THEMAN, 15 Jun 2008whats the diference between...N95 8gb..and.n95 with a memory card 8 gb:|...its the same thing.... moreIts almost the same thing. N95 8gb has a bigger screen. For me its nonsense to buy a N95 8gb if u have a N95 silver edition
whats the diference between...N95 8gb..and.n95 with a memory card 8 gb:|...its the same thing...if n95 8gb have been a card slot...it wasn't the same thing
I love Nokia phones and Im also a macintosh addicted. I like the Iphone 3G but Nokia N96 is MUCH better! No doubts! I would get an Iphone cause its going to be so cheap and its going to be released here in Portugal in the same operator that I already have an account so its easier for me. I wouldnt do a new contract on a new operator. If the Iphone 3G come out with the same price of the first generation Iphone I wouldnt buy it.
I used to have a N95 but I lost on a trip to the USA but if I still had it I wouldnt buy the N96 casue I dont see big differences between them but now that I dont have a high end cellphone Im waiting for the N96 release. Carphone warehouse had a realease date for July 31st but few days ago they changed to October!!! I hope thats not true!
I got this from wikipedia and I though would be nice to share.
Major differences between N95 and N96
* 16GB of integrated memory (as opposed to 8GB for N95 8GB), plus further extensibility via microSD memory card
* 2.8 inch display with 16 million colours (same as N95 8GB, versus 2.6" display for original N95)
* USB speed changed from USB 2.0 full speed to high-speed (more than 5x faster)
* Camera flash is a dual-LED in the N96 while it is only a single LED in the N95
* New audio DSP for improved audio quality and longer playback time
* New version of Nokia Video Centre
* Longer music playback time (14 hrs) and video playback time (5 hrs)
* Windows Media WMV9 video codec is added
* Hardware acceleration for video codecs for H.264 and WMV (as well as MPEG4 as before)
* Location tagging (geotagging) of pictures, using the integrated GPS
* Mobile TV DVB-H receiver is built into N96
* New release of Nokia Experience Software
o Maps 2.0 with satellite images, upgrade to pedestrian mode and voice-guided car navigation
o Internet Radio pre-installed
o Home Media Solution (sync with CMLA / UPnP devices over WLAN)
o Online sharing of pictures with plugins for Flickr, Ovi Share and other services (Can be added on N95 with newer version of Share Online Application)
* S60 3rd Edition is upgraded from Feature Pack 1 to Feature Pack 2
o Symbian OS is upgraded from version 9.2 to 9.3
o The J2ME engine is upgraded from MIDP 2.0 to MIDP 2.1
o User data is preserved when upgrading firmware (This feature is also present on the N95-2 as v21 installs UDP base files)
* The FM radio is upgraded with RDS
* Limited graphics acceleration (only for internal apps)
* N96 is a dual-band HSDPA (900 and 2100 MHz) while N95 was a single band (2100)
* MicroSD memory card slot (as in original N95, while N95 8GB has no card slot)
* Same battery as original N95 (950 mAh), but the N96 has a much better battery life.
* No need to open the slide for optimal GPS reception
* Naviwheel (rocker has touch sensitive mode to scroll through music collection etc)
* New design
o Landscape-oriented design (landscape oriented speakers, connectors and buttons located optimally for landscape use)
o Flip-out kickstand
o Media keys available in all modes (even when slide is closed, for background control of music)
o Media keys on short side can transform into gaming keys
o Lockswitch (enables quick lock / unlock of keypad)
o Thinner and lighter than N95 8GB
* No infra-red port on N96
Max User Storage: 16 GB
NAND Memory: 256 MB
SDRAM Memory: 128 MB
Memory Card: Micro SD
Max Memory Card Size: 8 GB
Memory Card Feature: Hot Swap
Actually, my mistake, it HAS been reveiled. 8GB is max it will support. But meh, I'm not going to complain, 24GB will serve me well for a looooonnng time.
iGsm, 14 Jun 2008..well, i cant find any differnce from n95.
1.The dvbh is useless in most countries, plus you... moredude i don't know where you got the N95 with 8gb + 8gb SD card thing but that doesn't exist lol. do your research.
The original N95 has an expansion slot but that only has a small 160MB internal memory with an SD card reader that can read up to 8GB.
The N95 8GB only has 8GB and NO expansion slot. Why nokia removed it is beyond me. Stupid move nokia..STUPID. But it looks like they might redeem themselves this time with the N96 serving up to 16GB internal memory PLUS SD Card reader. The maximum capacity supported is not yet known but it could very well be at least another 16GB.
iGsm, 14 Jun 2008..well, i cant find any differnce from n95. 1.The dvbh is useless in most countries, plus you... moreogm since when the n95 has internal 8gb?? O_o you meant the n95 8gb version but then since when the n95 8gb has a expansion slot?? thats not even possible, yeah you will reach 16gb with the original n95 and a 16gb microsd card but the even that the n96 you can reach futher with his internal 16 gb, and a 8 or 16gb microsd card thats one diference the others can be a updated os an gui, geotagging, and a improve landscape mode, ahh yeah 2 led flash well then i hope you can se the diferences c ya
is the dual cup at 264*2 the same as the on in N95 and N95 8gb?
..well, i cant find any differnce from n95.
1.The dvbh is useless in most countries, plus you have to pay extra monthly to have this feauture
2. 16 gigs of internal memory is not a big deal since n95 can have up to 16 gigs too(internal 8 plus 8+ with microsd)
...so what is new anyway with n96? .....and why shoul i buy a copy of n95 giving double money??
Its obvious that nokia didnt make anything new for the last 9 months!!(
browes this address:
CPU Type: ARM 9
CPU Clock Rate: 264 MHz
it is unbelieveable.
I should recieve my Cect N96 this week i hope an see how the buttons an functions are on this mobile,i have seen some photos of it an it looks identical to the original N96 but can"t wait to see an use it myself,got the Carphone Warehouse selling magazine an now they say the N96 should be available about August but on there website is says October,but with Sony Ericcson announcing a 8 mega-pixel camera mobile i am sure Nokia will have something ready to challenge this mobile as the xmas or 2009 mobiles will be announced soon as well
t, 14 Jun 2008what is fm radio with rdsYou know how if you're listening to a song on the radio and you don't know who sings it? Or what the song name is? or What station you're listening to? well with RDS that is no more. It encodes digital data along which tells you all that information :D
However, it is only supported by Europe and America. If you're in any other part of the world you won't get that info.
well........its superb ph....wth amazing facilites......................
thanx 2 nokia.........
Nokia must put a XENON flash on this phone, SonyEricsson and Samsung have it on their phones, Motorola will have it.....Nokia what are you waiting for?????????
And what is with 950 mAh Battery ???? A 1200 maH wil be a good one.
Waiting the phone to buy it.
Lol... well we know it has at least one buyer.
I can only hope this is better than the N95 models, about 10% of which came back early life failure to our shops within a month. Nokia is getting slack, methinks...