Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009Can someone please translate this for me :-)
For those of you who don't know, here are ... more"For those of you who don't know, here are a few tidbits that make this phone awesome.
- You can load any variant of ARM linux, meaning you can load Ubuntu or Android if you want, there's are versions that run on the Nokia N810.
- The N900 will have an s60 emulator so it will be somewhat backwards compatible with s60 apps
- I saw this quite often asked, but yea, the N900 has an FM Receiver and Transmitter, so you can listen to FM radio and transmit music to your car stereo
- Did I mention that it's fully open linux? No HelloOX, no hacking, you have the full operating system at your disposal. It comes with a terminal with root capabilities.
- The N900 will be upgradable to the next version of Maemo, Maemo 6, as every internet tablet has had a guaranteed support for at least 2 future OS's.
- N900 has a PowerVR SGX, Opengl ES 2.0, do i have to say more?
- N900 will support usb HOST!, just like the n810, meaning you can plug in usb drives, hard drives, usb mice, etc. Any usb peripheral will work!
- The N900 is truly powerful, if you have seen the demo video you'll see during the application switcher that programs are updated IN REAL TIME while your switching applications! Video keeps on playing and you can see it WHILE you're alt tabbing, like in windows vista/7"
And don't forget about this...
...it has 1GB of application memory (256MB RAM and 768MB virtual memory). This is the ONLY phone on the market that uses this rather nice technology - to use the mass storage memory when/if it runs out of the RAM.
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009Without document editor willit can be compared with toys.@Everyone complaining about the lack of a document editor
The Linux-version of OpenOffice can be installed for FREE on the Linux-compatible N900! And it is far superior to any mobile versions of Office.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970No need to smash them man they will explode by themselves lool
warning warning attention attention !! there is a timeboom inside iphone n its going 2 explode in 2 months(oct) warning warning attention attention !! tic tak tic tak..................
for me nokiais the number one,only hope the touchscreen work reliable,cz nokia xpress music touchscreen was a crap,welcome to these new phone,is true is coming for TMOBILE?
Viva Nokia. I am happy to see that there is one company who finally releases a "phone" with the 1700 network for 3g using t-mobile USA. I am a fan of nokia but hated the fact that I was never able to connect to a 3g network due to the lack of support to this network and this will sure be my next purchase.
can't believe people are comparing this phone with the 3gs! cmon! iphones are not even true smartphones, retarded perhaps ... and those posting about how great the iphone is, give me a brake! use up your frontal lobe and realize that behind all those touch animations you have a $90 phone or less
so, why don't we compare this beauty with some truly smartphones and cut the crap .....
(looking forward to read from the iphone lover's answers to this post) LOL
Start smashing all ur iphones before this monster destroys it. There ll b no mercy.
inirvana, 28 Aug 2009Thats 32GB internal memory + 16GB Memory card = 48GB.
sigh.WOW, 32 + 16 = 48... I couldn't have added that up myself.
You my friend are a genius...
I think Nokia has bounced back really well with this 1, a comparison with the Samsung OMNIA HD shows that its a force to contend with and best of all its non Symbian.. marvelous I should say cant wait for it to hit the shelves!
I am wondering about ngage on this monster. May be a new version running with 3d chip at nearly psp graphic level kicking iphones' asses.
Nokia seems that they can now celebrate what they have achieved now!!:)
I am sure nokia will make a version without keyboard! Or capcitive n900
I guess the device to be announced at nokia world 09 would be esereis touch, new communicator or n98!
It is getting interesting this nokia ebvent
why there is no information about nokia n98. Thats going be a monster too.
Here comes the Nokia BULLDOZER. Go start running iphones or u will get destroyed by this monster. Time is there. OHH! dont cry. WILL U STOP CRYING!!
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2009Without document editor willit can be compared with toys.How many devices out there that come with a document editor out of the box (Excluding WinMo ones) ??