Right is a proper not bitchy review about the n95 8gb..
right .. i recived this phone as a replacement for my n95-1 (classic) as nokia had lost it in transit so i thought oh great and can get my grubby mitts on a brand new n95 8gb..
first impressions very nice in the sleek black the keypade seems alot nicer and the keypad has white leds instead of blue which makes it easier for me to text. the main buttons have shrunk in size which i thought would be a problem but obviously no really as ive had the phone for around 5 months now and i aint complaining .
feature wise basically the same as the old n95... S60 FP1 ..
tweaks on looks and misc. tweaks . nokia have made the buttons for the media player slightly raised which i quite like!..
the inbuilt hard drive is another nice addition which 8gb of space which is enough for around 2000 songs.. but no memory card slot is a shame... no camera lens is also annoying as the lens can get smudged easily from greasy fingers!... so can the screen but the screen on the n95 8gb is bigger and better protected as the n95-1 (classic) screen could get easily damaged from careless owners!!..
now battery life is much better on this n95 8gb due to the battery change.. i can go usually around 3 days without a charge!.. which is very good considering i use wifi , music player etc...
conclusion... i give the n95 8gb 4.5 out of 5
things that stop me from giving full whack are..
headphone jack is in awkward place
no cam lens
no sd slot
I had an N95 classic and it was brlliant. It was replaced with an N95 8GB when the N95 classic got damaged
The software is nowhere near as good as the classic. Battery life is poor too, so I am disapointed. Another problem is every time I use the N95 8GB's Gallery feature to view images it hangs solid.
I have checked the software with Nokia Software Update utility and it is 100% up to date.
Sadly this does not compare to the N95 classic. This is my last ever Nokia. When the contract renewal comnes around I m going to look for another brand.
I forgot something important about camera:
- at the beginning make very good pictures but because the lents don't have cover what it was put it on the surface of the lents now it is remove and the quality of pictures is very bad (who use the telephone put their finger on the lents and that cause that the surface lents to be "scratch").
I have this telephone for aprox 1 year. I am not satisfy it because:
- internal application for GPS navigation doesn't properly work (I have to use Garmin application for GPS navigation);
- I have to aspect 15 min to star GPS receiver when I want to use navigation;
- many several times telephone stop to work and I have to take out the battery to use the telephone;
- when I use the audio player applications and I want to delete some melodies start to function like in slow motion and some times its stop to function.
So from this reasons and from other I consider that this device is hasn't deserve him price (to expensive for non quality product).
i got a question for all you fine gentlemen here
when i turn on video recording after a few seconds it freezes and continues then again freezes and continues...every few sec it happens....all the way..is it just my device or....?thnx
yes the picture of this Nokia N95 8 GB rotates automatically like i-phone when you turn it!!
good phone!! the battery not very good,but better that n95 battery,nice display,very good sound,no docs editor,good camera,bad slide,not very fast! n93 in faster, but for now is the best excluding n96 and omnia because is too expensive
Hi evry Body..
Please any one tell me that the picture of this Nokia N95 8 GB rotates automatically like i-phone??
I shall be thankful.....
what does accelrometer means???
Sometimes when in a call, the person im talking to can't hear me talk and thinks im not there..is this a fault with my 95 8gb? Anyone else experienced this??
Azed, 29 Oct 2008What is the durability of the battery for Nokia N95 8GB??????????? ThanksThe Standart Battery is pretty durable on "action" it works about 2-3 Days. For the smartphone this is good
So if this phone doesnt have a card slot... how do you transfer pics from it to your computer easily, without sending them in a MMS 1 by 1.
just bought a stereo bluetooth headset model SE HBH-DS220. works fine with N81 8gb n SE k610i, when i connect it wiz my N95 8gb the sound skips for 1sec or more so i updated my phone to the latest firmware V30.0.018, but still sound skips. Anyone can help me plzz.
Anonymous, 28 Oct 2008Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 vs Nokia N96 vs Nokia N85 : Hardware Performance CPU Platform : - ... moreThis is buy far the best Musti media Device in the market.....the only thing the i8510 has ova this is the 8mpx......this Device is the ultim8...my friend has 1 so dose my mom.... i almost got 1 ...but 8GB is2 little 4me..coz im a Movie and music lover...so my alternative was the N96...so im geting 1 this month
trully amazing....well- iphone got a better screen,but there is some kind of magic around that nokia
its not the best one out there,but i love it...
hope that the new 5800 will beat the iphone..its about time now....don't u think felas
best design from nokia so far-glad to have it
Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 vs Nokia N96 vs Nokia N85 : Hardware Performance
CPU Platform :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : TI OMAP 2430 450MHz, 128MB RAM
- Nokia N96 : STMicroelectronics Nomadics STn8815 264MHz, 128MB RAM
- Nokia N85 : FreeScale I.MX31 369MHz, 128MB RAM
Jbenchmark 1.0.1 Total Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 4997
- Nokia N96 : 2796
- Nokia N85 : 3232
Jbenchmark 2.0.1 Total Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 532
- Nokia N96 : 358
- Nokia N85 : 548
Jbenchmark 3D HQ Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 873
- Nokia N96 : 155
- Nokia N85 : 195
Jbenchmark 3D LQ Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 979
- Nokia N96 : 283
- Nokia N85 : 380
Jbenchmark HD Gaming Score :
- Samsung GT-i8510 : 956 (29.0 fps)
- Nokia N96 : 127 (4.2 fps)
- Nokia N85 : 166 (5.5 fps)
TI OMAP 2430 model are the 2nd generation of TI OMAP chips, 2420, powers multiple hi-end Nokia smartphones(N93, N95, E90, N82) and has in fact an integrated 3D accelerator.
The improvement from 2420 also extremely numerous. The CPU frequency has been pulled up to 450MHz from previous value of 330MHz. The chipset can work with high definition camera(> 5 MP) and it take less than a second to take shot. The rest important point about 2430 hardware are an upgrade TWL4030 module (TWL 92230 was used in 2420). TWL4030 is multifunctional solution providing access to numerous codecs, dedicated audio processing module, noise filters, and so on.
Samsung i8510 is the first Samsung smartphone to fully utilize the potential of the hardware graphics accelerator. It is an absolute requirement for processing 8 megapixel images, real-time VGA video decoding with separate audio signal processing(done by dedicated DSP, excluding the possibility of using the music player and camera at the same time). The graphic accelerator can now handle twice as few polygons per second, commonly used to power the best gaming phone.
Nokia N85 utilizes the same hardware as N78, N81, and N79. Freescale is cheaper solution for the most expensive TI OMAP 2430. The lack of 3D accelerator is blatant in the Jbenchmark 3D test. N85 lags behind in other test as well. Despite the lags seen in the test, N85 audio quality is the same with N96, a bit above than N78, but a bit below than Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8.
- Samsung i8510 : Standard, Li-Ion 1200 mAh, Stand-by Up to 310 h, Talk time Up to 8 h 30 min
- Nokia N96 : Standard, Li-Ion 950 mAh, Stand-by Up to 220 h, Talk time Up to 3 h 40 min !!!!!!!!
- Nokia N85 : Standard, Li-Ion 1200 mAh, Stand-by Up to 360 h, Talk time Up to 6 h 50 min
- Samsung i8510 : 8 MP, Video VGA@30fps, QVGA@120fps
- Nokia N96 : 5 MP , Video VGA@30fps
- Nokia N85 : 5 MP, Video VGA@30fps
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 has faster hardware performance, the best camera, excellent sound - DNSe 2.0 (Digital Natural Sound engine), excellent build quality, good battery, good price etc. while Nokia N96 is the slowest most expensive and with just 950 mah battery.
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 fully utilize the potential of the 3D graphic accelerator. It is an absolute requirement for processing the camera, video recording, decoding and playback. Nokia N85 and N96 can't handle this perfectly because the lack of graphic accelerator.
- Samsung GT-i8510 INNOV8 is the best gaming phone today. U can enjoy your 3D or HD games running perfectly in 29 fps, while Nokia N85 and N96 only can run below 10 fps. Thank's to dedicated hardware graphic accelerator.