Nokia N95 City (Europe)Worth: $550/=
When: December 2006 Arrivel Soon??
This phone can still be perfect.. "IF" Nokia decides to make it a 3mp instead of 5mp. and they remove the GPS features because it will unnessarly cause glitches. This will increase batt life too. and it wont be as stressed.. which will make it faster! Because with so many features it has to be slow!
Now what was the need for a GPS navigation? Extremely stupid!! I mean we all can do without it .. They should make sure that all the N-series phones work perfect with limited features 1st! Instead of cramming features which are not needed.
Good is good. but there is something that are lag off.
1. I prefer the phone to have MMC and SD slot as well. Bcoz I have one MMC card and this phone doesn't support it. So, quite dissapointing.
2. I'm not sure wether this phone can compose ringing tone. If can than good lah.
3. This phone can only support up to HSDPA (3.5G). I prefer to wait a few more launches until a new technology has release and become common i.e. HSUPA (3.75G)
4. As for the camera, I prefer to have various shooting modes like Outdoor cloudy, night, day,scene for flower, forest, monochrome colour, negative film colour etc rather than basic functions like red eye, flash etc. Unlike a Taiwanese phone, XCute DV2, that phone have 22 shooting modes while this phone, I dun think it has one. Also, it's only an autofocus. I prefer to to have an option to purchase some optical lense to manually shot some photos that are more accurate.
5. The screen colour is 16 million. But this phone has only 1 display. Some Nokia 9 series like 9210 for instance have a second screen for display. If I'm the manufacturer, I will construct 3 display interfaces and the third will be mono screen. Love to appreciate the legacy of mono screen. This phone doesn't have QWERTY keyboard. Should have lah so that the users can type in a convinience manner.
6. If you can recall back some phones that are design to 'build tough' like the Nokia 5140, I really hope one day, Nokia is going to construct one. What if you drop the phone then how? If you travel to the dessert, the sand will enter the phone and it will damage, so to me, This feature is quite essantial. Should also have termometer and compass.
7. I remember one of my friend who got the Nokia 3100, that phone can glow in the dark. However, I dun think this phone has it.
So, I would like to conclude that this phone is a good phone but it doesn't meet my satisfaction until all the criteria as I've listed above are met and hence, I shall wait.
i got a nokia n80 which i got one month back and its The one of the best phones in the market with a sleek look
comparing it with n95, is impossible, its upgraded features are 5Mp camera(untested:results can defer)
having GPS: added advantage
and whopping 160mb Memory capacity
Overall n80 is a good phone for now, so is n73, it would take atleast another 6-8 months for this phone to release so be happy with your n93/73/80
n95 looks like the screen implimented by the n73, and the slider control implemented by the n80, overall i wouldnt consider it as a n80 upgrade
ok fair enough it has cool features, the modern technology. Obviously they are aiming to get people to use their cameras instead of digital cameras and thats why they have put a 5mp camera, BUT why not put any optical zoom which kind of makes this just another gimmick i meen ok u hav ppl puttin in 3mp cameras makes sense, but unles u improve FULLy and not improve little aspects there is no sense. 160mb will get eaten up by 5mp photos and you cannot save directly onto a 2gb memory card apprently according to nokia helpline.. if thats true that is pointless totally pointless. Another thing Nokia really have to learn to CUT DOWN in size, theyre fones are huuuge and n series has always had problems, compared to my sony dsc t30 DIGITAL CAMERA this PHONE looks huge which should be the other way around since they are trying to portray their phone as a subsititute for a camera.
One day we will see phones taking over cameras but in the next few years to get them with optical zoom , digital, and size and slimness all in one with the looks is a hard task, but in my personal opinion i think samsung will do it first simply because thyre desigining is killers, mad features in a compact phone so.... think about it. hpe thats been a bit helpful to you
look nice- Let's hope that the slide mechanism will not be like the one fron 6280, the soft will be not like the one in N80 or N70, and the hardest one : GPS without touchscreen, only Nokia could do it.
The last real phone was 6310i. To bad becaus e they have nice ideas but detailes are...
I really like Nokia phones...
I never thought that other brands was getting the Nokia's top place in market...
This market updates, like 3 RAZR phones in the same day...
Or "ultra edition" samsung's...
And K-series and W-series SE's...
They NEVER beat nokia N-series, E-series and other phones, like 3250, 6131, 6280...
To every phone that other brands show, Nokia ALWAYS had one better phone...
And they still say that the Nokia company in Helsinki, it's scared??
what the hell was it? I will assume that other brands have great phones, i had a K750 and a Motorola V635... Liked both, nice phones...
But, now i have a brand-new N80, and i want to sell it before i sell my old 3250... need money to buy N95 =)
What can I say to Motorola fans, Sony Ericsson fans, Samsung fans...
There is no brand better than nokia...
I'm 23 and i'm a Telecommunication Engineer... I'm about to get a job in Nokia, but now i'm working for TIM as engineer...
Hope they give me a N95 for free =)
Regards for you all, and i'm sorry, but is the true fact.
nokia must have to provide better screen resolution and touchscreen for this multimedia computer
the video ringtones features were copied by sony ericsson... it was first introduced with the S40 v3. sony ericsson copied since the feature it was implement after the w600i. that doesn't have it, and the s40 v3 was already introduced.
you all fans of brands, still can't accept that nokia its taking it king position for 2 years now.
sony ericsson, samsung (that was loosing market share), and motorola (that have NOTHING to compete in a single feature) should be the ones scared now.
I have a Nokia N93 and like it, but I will buy a Nokia N95 as soon as it is released in Romania...
Nice phone!!! And believe me, microSD is the future, when it was first introduced they had only 1GB, I bet by the time this phone is out there will be 2GB memory sticks.And c'mon you always need more and more memory, about that SE engineer guy, to make those kinda statements you gotta be also Nokia engineer, blah! Dont forget that this is a SMART phone also, I cant go back to normal phone after having N80...and no, Im not biased, I only bow to the BEST, and so far thats Nokia :P
i think that n95 is the best phone in the world right now.i hope that sony ericsson will make a better phone because nokia is so boring.SE is the best wherewer n95 is is the best write now.
I used to like/support small cellphone manufacturing companies. (SE and Sharp) I still think, Sharp build the best camera phone. But after Nokia announced the N95, I will go with the biggest gun in cellphone and camera manufacture. If Nokia goes on like this - next year, they will also be the biggest handy-cam manufacturer/seller ! ! ! WELL DONE :-)
this phone got awesome features.... Eventhought its upto 2GB, it rocks... It got good design and features. And 5MP camera.!! ;-O
Isn't 1X optical zoom the size of the original pic? something times 1 remained as the same size, unless times more than 1 then the image is enlarged. does anyone think likewise?
Our friend here, JH, also replied saying “Yes i think 1 x optical Zoom is nothing..”
so what what is happening here? 1X optical simply means the original size right? Anyone here pls give their comments if u technically inclined.