I was wondering whether anyone has used phoenix to flash their n91 phone for the latest version - http://nokia.dogtoe.com/.
I'd appreciate any input using this method.
To unnamed having issues - See my list of hints below. Also get a sw update
hi, i bought my n91 a few monts back n i thought it was the best thing ever.. now i'm constantly having problems with it!! it wont send sms's. i've tried gettin the mms setting but it wont let me.. it constantly loses all my music then decides to let me pay a few tracks!! not impressed!!!
IT's a good phone, once you've updated the software. It used to hang a couple of times, but it's a really cool phone. I also have the w900i, and well, the camera on that is MUCH, MUCH better...but if it's audio ya want, then the n91 comes in with a bit more volume. The n91 has more software and stuff to play around with than the w900i, but know what? I don't regret either phone. I'll probably keep one for imaging and the other for the sound capabilities...or I'll end up getting either an iPoD or a digicam...OR...Hehehe! Both phones are great.
hey all .. i wanna ask u something about it .. is it better than w900 i mean the sound of course .. thanks
Its good for a day or two after that you will have hard disk problems. I bought this set and have the greatest regret in my choice. They will have to do something about the harddisk problem and also it hangs.
Jessica Jane Pradhan
n91 is a superb model and no fault at all. who needs a xtra memory card slot when 4 gb has already given.it wifi works astonishing.
Maybe no one can answer your question, because maybe no one has N91 and W900 at the same time together?
Over the size or weight, you can compare them in this site, also for review you can compare them.
But if you read,"our friend TL said that the loudspeaker is not loud".
I think that W900i is one from the best multimedia phone, it has balance quality from the feature (music, camera and video). N91 has more total memory, EDGE, smartphone but smaller screen and not complete camera feature.
Why don't you wait for W950i?
i don't really care about the LIVE8 stuff but what i do care about is the clips with the same formatssssssssssssss, such as the MP4 so what is ur oppinion and i would like 2 know is it true that ur getting a louder sound and how is it going 2 be installed using my own cable or using the service center>?????????/
thanxxxxx for the reply
Hi Again , I Didn't Get The Answer
I Said : I Have W900 Now , And I Want Buy N91 , My Question IS : How Big Is The Sound ! Of N91 , I Mean That Is N91 Speaker Louder [ Not Quality Better ! ] Just Louder Than W900 ? Or How Bigger Is W900 Than N91 ?
Just upgraded my N91 Firmware by using Phoenix 2006 with DKE-2 Cable to Firmware:
Now wen i select Stereo Widening U definetly get Stereo Output from the Speaker & the Speaker becomes louder unlike the other firmware below v2.00.052
Ders so many Imporvments in this firmware & its more stable
To Mangesh, Bader, C
2.00.052sw: I went to the Nokia service centre. They installed it. Note that if you got your device from an operator or even in some countries i was told they have an approval process for software that means they can be a bit later. I bought my retail at carphone warehouse so there is no country or operator apporval delay. The sw will eventually get to everyone I suspect
Bader: DRM. IF you are talking about the Live 8 activation keys? They do not reload keys for you. I personally did not even bother to ask
C: The sms issue see my Aug 25th list of hints (item 11) . I suspect that you will need to clean out
your phone memory with 7370 every so often. This sounds like a classic memory leak (happens on my PC actually). Not sure if its ifixed in 2.00.052 sw. I dont see the problem but then again I only send about 20-30 sms a day.
I got my N91 like a few months ago. It was okay at first and it thought it rocked but a few moments later, it hangs up while I send me SMS and I'm getting so pissed off. Especially here in the Philippines when people usually use SMS to message unlike other countries who have lesser rates if they just call. So I really need SMS. So I brought it to Nokia's service center and they told me that they had to delete everything so they could upgrade my phone's software and I agreed and got the phone after a week. Now I think it's only been like 3 weeks since I got it and I haven't put a lot of stuff in it yet and it still hangs up. I love Nokia because it's user friendly but they have got to do something with this...
thanx for the facts but i need 2 ask about the DRM problem is it solved or what and is this a NOKIA authinticated sw version or what and could u provide the website plzzz
N91 has so far been the best phone i had. Who needs more memory when 4GB is more then enough. Unlike most other phones, N91 can install many softwares.
How to installed a new 2.00.052 upgrade version in my n 91?. is it working proparly in it?. plz do reply . thanks in advanced.
I thing this is the sexiest phone nokia has ever made. It's neat, sleek, small and sexy.
Only problem is why no expandable memory? I can only get a few songs on it. Why not make it take memory cards?
how did u upgrade ur firmware? i live in california and its hard to find a nokia center around here. can you update it yourself? if so where can u find the software?
Hi as promised here is my updated List. My AUGUST 25th list
The new 2.00.052 software is great. I purchased a Windows DRM track from HMV, worked like a charm. The sw is stable, energy management seems better. Brilliant sound etc
Im not sure whether 2.00 makea alot of these Tips obsolete but I tend to "live by these" and simply never have any problems. I noticed Music101 on other blogs has been using my list (that good!)
1) The SW now
- 1.00.28.xx note these final two numbers show the language etc it does not indicate that a release is later or earlier
- 1.01.xx (cant remember the last two)
- 1.10.30 The latest one that I am using
- 1.11.xx (again cant remember the last two but this was the same as 1.10 but with something for Russia and France or something?)
- 2.00.52 the latest with Windows DRM
2) Do not set the HDD as your "memory in use" for messaging (SMS, MMS). In addition to the EM issue above - its slow (HDD buffering is optimized for Video, Music playback).
3) Dont save the Theme or Wallpaper Photo you want use on the HDD. Something to do with Symbian and how it handles themes on a HDD. It can lose it during charging and go back to the default themes which is annoying until you know this.
4) Leave your keypad tones off.
5) To optimize you battery life : a) If you do not care about WCDMA then switch from DUAL to GSM. b) Make sure your WLAN "show availability" in Tools/Connection is set to "never". c) Do not leave Bluetooth On unless you are using it for an accessory
6) When backing up your phone use PC suite to back-up your phone memory (ROM) and USB mass storage for the HDD (PC suit eis too slow and seems to have issues with large amounts of data). Copy over what you want from your HDD to the PC (Music, Images, Contacts, Videos, Documents etc) BUT do not just grab all the folder move to the PC. Applications need to re-installed properly and should not just be dragged and dropped back to the PC. Also beware in copying installed applications (eg the actual folders and files not the SISx file) from an MMC/SD to the HDD. The N91 on start up may see these as incomplete installation and will start to install them. Use the proper installation of SISx files! (its like a PC you must install things properly!)
7) If you get a situation that the phone boots up and cant see the HDD - check your Battery cover with a paper clip over the little "box" on the inside. Jasmir stated he had a phone that was missing the magnet there which the device uses to see if the battery cover in on. Its rare but obviously someone missed something. Nokia will just give you a new battery cover no worries.
8) In general if you can - save the applications (SISx files) you download/buy on the phone memory (especially ones that connect over the air) then that is the best thing to do (better energy management, speed etc). My phone came with over 14 Mbytes of memory so that's alot of space for applications. I like to keep the HDD for what it was optimized for - Music and Videos.
9) Be patient with Gallery when you have loaded up a bunch of new songs and videos. Unlike file manager the Gallery has to create some type of database the first time it opens after a big HDD update or phone memory reset. Its one thing about the N91 i must admit annoys me. File manager works great by the way.
10) Afraid about dropping it - There was a link to some site (see Nokis BLOG) that stated Nokia drops the N91 over 300 times on cement to test the HDD
11) SMS starting to get sluggish? - I found this in an N80 forum. Enter *#7370# (lock codee 12345) and this cleans up the phone memory BEFORE you do see step 6 above about backing up you phone and HDD memory
12) Remember its a S60 3rd edition phone so old .SIS files will not work. Make sure before you download/buy that not only is it compatible for S60 3rd edition but that verify it is made for the N91 as well just to be sure
13) "Out of Memory" - This happens sometimes on some web sites using that Internet Browser that comes with the phone. Its not the HDD but rather the RAM in the phone (cache). Make sure you have all applications closed (note "standby" and Music player cannot be closed) to free up memory. The Services (WAP) browser does not have this problem and I bought the Opera browser and it works great (installed on phone memory by the way).
That's about it. I fined none of these hinder my use - except perhaps 9, 13 and 11 a little bit.