Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009Cheaper than the N97... (yes, really!)Cheaper than N97?! Surely not! I hope you're right!
where's the multi touch nokia???? you need to keep up your game if you wanna stay on top...
Its' obvious that this phone will win any other phone in the world hands down. But with this kind of phone comes a fatal cost: the price. Lets hope it wouldnt be too expensive.
The digital compass isn't confirmed yet, right? I really hope they won't leave it out.
It would be nice if Nokia would release their Nokia PC Suite for Linux so that people who use Linux on their desktop could sync their phone under Linux, they can't really claim they support Linux if they won't do something like that which should take very little resources of a company the size of Nokia.
This is what will kill this phone - "TFT resistive touchscreen". Last century.
So glad to see Nokia releasing a phone of this calibre. This is what the N97 should've been! It would be great if they could've given it a nice metal finish, but I suppose that would put the weight up!
Decision made... probably.
inirvana, 28 Aug 2009Thats 32GB internal memory + 16GB Memory card = 48GB.
sigh.this is a good phone .but this phone very poor camera .why ur camera very poor
i need 10megapixel
finally Nokia came out with new high-end smartphone that not running symbian. Personally, I hate symbian for some reasons, and for me, OS is the most important factor.
cool phone love it
that phone is gonna cost alot of money
i think 40,000 and up!!
isheeps like to trashing on N97 backyard and they have a point maybe.
but now Nokia comes up with the answer, and looks like it gotten isheeps sweating their pants!
Even if we play unbalanced game: you are not allowed to see N900 superiority over iphone (which are too much..) and only allowed to see iphone superiority over N900, what it got left? Not many.. maybe multitouch and that's it.. hahaha...
poor isheepish. N900 rocks on..!
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009@Everyone comparing this to the SE X2 X2's only "possible advantages" are: WM 6.5, WVGA OLE... moreI forgot the "document editor-argument". I'd pick the FREE OpenOffice for Linux/N900 over MS Office Mobile any day... heck I even prefer OpenOffice over the original MS Office!
@Everyone comparing this to the SE X2
X2's only "possible advantages" are: WM 6.5, WVGA OLED touchscreen, bigger RAM, better CPU, 8.1 mp camera
WM 6.5 -> Maemo is miles ahead, nothing to discuss here. Read the comments in the N900 forum to learn more.
WVGA OLED -> If done right, then and only then it will be superior to N900's WVGA TFT.
Bigger RAM -> Joke? There is no phone but the N900 that uses virtual runtime memory, you'll never run out of application memory. Read the comments in the N900 forum to learn more.
Better CPU -> Again, another joke? MHz isn't everything...
8.1 mp camera -> 5MP Carl Zeiss camera with dual-LED flash and WVGA-recording is far superior to an unknown 8MP one, just look at LG Viewty Smart or LG Crystal.
Conclusion: N900 4-1 X2
fz36, 29 Aug 2009WOW, 32 + 16 = 48... I couldn't have added that up myself.
You my friend are a genius...If only they have a DUAL tranflash slot like the old day of Driva A:, Drive B:
then it would be so cool, because I can copy transflash easily, and every one would be jealous.
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009Can someone please translate this for me :-)
For those of you who don't know, here are ... more"For those of you who don't know, here are a few tidbits that make this phone awesome.
- You can load any variant of ARM linux, meaning you can load Ubuntu or Android if you want, there's are versions that run on the Nokia N810.
- The N900 will have an s60 emulator so it will be somewhat backwards compatible with s60 apps
- I saw this quite often asked, but yea, the N900 has an FM Receiver and Transmitter, so you can listen to FM radio and transmit music to your car stereo
- Did I mention that it's fully open linux? No HelloOX, no hacking, you have the full operating system at your disposal. It comes with a terminal with root capabilities.
- The N900 will be upgradable to the next version of Maemo, Maemo 6, as every internet tablet has had a guaranteed support for at least 2 future OS's.
- N900 has a PowerVR SGX, Opengl ES 2.0, do i have to say more?
- N900 will support usb HOST!, just like the n810, meaning you can plug in usb drives, hard drives, usb mice, etc. Any usb peripheral will work!
- The N900 is truly powerful, if you have seen the demo video you'll see during the application switcher that programs are updated IN REAL TIME while your switching applications! Video keeps on playing and you can see it WHILE you're alt tabbing, like in windows vista/7"
And don't forget about this...
...it has 1GB of application memory (256MB RAM and 768MB virtual memory). This is the ONLY phone on the market that uses this rather nice technology - to use the mass storage memory when/if it runs out of the RAM.
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009Without document editor willit can be compared with toys.@Everyone complaining about the lack of a document editor
The Linux-version of OpenOffice can be installed for FREE on the Linux-compatible N900! And it is far superior to any mobile versions of Office.