I've had the phone for 2 weeks now. no hang ups so far. still shots are not even closer to samsung's d900 as this was my prev phone for abou a month and disposed it coz it's keypad showed early signs of wear n tear for only a months use. videos taken are abo average. size is big, but not bad if u have the tris, bis and forearms of john cena. but for ppl who go for quality shots, why not bring ur 12mp cam with u? these phones were added with cameras to have the chance of capturing moments which doesnt come everyday and not loosing the concept of portability. if ur on for a vacation, a real sony digicam would be best. but for daily unexpected shots, this would settle it. others say d900 or K800i is better then n93. i think no phone is perfect and there will never b one. so, why not buy the three. add it up to your phone collection. atleast you get to change phones daily like your collection of air maxes and shoxs'.having a good phone is not stat symbol or iconic i guess. no need to satisfy others by showing them what you got. but satisfying your self(wants) is priceless.got mine in ph for 35k w/ 1yr warranty. i suggest all those who want this phone to have it with warranty.enjoy ur n93's.
I undersatnd your dissapointment over its performance.
I wish to share my exp with it
1) After I upgraded the phone to new version
the optical zoom stopped.They replaced it after chasing them for a month
2) I also use a 2 GB memory card. It just works fine. I guess you need to format after you insert the card. Its safer
3) As far as Pictures are concerned SE takes a bit warm pictures and N-93 takes them on coolar side
4) As everyone admits the video qulaity is the best around
5) Talking of noisy pictures I suggest you restrict to orange zone of the bar then pictures would pass.
6) As far as messages are concerned i have yet to reach 500 in my In-box :D
7) Finally Nokia has yet to put the firmware upgradation software verion 11 on the net. The Nokia guy who called me advices me to go to Nokia care. He said Nokia will not be responsible if we upgrade the software from net. Says the site is not ready. I asked if the site is not ready why have thay not put a caution notice or why did they put them in 1st place
have this phone and its super great!!!!! tell the world how greatit is!
i lost this phone last weekend. where shud i go make a report about this... pls someone assist me.
I just want to make it brief and simple. I think you really just got the lemon unit. Im using N93 for the past 3 months and its really fast, it doesnt hang at all and the pictures taken are CLEAR! after taking a shot, the pic may look a little blurry but when you view it from the gallery, its SUPER CLEAR! for me, I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!! and I dont have a problem with it.. its so FAST....
Hi guys, i got this phone 2 months ago. Now I just sold it, and im quite happy i did. Guys, i have been getting nokia phones for almost 8 years now, unfornutately, i think nokia's customer satisfaction has greatly diminished. After getting this phone, i know I won't be buying n95 or any other symbian phones anymore, until I see nokia has gone back to designing phones that are usuable. Here are my experiences, hope this helps:
1. My n93 is the slowest phone ever. Takes a loooonnnggg time to load anything. I've goe to nokia care on a weekly basis havin the phones software firmware etc upgraded, still the phone is slow. Yes there was an improvement, but its still slow.
2. Camera is ridiculous. If u want this phone for the camera look somewhere else. Yes, its 3.2 megapixel, but i tell you, my 4 year old digi cam beats this phone hands down. Even the K750 beats this phone. The 3.2 pics are sooooo noisy and completely unusable. The video is good however, but both camera and video takes forever to load and sometimes will cause the phone to hang, worst you will need to hard reset (take the batteries off).
3. Yes, this phone has lots of software, but install a few, and your phone will take forever to load.
4. If you're the person who don't erase messages, you're in for a surprise. As this phone will give you tons of headache if your inbox and sent items goes over 500 messages.
If you guys think that I got the lemon, tthink again. Many of my friends had the same problem, which is why we all sold out n93's... worst, nokia care themselves admited that this phone has faulty design. They even adviced me to remove the memory card that I had to make the phone run faster. I told them why will I do that? With a camera phone? My goodness.
Yes nokia is a big company, and should start making good phones and better os. Their symbia os is the worst. Just look at the N80 or worst, the p990. My goodness.
Good luck people. I know there are many people who think this phone is great, just don't install programs or put lots of pics, and have lots of stuff in the inbox, and Don't get a 2GB min-sd (i did, and nokia care kept on tellin me thats the problem, as this phone could habdle such a big mem card, yet the spec says it can).
For all you people, think twice. I wrote this to warn, and as a wake up call to Nokia.
well, honestly i love tis phone so so much but too bad tis phone price currently at my country, Malaysia is very very expensive as for me as a University student, tis price is heavy for me. i so so wish to own it.
N93 is very great!!! It has a AV out where you will be able to place in your televeision the you can be able to watch your personal video in the television then taking pictures and vidoes but the screen is not in use anymore but in the television already!!! and 1 thing i love in N93 it has a optical zoom for better convinience in zooming!!
Jane, its 33K for Non-Warranty units and 34-36k for warranty units