Wait for this .... i can asure you that's worth the waitin, btw why need 8 MP camere is a 5 MP is giving you excellent pics.
I hope T-Mobile USA gets this phone, it would makes sense that it will be compatible with the 1700/2100 3g network. This is the type of high end phone I have been waiting for T-Mobile to get, they better get it!
Anonymous, 18 Sep 2009hii
the points you mentioned about the N97 Better than N900 are not important as it is not ... morehi
a blogger reviewed the n900 and said it already had a compass. Its just not been mentioned in the specs
mog, 17 Sep 2009hei guys..big dilema:
buy omnia 2 now or wait for this beauty?
what do you think?of course wait for this cell buddy..this is nokia! nd n900...ohh god, this is great!
i have eternity, its good; but i miss my functionality options i used to have in my nokia device! lets hope i could have this n900 very soon.
Anonymous, 18 Sep 2009N97 is better tahn n900
good size to hold in hand
cheaper now for Sin... morehii
the points you mentioned about the N97 Better than N900 are not important as it is not linked to hardware or software,
N900 is the best so far among Nokia, and Nokia promises to fix all the issues: MMS, Digital compass, Radio & video call in no time...:)
so welcome N900 to the new worl of Technology..
any idea when the nokia n900 will be released in India? I read somewhere that the launch of N900 is Oct 19th 2009...but I am not sure about the countries??? can anyone answer???
N97 is better tahn n900
good size to hold in hand
cheaper now for Singapore dollar 898
digital compass fm radio but lack of infrared
3d hacc mising but I don't care
symbian ui sucks but I amused to it
design is what u look at first when buying phone
Anonymous, 18 Sep 2009Just get the Sony Ericsson Satio. Its got the same exact processor as this and 12MP which is r... moreWell, I think I'm still going for this phone. I don't really care about camera since I have a Sony HD camcorder. And personally, I never believe a number in megapixel war. Really, I beat the picture quality from my 8 mp Canon can beat that from any cell phone camera to the ground. For me, cell phone camera is for casual pictures. If you want a serious photograph, you need a real camera.
FYI, yes this phone will not have FM radio but it comes with FM transmitter. My 1992 camry has only cassette/ FM radio so FM transmitter is a very required option for me.
That message is for:
Peter Schneider, Head of Marketing, Maemo Devices.
There is a video on YouTube that Peter Schneider say that anything above 3.5" screen is to big. That guy is totally silly.
Peter Schneider I will suggest you to do another video to correct what you said but please before that be prepared and read some informations.
HTC Leo will have
121 x 67 x 11mm dimensions
110.9 x 59.8 x 18 mm
The users will have a much better screen and for that will add just 1cm. I am sure that could be fit into any pocket. You should correct what you said.
You now that the screen for the N900 does not use properly the size of the product like HTC Leo almost use the entire size as screen.
I think we deserve a professional answer from Peter Schneider regards what he said about screen size and pocket size.
Devilgunman, 18 Sep 2009I'm a die-hard SE fans but I gotta admit that this phone totally change my mind. I've using ma... moreJust get the Sony Ericsson Satio. Its got the same exact processor as this and 12MP which is really awesome. It doesn't have a much different price with this. This phone doesn't have radio in its software. You have to download it first. Kinda stupid..
I'm a die-hard SE fans but I gotta admit that this phone totally change my mind. I've using mainly sonyericsson phone since T68 and now I'm ready to get my hand on the first smartphone I've ever own!!
I'm really hesitated between getting this phone or the Xperia 2. This phone won me over just because of 1 function: The FM Transmitter. Really, I don't understand why the hell SE need to drop this feature in their smart phone. I first use it on my w980 and totally love it. And the price, this phone will be out next month with $699 price tag, which is very cheap IMO, comparing to probably $1000 Xperia 2.
Even more, it has a freaking infrared!! Common! Is there any current smart phone that have this feature? This will work very well with my old-ass laptop.
Anonymous, 18 Sep 2009Phone pros: - Open OS - Decent UI - Quite powerful - TV-Out - Good resolution - Support ... moreYou are totally right. Let try to spread all that information and send to Nokia they should no that. I prefer that the Nokia Research Group take in considereation our notes and change the N900. I prefer to wait a little bit more but they fix that issue.
Agree, not so good design! N97 is still the drop dead looking nokia phone at the moment!
n98 =N97 design model withsymbian ^2 / maemo os possible?
N98 is the best if nokia reAlize my dream!
Is N900 a great product maybe?
Folks have to understand base on the available technology in the market.
The N900 does not have good camera and battery.
Looks cool but as a symbian addict I'm a little concerned about the OS!! What's Maemo???
- Open OS
- Decent UI
- Quite powerful
- Good resolution
- Support a lot of media
- Large capacity
- Mozilla based web browser
- Freakishly heavy 181 grams
- Not so good design
- Kinda weak battery
- No MMS, which is really basic
- No FM available unless with an app
- Resistive gets annoying after awhile
- Available in only 1 color
- 5mp camera
- No camera features
- Only uses LED
- Only available in Landscape
- Lack of Multi-Touch
- Keypad is a little too tiny
Anonymous, 18 Sep 2009people complaining about the camera... haven't you heard that the larger the MP count the grea... moreSo not true... There are a lot phones right now that has quality AND size! The n86, the Omnia and many more phones with great MP sizes take good pictures and you don't see them having noise problem.
Here are some issues of Nokia N900 that have been confirmed:
1. The touchscreen is resistive.
2. Multi-Touch is not implemented.
3. MMS is not supported, because MMS feature is difficult to implemented the development team doesn’t have enough resources to finish it before release date. (This also could be the reason for Apple didn’t include MMS feature in their 1st generation iPhone.) It may be added in later version.
4. USB-OTG is not supported, though Nokia didn’t mention whether it is because of hardware of software. Since the USB-OTG feature on N800/N810 is developed by users community, this could also happen to N900.
5. There is no software for FM radio, though the hardware is ready. Nokia said they expect third party software will support this feature.
6. The battery can last one day according to the official specification. But in worst case, for example, using HSDPA to watch HQ video online will use up the battery with 5 hours. The optimization of power consumption is still ongoing, however the battery should be bigger (BP-5L instead of BP-5J)
7. The media player of N900 can play 720P HD video directly, but it can only capture video up to 800×480, while the Samsung i8910, which is also base on OMAP 3430, can capture video up to 1280×720.
8. The web browser has full support for flash, but no support for Java. It looks really powerful, there is still fine tuning necessary.
In general, most known issues is software related. It means they be solved by firmware upgrade. However, there for sure will be more issues popped out after Nokia N900 comes to end users’ hands.