nice review on iphone pappy,its really helps to who wanna know about this phone.In every aspect i think n91 is much better than iphone.Im very happy with my music blaster.N91 always rulzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
I have never used an iphone so i really do not have an opinion. I would say that from a technology perspective its approx 2+ years behind the N95 however from what i have seen from a UI persspective its ahead. Here is however what i saw on a discussion forum entitled the "40 reaons why i returned my iphone a day after i bought it":
1. closed system - no apps, no installing, you have a closed box.
2. no mms (no sending pictures or sounds) = no fun
3. proprietary sim chip (no swapping this puppy, etc.)
4. no 3G -- the iphone currently has the SAME speed as my current older phone (edge) What about the future?
5. touch screen texting - try sending someone a fast sms or "speedy" respond on this device
6. required 2-hand operation (i love the fact that i can operate my phone with ONE hand)
7. not expandable (no cards of any kind can be used to upgrade my storage space)
8. 2 megapixel phone (yikes -- is this 1990)?
9. no video recording (you read this right)
10.no GPS - my next phone will definitely have GPS built in
11. can't replace own battery - what were they thinking?
12. proprietary headphone jack - throw out your set baby, new'ns required!
13. no IM clients (can't do real-time messaging, like i do on my current phone)
14. special plan required to use phone (A T & T special plan)
15. must rely on iTunes to activate phone (all kinds of problems currently in activation)
16. if touchscreen cracks, no phone (phone is reliant on one screen for everything)
17. no insurance on screen breaking - if screen breaks, you have a paperweight
18. untested OS on a mobile device
19. phone call quality inherently bad (confirmed w/ users)
20. no TV out
21. most apps on iphone can be installed on the Symbian OS
22. CAN NOT use mp3(s) on your "music" phone as a RINGTONES!
23. for the price, you can get an 80gig ipod AND a 30gig ipod and still have $ left for a different phone
24. phone is incompatible with NON-protected files (non-iTunes)
25. camera: no white balance options, no true camera features
26. 2 year contract necessary, no subsidized cost = point?
27. not compatible with java (with so much on the web, what will this be like?)
28. not compatible with flash (with so much on the web, what will this be like?)
29. no music streaming
30. putting music onto iphone is more complicated vs.putting music onto ipod (creating playlists, etc.)
31. not stereo bluetooth compatible
32. no bluetooth file transfer
33. no voice dialing
34. no one-touch dialing
35. can't use iphone as a voice recorder
36. not blackberry compatible
37. no true push e-mail (yahoo email on iphone takes about 15min to be received)
38. NO voice over IP (no skype calls, no free calls over internet)
39. no video calling
40. two words: FACE GREASE
pappy, go to mobile-review forum, find the iphone versus n91 thread in genral discussion and help me to battle against mh.
N91 is a poor phone. Thats why most phone companies have withdrawn it.
Will some1 tell me where new Nokia Music phone is coming ? somebody posted that here....
any idea ? any comments ? is that better than N91 ? music is better than N91 ?
bcoz i want to buy N91 8GB... ! i dont care what people say bad about N91... phone rocks ! i m music lover !!!
so shuld i buy this phone ? or should i wait for new Music Phone... who better than N91 ????
The phone is good but the size is so increase and 2 megapixel is low but all of this it is nice due to megapixel
Thanks for the information pappy but I alread have been to 2 different nokia centers in NYC and nobody wants to help me out from nokia i was surprised they said that the phone is made in Honk Kong and i have to take it there so i assumed that i can take it in any repair shop?
To vanko: It sounds like the cable has become loose or disconnected between your display and the elecronics board. A poster about 6 months ago had the same issue. Take it to a centre and they can place it back on.
Mangesh: I wonder if you phone ROM is almost full. This sometimes has caused Nkia devices to behave weird. You will have to do the reset *#7370# (12345) and clear out the ROM
da phone is really amazing,, beautifull looking .. and he ve all da options u want:),,, wonderfull...super disign .. i like da phoone...
the sound is going weired when i am gonna play any song from the music liabrary and its same situation happens to mudia player,and yesterday when i trying to play a song all music files and data are gonna disapperead and phone shows the message ' harddisk corrupted'.after that i did a full format from tools,right now hdd works fine,but the phone given me same problem.
1.the backlight is going on after few intervel.
2.when i trying to play any song after some time the sound is going to mute automatically.it happens to both speaker and headset as well.same with media player.
3.after attend the call the earpiece volume is gonna mute,its very painful,i hardly listen the voice.
thats all.i really dont understand why its happen?.waiting for the suggestion pappy.thanks buddy.
Hi if anyone can help me out with my n91, i gotta problem I can make calls I can receive calls but my display it's not working it's blinking some lines shows up, it's not completely lost but I don't see anything from the menu and so on. Is it from the display or the software what should I do.Thx in advance!
can u plz tell me what are the disadvantages of n91 ???can i buy this fone without any fear of buying something wrong???and how much it cost in rupees (RS) (PAKISTANI CURRENCY) ...tell me ..m w8inG .or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi its been a while :). That sounds weird. Can you describe what happens. Is it while playing certain songs? Using the Media player or just the Music player or both. Is it with the headset etc...i hav not experienced the problem but maybe we can isolate it.
SOund slike you have old SW in your devices. Please see the following tips (which also says how to update)
19 tips: http://www.ohgizmo.com/2006/10/19/top-19-tips-to-get-the-most-from-your-nokia-n91
Nokia Tips Guide (just select the language to use)
If you concern about sound through speaker you will really disappoint because N91 speaker is very weak and even not compareble to 3250. but through better headset you will get extremely clearer,louder and sweeter sound.Infact right now no anyone music phone is standing near to N91.It delivered great sound quality.
Hi, I m planning to by N91 8GB music edition. I m concerned about the sound quality and speaker output. Is it better than 3250
Got this mobile 4 6 mnths.Battery is poor.I have to charge it daily,theres something wrong with software--i cant send texts,have to reboot it about 5 times a week.
hi,my n91 is not working properly,music player and video output sound is going to mute after several minutes.thats why i cant listen music.i m very concious about my phone,so its not mishadeled as well.any idea why this problem is ocuured?.thanks in advanced.waiting for reply.
No problem. Glad it worked. It sounds like some application misbehaved and kept some file open that the O/S wanted closed before it would let other applications get at the HDD. Thats why deleting the folders nuked the offending file.
Hello PAPPY,thanks a lot for ur help.my n91 hdd came back to life.followed ur advice about deleting the folders thru the file manager by using the option 'find text' and the problem was solved.now my ipod video 30gb have to go back into storage once again,had been gathering dust since i bought the n91 8gb.i think that says a lot about the music capabilities of the n91 which in my opinion has the best sound quality thru the headphone among music mobiles till date.once again PAPPY thank you.