Rands, 11 Nov 2009Some questions for N97 users please :
1. How long does the battery last with 'average' use ... moreI'm afraid I can't answer all your questions through personal experience, but can answer a couple.
1. I am pretty much on the phone every waking moment, so I have to charge it daily. I'm on the internet a lot, and play lots of music. For what you described as "average use" in your post, I think you might be able to get away without charging for 2 days.
2. Themes - you uninstall themes by going to settings> application manager> installed apps then look for the theme you want to uninstall, then options and delete. Simply enough I think.
3. I don't geotag so can't comment on that. But yes, there is a well known issue with the gps, but nokia has acknowledged this and their newer handsets supposedly do not have this problem. If you were to get one today, the gps should be ok.
4. No car cradle, no car charger in the box.
great phone even if it is slow but can someone on this forum help me with how the f#@k do you move your original phone apps and stf to the mass memory please help?????
I planning to have this phone, but i heard some not nice things about it. Is it true it's not quick enough and u must restart offen? I hate to restart. And is the battery not enough for it? They says it can't finish the day if you use it offen. I want not to believe this, but if it's true...
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2009I have a N97 since 3 months, it is literally useless, no SIP internet call which I had in my o... morewith version 20 you can Now Add SIP Internet Call To It! Yes Speaker Volume Is Weak Compared To n95!Wonder If It Is the software or hardware issue? Thank
I have a N97 since 3 months, it is literally useless, no SIP internet call which I had in my old N95. Speaker music volume is very low compared to N95. Only net browsing & screen is better otherwise N95 is better.
Rands, 11 Nov 2009Some questions for N97 users please : 1. How long does the battery last with 'average' use ... more2. If you saved the themes in your memory card, then you have to reset the phone. It's advisable to store the themes in phone memory instead so you can delete it. That was my problem also with my N82 until I found out about it from a forum.
Majid, 11 Nov 2009Go for N97,but make sure to get an original one and test it fully before you buy it.Ya finaly I decided to go with n97..w995 z a gud fone as well but unfortunately it lacks a good browser ..(though it is faster)...yah.. :) can these experets tell me how can we identify an original handset?? Is there a way to identify it by IMEI CODE?? tell me all the possible ways to identify wether the handset is original or not?? Thanx in advance...posihdbxm
i wanted to know about touch screen quality and life of n97 and found few posts comparing profitability of apple and nokia - is it a serious feature to compare before buying? - is mobile fone a financial product? No offence.
Is there any other reason y i shud consider i-fones over nokia?
Are i fones better in quality and reliability? Or any other
Some questions for N97 users please :
1. How long does the battery last with 'average' use : few short calls, 1 hour on teh browser & a few photos?
2. Can themes be UNINSTALLED easily ? I had a N73 & couldnt uninstall themes.
3. how effective is the Geo-tagging feature. If there is a problem with the GPS as reported in other posts, then this must effect how often the photos get tagged as well? - this is an important feature for me (Geotagging)
4. Is there a car cradle in the box to mount the handset on your windscreen ( like a Garmin )?
V, 11 Nov 2009Anyone knows if the sliding and supporting structure of N97 will malfunction or stop working a... moreI dont see why it would... The sliding mechanism is pretty sturdy, and unless you mistreat the phone then it should be fine. I've had mine since july and have no problems, and have even dropped the phone once or twice from a height of abt half a metre. Of course we'll have to wait and see how it fares after a couple of years' use...but by then im sure most people would have new phones anyway...
Anyone knows if the sliding and supporting structure of N97 will malfunction or stop working after a prolonged use?
hmmp, 09 Nov 2009personaly i dont lyk the i~phn...hehe..hmm ya i guess n97 is the only phone i can buy..Thought... moreGo for N97,but make sure to get an original one and test it fully before you buy it.
Anonymous, 10 Nov 2009Telephony Online reports on data from research firm Strategy Analytics that places Apple as th... moreI'm surprised Nokia was only 500m behind Apple's profit considering the internet is so rife with dissatisfied customers (particularly N97 buyers). A company like Nokia, which has been the market leader for about two decades, doesn't just go crashing down overnight. They're not the number one mobile phone company in the world for nothing. I do agree with the poster who said that apps are the way of the future, and this is one key area that Nokia really need to work on - the Ovi store is years behind the App store, and many of the apps are just too expensive!
Pocket-lint reports that UK wireless provider Orange is claiming that it has sold over 30,000 iPhones as of 4:00 p.m. on launch day for the carrier, reportedly smashing records for one-day mobile phone sales. The news comes via a Twitter post from Conor Maples, a member of Orange's communications team.
Orange UK had sold more than 30k iPhones,smashing what we believe is the previously published first day sales records for a phone in the UK!