low memory, 12 Nov 2009so if you do this will it delete all the things you have saved?Your mass memory will be intact(eg files, songs etc), but your phone memory will be restored back to factory settings. So you will lose everything on your phone memory. Make sure to back up before you hard reset - you can do so through PC Suite. After a hard reset, you might also find that you will have to re-install some apps as well, and Maps needs to be updated because it reverts back to version 2.0 (and you need to update to current version).
low memory, 12 Nov 2009great phone even if it is slow but can someone on this forum help me with how the f#@k do you ... moreYou have to uninstall the apps and reinstall on mass memory. Unfortunately not all preinstalled apps can be removed (eg boingo, qik, joiquispot) for some reason. But others like the facebook widget, accuweather, can be found in ovi store so you can get them again. I'd advise you to just make sure that you can get an app before you uninstall it. To uninstall apps, go to applications, then click "options", then "organise" then choose the app you want to remove, then press "delete". Then when you install the app again, it gives you an option to install to phone or mass memory; obviously you choose the latter. If you're having big problems with low c drive memory, a hard reset can restore your memory - you'll probably get 40-50mb free afterwards. Obviously back up everything. There are numerous articles on the internet showing you how to hard reset.
Rands, 11 Nov 2009Some questions for N97 users please :
1. How long does the battery last with 'average' use ... moreI'm afraid I can't answer all your questions through personal experience, but can answer a couple.
1. I am pretty much on the phone every waking moment, so I have to charge it daily. I'm on the internet a lot, and play lots of music. For what you described as "average use" in your post, I think you might be able to get away without charging for 2 days.
2. Themes - you uninstall themes by going to settings> application manager> installed apps then look for the theme you want to uninstall, then options and delete. Simply enough I think.
3. I don't geotag so can't comment on that. But yes, there is a well known issue with the gps, but nokia has acknowledged this and their newer handsets supposedly do not have this problem. If you were to get one today, the gps should be ok.
4. No car cradle, no car charger in the box.
great phone even if it is slow but can someone on this forum help me with how the f#@k do you move your original phone apps and stf to the mass memory please help?????
I planning to have this phone, but i heard some not nice things about it. Is it true it's not quick enough and u must restart offen? I hate to restart. And is the battery not enough for it? They says it can't finish the day if you use it offen. I want not to believe this, but if it's true...
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2009I have a N97 since 3 months, it is literally useless, no SIP internet call which I had in my o... morewith version 20 you can Now Add SIP Internet Call To It! Yes Speaker Volume Is Weak Compared To n95!Wonder If It Is the software or hardware issue? Thank
I have a N97 since 3 months, it is literally useless, no SIP internet call which I had in my old N95. Speaker music volume is very low compared to N95. Only net browsing & screen is better otherwise N95 is better.
Rands, 11 Nov 2009Some questions for N97 users please : 1. How long does the battery last with 'average' use ... more2. If you saved the themes in your memory card, then you have to reset the phone. It's advisable to store the themes in phone memory instead so you can delete it. That was my problem also with my N82 until I found out about it from a forum.
Majid, 11 Nov 2009Go for N97,but make sure to get an original one and test it fully before you buy it.Ya finaly I decided to go with n97..w995 z a gud fone as well but unfortunately it lacks a good browser ..(though it is faster)...yah.. :) can these experets tell me how can we identify an original handset?? Is there a way to identify it by IMEI CODE?? tell me all the possible ways to identify wether the handset is original or not?? Thanx in advance...posihdbxm
i wanted to know about touch screen quality and life of n97 and found few posts comparing profitability of apple and nokia - is it a serious feature to compare before buying? - is mobile fone a financial product? No offence.
Is there any other reason y i shud consider i-fones over nokia?
Are i fones better in quality and reliability? Or any other
Some questions for N97 users please :
1. How long does the battery last with 'average' use : few short calls, 1 hour on teh browser & a few photos?
2. Can themes be UNINSTALLED easily ? I had a N73 & couldnt uninstall themes.
3. how effective is the Geo-tagging feature. If there is a problem with the GPS as reported in other posts, then this must effect how often the photos get tagged as well? - this is an important feature for me (Geotagging)
4. Is there a car cradle in the box to mount the handset on your windscreen ( like a Garmin )?
V, 11 Nov 2009Anyone knows if the sliding and supporting structure of N97 will malfunction or stop working a... moreI dont see why it would... The sliding mechanism is pretty sturdy, and unless you mistreat the phone then it should be fine. I've had mine since july and have no problems, and have even dropped the phone once or twice from a height of abt half a metre. Of course we'll have to wait and see how it fares after a couple of years' use...but by then im sure most people would have new phones anyway...
Anyone knows if the sliding and supporting structure of N97 will malfunction or stop working after a prolonged use?
hmmp, 09 Nov 2009personaly i dont lyk the i~phn...hehe..hmm ya i guess n97 is the only phone i can buy..Thought... moreGo for N97,but make sure to get an original one and test it fully before you buy it.