to minimize.
9. there is just no way to change volume if your screen is locked, and also even if you are inside the browser as the volume rocker controls the zooming.
10. the music player still stutters sometimes, though it has lessened by time. but i t will happen if i have some(4 or 5) browser windows open in background.
11. the keypad is extremely tiny, and i wasn't able to press ctrl+shift to enable the portrait mode is the browser(though it's because my thumbs are big).
12. the keypresses of the hardware keypad is not followed as quickly as the other handsets do. and it proves that the set is lagging. and it becomes more prominent if 4 or 5 browser windows are open.
13. and there are no long press option which will bring the symbols for the hardware qwerty so have to press the arrow vigorously.
Please don't get me wrong, this is a great set and one of the best sets of all times, and i still don't have any regrets of buying this but this set is not that much optimised to use for daily life, nokia needs a lot of optimization to do to make it a mass market monster. well i know that they didn't release it for mass market but still all the mobile gurus and tech savvys who bought it still have a daily life and it's not possible for eveyone to carry two smartphones in pocket as they are huge and expensive. this are just my thoughts of this phone after the use of 5 days. please feel free to correct me or suggest me solutions of the problems stated above.