to increase the battery life do following and i did as told my Nokia and battery drain after 3 days
first go to settings than display than lower the light sensor
dont open the rotatme because it drain all the battery life
Hi there! Any news about the nGage application release? I know December isn't over yet but i am really waiting for this one...
As of todate, the only available Yahoo Mobile Messenger supports Blackberry Smartphone. See here http://mobile.yahoo.com/messenger;_ylt=Ahwku.STBRBaT1RNO20a6jTntAcJ .
Mate, as far as I know, there's still no available Stand alone Yahoo Messenger for N95-2. But we can use multi-chat IM like Fring http://www.fring.com/ or Agile messenger http://www.agilemobile.com/ . These two applications works like Trillian in our desktop computer!
hey guys... can u help me? i want to buy this unit.. can i install the yahoo messenger in this unit.. help me please...
Also, I have sent you the Google Maps application! You're Welcome buddy! Keep in touch! Have a nice day! :-)
Thanks! I guess i'll try re-installing it from another source. The Phone is an absolute gem though.... :-)
Mate, I used Google Map frequently but never encountered Freezing or Hanging! I just hope things will get back to normal as you reset your system! Just make sure you got your Google Maps application from reliable source!
Mate, thanks for the info. Yes, you're right. By setting your Network either to GSM or UMTS (3G) only and NOT Dual saves battery life longer! Hence, Dual mode searches for available signal in the area...switching 3G to GSM and vice versa!
Hi I have a Nokia N95 8GB. This is the IMEI No. 359542010496139. I want the Rotate Me application - latest version. Can someone please send it to me on firstname.lastname@example.org
HELP NEEDED - I installed Google Maps for Nokia n95 on my new Nokia N95 8GB. It worked fine initially...but now, after a while, the phone hangs while starting Google Maps and has to be restarted by removing the battery....Any ideas guys??
Hi. Those who are having issues with the battery life of Nokia N95 8GB can try this. Go to Settings - Phone - Network. Under 'Network Mode' select 'GSM' if it is already not selected. For some reason, the battery life improves after this.
To All NokiaMates,
PLEASE READ: This is very important for those who would like to Sign their symbian applications.
Open Signed — Online
Open Signed Online coming soon in Q1 2008
Open Signed makes it easy for developers to sign applications for limited deployment to
known devices, either for testing or for personal use. Open Signed applications are signed against a Developer Certificate, and application deployment is restricted by device IMEI.
Using the Open Signed online signing option, no Publisher ID is required. Developer Certificate signing is performed via the portal, on behalf of the developer,providing a rapid, free option for one-off signing of applications for use on a single device, restricted by IMEI.
In many circumstances Open Signed meets the needs of freeware, open source, and personal
use developers, as well as of those experimenting with Symbian OS or the signing process. It is also useful to developers working on unsupported host development platforms (for example Linux or Mac OS X) who have problems running the tools required for other signing options.
The main features of this signing option are:
• the process is online
• no Publisher ID is required
• no Symbian Signed account is required
• no tool downloads are required, so it is platform independent
• all user and most system capabilities may be requested (excludes the Restricted System
Capabilities CommDD, DiskAdmin, NetworkControl, MultimediaDD and Device
• applications are restricted to one device, specified by IMEI
• there is no cost to developers.
How to Sign Applications Using Open Signed — Online Without a Publisher ID
This signing option requires no Symbian Signed account, no tools download, and no Publisher ID. You will need to supply a valid email address as part of the submission process. Signed applications will be stored by the portal for 30 days from completion of signing.
Step 1: Go to the Symbian Signed public website and access the service
The information you provide will be encoded into a Developer Certificate which the portal will
generate and use to sign your application. You will not be able to download the Developer Certificate.
1. Go to www.symbiansigned.com and click on the Symbian Signed Overview tab.
2. From the Welcome page click on the Open Signed Online link to go to the online
3. Enter the requested information in the online form, including device IMEI and your name or username if you have one.
4. Select the capabilities required by your application.
5. On your local machine, navigate to the SIS file of the application you are submitting for signing.
6. Enter the security code displayed and prompted for.
7. Click to view the legal agreement.
8. Click on Close after you have read the legal agreement.
Step 2: Supply a valid email address
You will need to supply a valid email address, to which a link to your signed application will be sent when signing is complete.
1. Enter a valid email address.
2. Click on the Submit button to complete the process.
Step 3: Confirm your email address
An email will be sent to you containing a link to confirm your email address. Click the
link to confirm.
Step 4: Access your email account to download your signed application
An email will be sent to you containing a link to your Developer Certificate signed
application SIS file. Click the link to download your application.
Restrictions and Limits
• This signing option is not to be used for any form of commercial distribution of applications.
• If UIDs from the protected range are used, they must have been allocated to the submitter.
• UIDs outside the protected range may be used.
• No Publisher ID is required so there is no validation of developer identity, except for a confirmation that the email address supplied is live at the time of certificate issue. Therefore, end users may be presented with an install time warning and prompted to complete installation.
• Applications are restricted by device IMEI to one device.
• No access to Restricted System Capabilities or Device Manufacturer Capabilities.
• Applications are signed with a Developer Certificate against the Symbian A Root certificate.
• Signed applications are valid for 36 months from the date of signing.
❏ Requires a valid email account.
❏ Developers must list the Capabilities required by the application as part of the online
process, and accept an online legal agreement.
❏ Device IMEI must be known.
Buddy, pls check your email now for Opera 8.65...happy surfing! LOL!
Buddy thank you so much for the compliments! I just hope you'll get your baby by the end of this year!..this going to be a BIG BOOM for you! hahaha! Keep in touch mate!
Mate, Chinese language should be supported by this unit! Just recently, I found out that Phone language will depend on the SIM card. Buddy, let's see if this configuration will work in your unit...go to your Menu/Tools/Settings/General/Personalisation/Language...from here set your Phone language to AUTOMATIC and Writing language to your preference! Good Luck!