I have a question:witch flash is better, on the nokia n95 or on the nokia n80?
thanks for the review, answered a few of my questions. I have ordered mine today, so I will leave my thoughts at a later date!
It is my best mobile I wish to have like this mobile but it is very expensive just Iwant ask a Question is this mobile it voice low ?? answer this Q to me plz .
n95 is a wonderful phone if u got da money its the best to buy .. hv a gr8 life wid n95 .. this fone will b one of those most wanted fones for many many years to come .. cheers
hi everyone, been using n95 for a week now and below are my thoughts.
people who are saying battery life ais poor are the peopl who use the phone 24 hours a day i think because i use mine quite frequently whilst at work and i get 1 1/2 days use out of it, im the type of person to cgharge the handset every night though so it dont affect me at all.
the camera is superb, you wont believe the quality, cant say anything bad, the flash could be improved but still aint that bad. the video recording is the best i have seen on any handset ever. i normally change from different makes eg sony ericsson nokia samsung etc but i do find this handset to be the best all round handset.
the speakers are great for playing your tunes without the headphones, the radio is great and crisp and clear.
the gps is a great feature of the handset but can use the battery life up quite alot so i would advise to pick up a spare battery of ebay.
the menu layout is great and features are very easy to access.
so all in all i am extremely impressed with the handset and would recommend to anyone thinking about purchasing it.
do ignore the pathetic people posting in her saying its crap, they just cant afford it and are pretty much jealous of every one who can.
take it easy people
u dudes just see what ur shown ull dont even know se announced 5 mp with dual xenon flash already models k850i its k series to rock everyone again this time in slide wow sony keep the good work goin
Right im just about to get this phone do you think it is worth getting or not, please can some one tell me the plus points and the bad points
i wanna buy N95 ...in romania costs 745 euro but i wanna know if the phone rocks or if it is a crap ...i use n80 now and it takes really good photos and it`s a verry stabil phone ...please give me a advice ...
nokia N95 is best mobile phone i have ever know,The future is so completely. The primary future is in camera which have 5 Mpx, its quality is most powerfull than other phone with same have camera 5 Mpx...thx for Nokia as Producer for being produce this phone...I hope In future nokia produce multimedia and enterprise in one device....
may i ask for few questions??
1. battery really tht worse?
2. n95 it`s very worse?i mean the function or others except batt..
3. n95 worth to buy or not because it is too expensive..i scared i ll buy a wrong hp tht i ever bought n i scared i ll regret too..do u think it ll regret if buy this phone?
4. E65 or N95 better?which one is worth to buy?
who are using N95 now can u pls share ur experience to me?i wish to get more information abt this phone..is it worth to buy?
Just bought my Nokia N95, complicated Menu, battery lifespan sucks as hell. But overall, its a pretty cool phone.
The phone is great but if they added two things, it wudve smashed the market. There is such a grt camera but useless flash and secondly I expect a phone with such capabailities to have a touchscreen facility. Without it this phone is lame. The internet browsing is so boring without it
Cybershot is still better but only for poor people who cant afford Nokia N95
After reading all the comments, i believe there is alot of confusion over GPS and related issues. let me try to clear this up best that i can.
There are 4 parts that contribute to this confusion.
3) Route planning (with simulated turn by turn navigation)
4) Real time turn by turn navigation with voice instruction
keep those 4 components in mind while i explain further.
1) GPS - GPS is a system where the receiver (in this case the N95) seeks a signal from satellites in space to determine a fairly exact location on earth.
- the N95 has REAL Gps. you do not need a network to use gps. you can even take out the sim card. You just need a clear view of the sky.
- there are no network charges to use GPS to tell your location. (No need to pay anything at all to Orange, O2, or even Nokia)
- you don't even need to download any maps to use GPS. under 'tools', you can use 'GPS data'. However, this will give you your position in latitude and longtitude - so for the normal person, this is not so useful
2) Maps - Although GPS works without a map, unless you are an army ranger, the rest of us will prefer to use a map to get around.
'Nokia maps' is the map reading software installed on the N95 - this is an application, and not a map. You still need the actual country map data, and Nokia provides FREE maps of 100+ countries. (this application & the maps are from 'smart2go' which is owned by nokia)
There are 2 common ways to download the country maps.
i) through your cell phone by wifi or GPRS - as the average map is 10mb or more, although the map is FREE. your network provider will charge you data charges to download.
ii) use your PC - you can connect your N95 or the SD card to the PC, and download the country map data directly from the 'smart2go' website. in this case, the maps are FREE, and the download is FREE.
Once you have the correct map on your phone, once you click on 'maps' - the GPS receiver on the N95 will tell you your location on the map. This process is FREE
3) Route planning - Route planning is FREE. Once you have the country map on your phone, you just enter a start address & the destination address, and the phone will calculate the shortest route between the 2 points.
- you can view the suggested route as a line drawn on the map. or you can simulate the route. the phone will pretend you are driving along the route and show you each turn.
- IMPORTANT: this is where the confusion starts. You DO NOT need GPS to use the maps, or to use route planning!
i have downloaded the map software & the country map to my N73, and it works.
it will basically work as a paper street directory guide. (e.g. you can find where a street is, and where a certain school is..)
and as long as you enter a start point & end point, the phone (e.g. N73) will plan the route for you.
the difference is, as you travel along the route, without GPS you will not know where you are along that route. (you could check street names and do it manually like a paper map of course)
4) Real time turn by turn with voice - This is where Nokia makes money from you. This feature is NOT free.
- Real time turn by turn means as you drive along the planned route (see part 3), the phone will annouce to you "turn left 400m ahead" at the relevant turns.
if you are happy to keep looking at the phone while driving, then you will not need this feature. but my experience is, if you are driving alone, this is a very important feature to prevent you from crashing your car into the back of a truck!
- you WILL need GPS to use this feature. so the N95 can do this. (if you have a N73, you would need a bluetooth GPS receiver to use this function)
i hope this goes some way in clearing all the confusion
*for asian owners, there is another free map software called 'asia maps' that comes with the phone. this is by Agis and is not related to Nokia maps/Smart2go
N95 will be my next handphone. I would like to know how this device's battery performs. It seems its battery volumn is quite simular to E60 ( Li-Ion 970 mAh (BL-5C)and Li-Ion 950 mAh (BL-5F)). Every thing for the E60 is good but the battery is so disappointing that does not last for a full day. I have read that the N95 specs are far better and higher than the E60, so I am worrying that the battery performs even worse.
hey i was wondering if someone can tell me if the camera on the back does have a flash incase you would like to take pics at night time? i was reading a post on here awhile back ago b4 the phone came out and some1 was saying that it does not have a flash at all so the pics at nght dont come out? is this true. completely lost david. thanks!
Just brought this phoen 3 days back in kolkata, India..Its one of those 1st pieces launched in india..First impression phone is perfect from all sides.stable till now however some basic faults..when u close the flap the call doesnt disconnect..seems like 1 or 2 updates from nokia and this phone is going to rock..the speakers are very good..camera is decent although could be better...sms very slow however i guess some patch would soon come like it is for all the nokia;s..My saying buy it today