i finally got mine today and it took me no time to get use to the keyboard it's fine and the buttons are big enough so this phone.......well should say smartphone/tablet hybrid is friggin awesome and fast so people if you can afford it get it for sure
been using mine for 5 - 6 hours and it's an eal new experience
I really cannot understand all the complaints about the battery life... I own 2 N900,extreme usage and both have a decent life time battery.
I think that persons demand a powerfull phone,light,with 1 week battery life.
N900 is a great phone,have some flaws but they will be corrected.
Users like to play games,mail,browsing,and do some more stuff on it. Try to do it with a laptop and tell me how much time the battery can take it.
1/10.. N900 takes 9
Anonymous, 16 Jan 2010it is (as always) dependant on your needs if you need a phone with some smartphone capabili... moreAre there any document editor applications for n900? Without them I think n900 is not an excellent pocket PC.
i had my n900 for a 3 months now. Since i got it tends to freeze/ hang once a day like almost everyday but i really didn't care coz it restarts itself and it work fine. One morning it did freeze/hang again and never restarted itself...I had to send it to nokia repair center...they are very good in updating the status of my phone and the damage was unrepairable so they sent me a new one! Awesome service that they have.
mmm, 19 Jan 2010hi guys when i go to specifications for N900 they write : Display Type TFT resistive tou... more800-480 is the resolution of your screen. the higher the resolution the more stuff you can see on the screen! the higher the resolution the more pixel density meaning better quality picture!
Maps, 19 Jan 2010battery life is so short. one day onlymaps you got one day battery life, (wow) consider yourself lucky most are only getting 4 hours
mmm, 19 Jan 2010hi guys when i go to specifications for N900 they write : Display Type TFT resistive tou... morei was just replying to the post about 800 x 480. that mean the sreen itself uses 800 vertical lines to and 480 horizontal lines to make the pictures in easy terms the higher the resolution the better the picture quality. such as 720p high definition and 1080p high definition 1080 using more lines to make the picture so better quality. i hope this helps
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Hey they broke this site you can't see Arabic any more.
sms, 19 Jan 2010i used lots of phone last year like htc pro 2, htc hd, e75 nokia , samung omnia 2,now iam usin... morehi! have you cracked a way to save SMS to mass memory or memory card? i cant find it in settings or conversation settings. Thanks
i used lots of phone last year like htc pro 2, htc hd, e75 nokia , samung omnia 2,now iam using nokia n900, till now this the best phone i ever used
aha!!! i got my n900 5 hours ahead of schedule!!
my first question; how do i save messages in the mass or card memory? i cant seem to find it in the settings
Anonymous, 19 Jan 2010any news about the arabic keyboard???!!any news about the arabic keyboard please answer thx
Battery life is poor.i charge mine every day -day and half.Anything else in good
I'd like to give some advice to the non-guru, from an old radioelectronic/telecom engineer:
1. DO NOT believe those who post comments with the like of words: Gr8, cum, gud, fone, etc. They have nothing to do with technology, their style reflects their knowledge. As a general advice, rubbish language= rubbish comment/advice.
2. Technology is not simple, straightforward as we wish it to be. On the design of such beast as N900 or anything similar, hundreds of top experts spend huge amount of time, resources, effort to come up with the best possible COMPROMISE.
3. Fast processor requires lots of power, battery power (energy)is directly proportional to its size and mass. There is no magic here, yo want to double the power you need to double the size of the battery. you want to double the speed of a processor you have to triple power consumption. no other way around
4. Capacitive versus resistive: it's like apple versus orange, you cannot have an apple with orange juice inside. For me, if I had a choice to buy n900 with cap. or res. screen at the same price, I'd buy the RESISTIVE. Many here have explained why
5. Megapixel does not mean a lot. It is the lens that has the upper hand, then electronics and SW.
6. My way to decide: look at the specs, check what you want as USER, not as techie!. Do not even consider thinking about the processor speed, memory (except user's), battery capacity. Look at screen resolution, no. of colors, user memory, bluetooth, services, players, facilities that you need.
The other, not less important factor, is the manufacturer reputation. Newcomers to the market are generally weaker and tend to compensate their weakness with hypes, ad campaigns, etc. Country of manufacture is important: from my long experience I can rank manufacturers of electronics products countrywise this way:
Japan, Germany, Sweden, Finland, rest of Europe, USA, Taiwan, Korea,rest of the world, China.
Hope this will help