How to installed a new 2.00.052 upgrade version in my n 91?. is it working proparly in it?. plz do reply . thanks in advanced.
I thing this is the sexiest phone nokia has ever made. It's neat, sleek, small and sexy.
Only problem is why no expandable memory? I can only get a few songs on it. Why not make it take memory cards?
how did u upgrade ur firmware? i live in california and its hard to find a nokia center around here. can you update it yourself? if so where can u find the software?
Hi as promised here is my updated List. My AUGUST 25th list
The new 2.00.052 software is great. I purchased a Windows DRM track from HMV, worked like a charm. The sw is stable, energy management seems better. Brilliant sound etc
Im not sure whether 2.00 makea alot of these Tips obsolete but I tend to "live by these" and simply never have any problems. I noticed Music101 on other blogs has been using my list (that good!)
1) The SW now
- 1.00.28.xx note these final two numbers show the language etc it does not indicate that a release is later or earlier
- 1.01.xx (cant remember the last two)
- 1.10.30 The latest one that I am using
- 1.11.xx (again cant remember the last two but this was the same as 1.10 but with something for Russia and France or something?)
- 2.00.52 the latest with Windows DRM
2) Do not set the HDD as your "memory in use" for messaging (SMS, MMS). In addition to the EM issue above - its slow (HDD buffering is optimized for Video, Music playback).
3) Dont save the Theme or Wallpaper Photo you want use on the HDD. Something to do with Symbian and how it handles themes on a HDD. It can lose it during charging and go back to the default themes which is annoying until you know this.
4) Leave your keypad tones off.
5) To optimize you battery life : a) If you do not care about WCDMA then switch from DUAL to GSM. b) Make sure your WLAN "show availability" in Tools/Connection is set to "never". c) Do not leave Bluetooth On unless you are using it for an accessory
6) When backing up your phone use PC suite to back-up your phone memory (ROM) and USB mass storage for the HDD (PC suit eis too slow and seems to have issues with large amounts of data). Copy over what you want from your HDD to the PC (Music, Images, Contacts, Videos, Documents etc) BUT do not just grab all the folder move to the PC. Applications need to re-installed properly and should not just be dragged and dropped back to the PC. Also beware in copying installed applications (eg the actual folders and files not the SISx file) from an MMC/SD to the HDD. The N91 on start up may see these as incomplete installation and will start to install them. Use the proper installation of SISx files! (its like a PC you must install things properly!)
7) If you get a situation that the phone boots up and cant see the HDD - check your Battery cover with a paper clip over the little "box" on the inside. Jasmir stated he had a phone that was missing the magnet there which the device uses to see if the battery cover in on. Its rare but obviously someone missed something. Nokia will just give you a new battery cover no worries.
8) In general if you can - save the applications (SISx files) you download/buy on the phone memory (especially ones that connect over the air) then that is the best thing to do (better energy management, speed etc). My phone came with over 14 Mbytes of memory so that's alot of space for applications. I like to keep the HDD for what it was optimized for - Music and Videos.
9) Be patient with Gallery when you have loaded up a bunch of new songs and videos. Unlike file manager the Gallery has to create some type of database the first time it opens after a big HDD update or phone memory reset. Its one thing about the N91 i must admit annoys me. File manager works great by the way.
10) Afraid about dropping it - There was a link to some site (see Nokis BLOG) that stated Nokia drops the N91 over 300 times on cement to test the HDD
11) SMS starting to get sluggish? - I found this in an N80 forum. Enter *#7370# (lock codee 12345) and this cleans up the phone memory BEFORE you do see step 6 above about backing up you phone and HDD memory
12) Remember its a S60 3rd edition phone so old .SIS files will not work. Make sure before you download/buy that not only is it compatible for S60 3rd edition but that verify it is made for the N91 as well just to be sure
13) "Out of Memory" - This happens sometimes on some web sites using that Internet Browser that comes with the phone. Its not the HDD but rather the RAM in the phone (cache). Make sure you have all applications closed (note "standby" and Music player cannot be closed) to free up memory. The Services (WAP) browser does not have this problem and I bought the Opera browser and it works great (installed on phone memory by the way).
That's about it. I fined none of these hinder my use - except perhaps 9, 13 and 11 a little bit.
the n91 is a good phone the memory is brilliant the soud is really clear and it is like a ipod but bigger
yes,i strongly believe that this is one of the best music phone awailable............
but,i want to know can u play games and listen to music at the same time
Hi Again , I Didn't Get The Answer
I Said : I Have W900 Now , And I Want Buy N91 , My Question IS : How Big Is The Sound ! Of N91 , I Mean That Is N91 Speaker Louder [ Not Quality Better ! ] Just Louder Than W900 ? Or How Bigger Is W900 Than N91 ?
the phone speakers is not loud. But I've tried using the Sennheiser headphones & my 2.1 Altec Lansing desktop speakers, THEY BOTH ROCK. Indeed, throught speakers/earphones, they beat every other model. Believe me, I've tried 3250 n w550 already, n of coz, they both lose to N91.
The loudest speaker for walkmans SE handset is W550/600 because it has 3 speakers. With the headset they have similar quality.
For Nokia that have more than one speaker are 3250, 6270, 6233 and N73 (but I never read of they have 3 speakers or not).
It's better that you try by yourself,because it's subjectief and louder is not always better in quality.
sorry to ask this twice but i would really like a better comparison of phones that can play loud music out the speakers. I have the N91 and i dont think its that loud. My brother's N90 is louder. I recently tested the N73 at the store and it has 2 speakers and its the loudest phone i've ever heard. So for those of you that have loud phones mentioned earlier like 3250, W900, and W550, how does it compare to the N73 (if you have one)? the reason i ask this is because i love listening to music on my phone. thats all i care about. i saw a guy with a phone that played music so loud it sounded like a boombox. and we were sitting outside not in a room where the phone would sound louder. sound quality was pretty good too. i want my next phone to be a good music phone because im pretty disappointed with my N91. It's true that the N91 does sound good through headphones but its very low through the speakers. So can you guys give me some ideas/opinions? thanks.
Can anyone let me know if the battery of this phone is good? Cause the N80 battery are terrible. Also does this phone have screen saver? Thanks..
ai how du' u find ur e-mail address to ur pone?...YAY i finallie got it...lol.
By mistake I deleted the pre installed applications of "Motion" and "Lights" from the phone. Now, I cannot access the files in the Gallery and I have to use the file manager to access the files. Can any one help me in finding a solution to this problem? and how to get those applications installed back on my phone?
bhavin dude nokia replaced my set n gave it after 34 days . d replacement so keep waiting n my new set hang occasionaly can any one tell me tips thx
If you do need smartphone,think N73 to replace your N80.
If you don't need smartphone maybe you can try Nokia 6233/6270 or SE W900/810i. For SE,only W550i has more than one speaker.
really great phone but i need to get the version 2.00 how do i get it some one pls help