which one better,nokia n900 or nokia n97???
b cause i think for both phones for multimedia are goodss....
I will wait till the next version only touchscreen n900 comes out, would bee more tiny and maybe better battery pack.
it seems to be a very interesting device indeed....
i just need to know couple of things of this phone>..
is there any built in fax modem that enable u to send and receive faxes?????
and does this phone have a messenger similar to black berry messenger ?????
thanks for the information
Anonymous, 24 Sep 2009I find the physical qwerty keyboard far more comfortable than virtual. you can type lot faster... moredoes making your device look expensive helps? having a physical qwerty only makes it more bulky,its like having a brick in your pocket hahaha..physical qwery may also malfunction due to it has a flex and if that flex worn out then goodluck..
m ehsaan qadri, 24 Sep 2009n900 does have digi campass
tnksyes it has..:)
also, the MMS, video call and handwriting recognition will be there when released finaly in October....:)
Anonymous, 24 Sep 2009Maemo 5 Hacker Edition will be availible even for the first Maemo-tablet from 2005, so I guess... moreThanks. My main concern is application support. Most applications in the future, as I see, will be Qt based. And this phone is mostly GTK (or something close). So... in the future, the N900 will need to load both engines to work with all those apps.... by looking at the free memory available (see big post below, NYC store), would that be a concern?
I just went to the NYC flagship and played with the n900 for 5 mins (had to get back to work).
Can report the following facts based on whatever firmware they had:
- with only the following open: photobrowser (no pic loaded), calculator, xterminal, web browser with cnn.com open there is 5MB free physical free out of the 256MB
- with no apps open, there is 30MB physical free out of the 256MB
- device feels solid, nice heft. very good build quality. Barely pocket-able but can be done
- screen response good, no complaints
- keyboard ok, maybe not as nice as the E71 but could get used to it
- screen quality good, crisp and vibrant
- UI design a little quirky as there's alot going on but shouldn't be a problem after you get used to it
- camera response ok, comparable to N95 reponse when taking a pic
- feels like a real gadget, more stuff to play/interact with than iphone.
- GUI response is very good, no lag when the apps are open. OVI maps took over 20 seconds to open though. Felt a slight lag when opening apps for the first time (same as you'd expect from your desktop)
initial response is good would pre-order if I can get a clear idea of battery life, if it can't last a day with average usage then its a no-go for me.
To put in perspective (to assure you I'm no fan-boy), my initial response of the n97 at the NYC flagship was horrible. screen quality horrible, keypad horrible, touch screen response horrible and UI design disgusting. Form factor excellent.
Nokia definitively have an iphone contender here if the battery holds up.
Julius, 23 Sep 2009If I'm able to run Maemo 6 applications on this, them I might as well buy it. If not, I'm goin... moreMaemo 5 Hacker Edition will be availible even for the first Maemo-tablet from 2005, so I guess you're pretty safe by buying this... hopefully it'll be as future-proof as the N95.
guys, it's time to discuss release dates
october is approaching, but still no announcements on the actual dates
perhaps one of you has some info?
i'm on KPN in the Netherlands btw
I love this phone and I am still waiting for it and is it over 5'00 euros
Anonymous, 24 Sep 2009Leave Iran(leave iran???????????!!!!)
is this the answer you will suggest?????
what is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ali, 24 Sep 2009hi,i am in iran,ilove this mobile,but i dont have enough money,how can i achieve this mobile?thanksMy Friend,
either you have to wait till the price drops or order the mobile via amazon( the price already coming reasonable)
ali, 24 Sep 2009hi,i am in iran,ilove this mobile,but i dont have enough money,how can i achieve this mobile?thanksLeave Iran
hi,i am in iran,ilove this mobile,but i dont have enough money,how can i achieve this mobile?thanks