gabby131, 26 Jan 2010i just put the battery power of n900 to test again last weekend.
i have a saturday and a su... morethanks bud and do you come by this problem sometimes .when you set up a theme and you turn off the phone it would keep the wallpaper and start up with the Nseries theme
just wondering if it's a bug
and or widgets dissapering
Vinicius, 26 Jan 2010does anyone know if n900 phones will be upgraded to maemo 6?as far as i know, nokia themselves don't yet know if it will be upgraded to maemo 6. So who knows?
gabby131, 26 Jan 2010i just put the battery power of n900 to test again last weekend. i have a saturday and a su... morei think approx 5hrs (at least) of continuous use including online tasks is fairly reasonable. This phone is supposed to be a mini computer. My laptop doesn't last for more than 3hrs off the charger, so minimum 5hrs is not too bad imho.
K, 26 Jan 2010Hello to all N900 users.. Have been looking at this phone for quite sometime. I have an N81 a... moreeverything about n900 is great, except for the availability of applications and...most commonly the size and weight. some are being irritated by the battery power, that in my opinion is not totally a big issue. Im not telling you to get this device, im just telling you what i believe and experienced in using this phone. you better think more than 10 times coz your going to spend real money for it. there are more reviews about n900's pros and cons out there. and better yet, read from the opinions bellow and from the past. Good Luck
Hello to all N900 users..
Have been looking at this phone for quite sometime. I have an N81 at the moment and im a little bored of it. I went to vodafone (UK) checked out the N900 i like the phone overall.
So heres my question to you N900 users?
Should i just go for this without thinking? I need internet for social networking and surfing, memory for songs, good music quality and thats about it.
I dont wanna go for the blackberry really coz i like the qwerty slider. so please tell me ?
arun..did u bought n900 frm mumbai..frm a mobile shp in BANDRA...???
i just put the battery power of n900 to test again last weekend.
i have a saturday and a sunday to do it, so here are the reslts. (i cant say its good bad or worst, its up to the readers)
Saturday: 100% fully charged at 10:28am EST
- i played a lot of games (vgba and vgbc games though) it took 6 hours before the battery reaches its 50%, no wifi or other apps running, just games and the emulators. the remaining 50% gave me the time for 4 hours of wi-fi and 2 hours of movie, then, "battery low" comes up, but i charged the phone immediately and after a full charge, went to sleep. so that gave me 12hours of use in extreme, and continuous use.
Sunday: 6:30am EST (need to go somewhere)
- that gave us 6.5 hours of idle time, and the battery is still 100%. at the time i need to go for shopping to fill the fridge, i left my n900 at home. that gave me another 2 hours of idle time, battery is 100% still.
- when i got to my n900, this was where all the fun starts. i pin all widgets that i use on the start menu, updates on those widgets started to run, and i chose to connect by wifi. i need to fix what i've shopped for, and i left the device on wifi, and running widgets. my cousin ask me if he could use my n900 for msn, so i said yes (i think this can help on my test). he dosent know much about the multitasking feature of the phone, so i showed him how, and he used the phone for msn, youtube and facebook chat, all at the same time.
- i was sitting in front of my laptop, so i dont know what is happening on my n900. i often saw my cousin, still having fun with it.
- after 5-6 hours, my cousin get back to me, asking how his msn account to be logged of. he returned my n900 at the same time, here are some of his comments:
=the qwerty board is too small
=the spacebar is uncomfortable at first
=the multi tasking is fast
-the battery power left was 12.5 percent
this says that on full continuous wi-fi, the battery can stand minimum of 5 ours, that is not so bad, but not good either.
arun lal, 26 Jan 2010hi dear all i bought n900 from india.and it wasnt launch official,when i wanted to update sof... moreHi arun, dont mess with the hi-tech phones i already owned one in india i got it from uk, i know you get it crack n you caught up with the problem as you shouldn't choose to update as last phone come if immobiliser can be track.. but in your case trap is not possible.. but then put in a show case as its not gonna work now .. go around with phone just for show-off nothing you can do it now.. hahah
I bought Nokia N900 in the UK and have not been able to Top-up or check balance way back in Nigeria. It seems like the phone does not recognize the hash key. Because all network operators in Nigeria uses hash codes to Top-up or check balance. If anyone has an idea on what to do pls ASAP!!!
arun...frm whr in india u got n900..can u tell me the shop name..pls thanks a lot..n try to remove battery n then open ur phone may b tht ll work
Not being able to update it ! after abt half an hour of waiting , a msg pop up : update of maemo 5 failed :S is the phone the prob or the shitty connection!?
arun laal, 26 Jan 2010hi dear all i bought n900 from india.and it wasnt launch official,when i wanted to update sof... morearun...frm where did u buy n900 in india...n wat did it cost u... can u just me i also want to buy it...wat was the cost n from where did u buy.can u tell me so tht i can get one for me...thankss
kashif, 25 Jan 2010as per my openion,nokia e90 is the best phone i have ever used since 2003.
N900 will be the g... moreKashif i recommend the N900. if u r using the E90 then change to the N900. but be adviced that the office you need to upgrade it if u use office in the E90.
QWERTY keyboard is much more comfortable than the N97, N97 Mini, and even the E90. (this is my opinion after using all three.
Software wise it is fast, responsive, does not freeze nore reboots suddenly. multitasking is outstanding in addition to the web browsing.
some things are still missing which will be updated with new firware updates ofcourse.
hardware is heavy duty, the slide mechanism is perfect and very sturdy.
sharing from the N900 is very easy i like it alot. just take any pic and upload it to OVI, Facebook, twitter ect...
the four desktops are amazing which u can almost put all everything infront of you, so there is no need to enter the menu :)
memory wise: you have alot of memory from Mass memory to RAM and virtual memory. no need to worry about that.
i dont regret selling my N97 to get the N900 one second it was a wise choice.
Go for it man you wont regret it :)
hope this helps you and other
hi dear all
i bought n900 from india.and it wasnt launch official,when i wanted to update software, the phone turned off and again it doesnt restart,any comment plz
i would be gratefull. tnx