hershey, 18 Feb 2012please help me, my n900 internal memory is corrupted please tell me what to dodude in google, u search the memory corrupted software..and u can repair that one...
How do i update the version? Will i be able to check account balance?
hershey, 18 Feb 2012please help me, my n900 internal memory is corrupted please tell me what to do1. Download the Flasher 3.5 program from here and then run the .exe (at the time of writing this, it is called “maemo_flasher-3.5_188.8.131.52.exe”:
2. Then download the latest firmware for your phone here (it will be a .bin file and say Latest then your region next to it) AND download the eMMC image AS WELL (it will also be a .bin file but will look like this “RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin”)
N900 Firmware and eMMC (it will ask you for your phone’s IMEI to continue)
3. Save both the .bin files into the Flasher 3.5 folder that was created by the flasher-3.5.exe program you installer earlier (which should be Program Files > Maemo > Flasher-3.5).
4. Rename the two files like so (to make life easier later):
Latest firmware – rename it to “firmware"
eMMC file – rename it to “emmc”
Turn off the phone
2. Hold down the u button on the keyboard of your phone and while holding it plug in the USB cable connected to your computer. (You should see a very DIM Nokia screen with a little USB sybol in the top right corner on the phone).
3. Open the command prompt on your computer by going to start and typing in cmd into the search box and hitting enter.
4. First we flash the firmware file, type in the following commands hitting enter at the end of each line:
cd c:\programfiles\maemo\flasher-3.5\ (*if you are using a 64 bit system, replace “program files” with “program files (x86)”)
flasher-3.5.exe -F firmware.bin -f -R (*if you get a %m error after typing this, go back to the files and .bin after their name and try again. Also try not having the -R at the end.)
5. Leave the command prompt open and wait for the phone to finish flashing and rebooting, then turn off the phone.
6. Hold down the u button on the keyboard of your phone and while holding it plug in the USB cable connected to your computer. (You should see a very DIM Nokia screen with a little USB sybol in the top right corner on the phone).
7. With the command prompt still open on your computer from the firmware flash, we can now flash the eMMC file. Type in the following commands into the command prompt with hitting enter at the end of each line:
flasher-3.5.exe -F emmc.bin -f -R (*if you get a %m error after typing this, go back to the files and .bin after their name and try again. Also try not having the -R at the end.)
tips from theunlockr.com
please help me, my n900 internal memory is corrupted please tell me what to do
Kalin, 17 Feb 2012i'll mostly use it for work, or games, or to chat with friends or listen to music.All phones are capable of sending instant messages and e-mails (I suppose you have a work that you need to check your emails). Also they are all capable of playing music. If you want to listen to radio stations then n9 has no radio receiver (although it has radio transmitter!), lumia 800 has receiver and n900 has both receiver & transmitter. As for games I can't help you. I know that you can play webos games in n900 and it comes with some pre-installed but I have no idea for the other two phones.
Lumia 800 comes with
- Document viewer/editor (that n900 has not by default but you can install later)
- Voice memo/command/dial
that n900 has not at all.
Finally, something that I like in my n900 is recaller application (more here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Recaller) that when talking for business can become handy and something that I don't like is that I need to charge it everyday, to be sure I won't run out of battery.
Oh, also have a look at SAR about the phones that you want.
You must know :
. Everything you see today, the "war" of technology, (single core,dual core,quad core...etc etc) is because this super mobile phone.
. When Nokia N900 arrived, nobody has this technology. Overclock to 1.15GHz ? 32GB internal memory? 1GB of RAM ? Things that even today are astonishing.
Nokia N900...the "war creator"...
hi. i cant see images of cssu for installation if viewed in my n900 browser. can somebody help?
Arif, 15 Feb 2012The Nokia N9 and Lumia 800 are much better than the Nokia N900. The Nokia N900 (this phone) is... moreand you havent tried any of the 3. I have N9 but i miss my N900 often. N900 can do things the N9 cannot, especially when it comes to the browser, it may be old but still the most advanced webbrowser ever on a handheld, the Maemo browser is a full PC type browser and not some mobile version. Even Android with their full flash support is weak and incompatible when measured up against the Maemo browser.
And if thats not enough it can also run full version Iceweasel, making it the only handheld to support webpages with Java applets, thats 110% unique in the handheld world, N9 isnt even close, and Lumia is ment@lly ret@rded in comparison.
N900 is truly the best phone ever made.
pmanousis, 16 Feb 2012Hello, before I try to answer you question, I have to make one: what do you mean 'which phone ... morei'll mostly use it for work, or games, or to chat with friends or listen to music.
Arif, 15 Feb 2012The Nokia N9 and Lumia 800 are much better than the Nokia N900. The Nokia N900 (this phone) is... moreHi Arif, just my opinion....
I use 2 phone, N900 and N8, N900 is my prime mobile phone and N8 is 2nd mobile phone as my camera and music phone.
for me N900 tought screen is much more accurate and easy to use since N8 is too sensitive and easyer make mistake when we tought.
Kalin, 14 Feb 2012I'm about to buy a new m.phone and i can't choose between : nokia n900, nokia lumia 800 and no... moreHello, before I try to answer you question, I have to make one: what do you mean 'which phone is better'? I personally buy depending on what I need (or like), so what do you need your new phone/computer OR computer/phone do?
Anonymous, 15 Feb 2012i got the phone 4rm som1 bt when i check the memory capacity, i discovered its 27gb instead of... moreNothing is wrong, have a look over here to see why you have 27Gb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900#Storage
premji, 13 Feb 2012i tried , but in vainI suppose you already have an skype account. Created on a pc and you put that username and password in 'settings'->'voip and im'... If that fails maybe you write your password wrong. If all go ok then you should touch the time and see availability button, to connect yourself to skype servers and let others see you. Have a look at this image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2533/4187602092_f1ebc77709.jpg
kalin Poter, 14 Feb 2012I'm about to buy new phone and i am wondering which phone is beter: the nokia n900, nokia lumi... moreThe Nokia N9 and Lumia 800 are much better than the Nokia N900. The Nokia N900 (this phone) is now very old, with old specifications. Also this phones touchscreen is using old-technology so will be hard to use.
Personally I would consider either the Nokia N9 or Lumia 800. The N9 doesn't have that much better specifications, but is far better than the N900. Personally the Lumia 800 is where Nokia want you to concentrate; it has several capabilities.
However, the Nokia N9 may soon get a port of Android. So it's totally your choice, either go for N9 or Lumia 800. :)
dev, 14 Feb 2012thanks ramlall singh for sending me those batteries and back coverYou are very welcome my friend.
kalin Poter, 14 Feb 2012I'm about to buy new phone and i am wondering which phone is beter: the nokia n900, nokia lumi... morebye nokia n9.its more expensive.nokia n900 its lovely phone.best phone that man has created fine now.