The phone must be easy to use with the qwerty keyboard but for me it's overhyped phone. Come on Nokia..........
To those who are planning to purchase this phone please reconsider as this phone has so many problem even with the latest Firmware update Version 20... Every week when I'm at Nokia Service Center there will be at least 10 to 20 sets of this Nokia N97 going and going out from the service center due to its Hardware and Software problem.
Here are the list of problem which I have face since I have purchase on October 2009:
1. Keypad lock mechanism - always having difficulty unlock the phone when calls come in and stand by mode.
2. Touch Screen Sensitivity totally out - need to put certain amount of finger pressure in order to work.
3. 3G and 3.5G signal strength totally out.
4. Frequent disconnection when Browsing Internet.
5. Frequent disconnection when leave Online on MSN Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger.
7. Battery really drain fast - Normal use 8hrs, Web surfing 1hr and heavy use max 5hr.
8. Likes to hang during system Boot and stays hang when phone start up until White screen with NOkia Logo..
9. Even though Nokia Spec says can playback MP4 files but when the actual unit cannot playback MP4 file format but when play same file in Nokia 5800 XpressMusic no problem can play..
10. When switch camera to video or video to camera system get hang or sometimes will taking picture or shooting video screen just go blanco....
11. E-mail suddenly can open HTML and suddenly cannot open HTML at all... as the HTML setting in NOkia E-mil messging always get disapear for no reason..
12. Ringtone always auto switch back to nokia default tone out 7 of every calls comes in...
13. Phone then to freezee when calls come in during call waiting is active...
14. Keypad printed with one letter or function but when when press something else comes out especially when your typing fast...
15. Sometimes the keypad light will go disco...
16. Accelerometer on and off like to behave strangely as it rotate it self when the phone is not even being phone...
17. GPS connection really sucks big time... it take 30min to 1 hour to get connected to the GPS satelite..
18. Install Garmin - Firmware get crash when use Garmin
19. Install Google Map, Nokia Map cannot use shows GPS module not found.
20. Phonebook list scrolling is really ridicules and annoying..
You what is funny part all this problem or half of this problem you will not face in the Nokia N97 White version because my another friend of mine using the White version which he bought from Singapore Nokia Centre does not have all this problem furthermore he is a heavy mobile user and his battery last the entire day with bluetooth and HSDPA online the whole day.....
My Nokia N97 already in and out the Nokia Service Centre 7 times since the day of purchace on Oct 09 till now until they gave up and send the phone to Nokia Technical Support Main office in Kuala Lumpur for further diagnose and repair.... Haiyz which is going to take another week to come back....
So please re-consider when you want to buy this stupid phone...
hairul84ked, 09 Nov 2009i already used n97 2month. it ok n easy 2 use. i like it very much.Nokia n97 so good but blackberry and 5800 so boo ,even why n97 mini is more expensive then n97 .n97 has 32gb but n97 mini has only 8gb
i already used n97 2month. it ok n easy 2 use. i like it very much.
RICKY, 08 Nov 2009That is mostly a problem with every nokia phone ever built. I own a Nokia N95 it reboots its s... moreI have the n95 and used it for 2 years and rarely had that problem.Same with my n97 now.
That is mostly a problem with every nokia phone ever built. I own a Nokia N95 it reboots its self or powers on and off even when during a call. I have owned many nokia phones this problem is with everyone of them.
I saw this phone. It's awesome.. But just a question: It's normal this phone get stuck? It appears in the display this: "not enough memory..."
That's the reason It's possible I'm not buying this phone....
Why is happening that? Is It common this problem?
All Dear , Can we make powerpoint presentation in N-97 ?
Also, what is its price in India & Australia ?
just use the FM transmitter in my car for 10 hours in my car plus a cool music app. that creates playlists automatically.... Just great I have to say !
N97 is truely cool
after firmware v20......software wise....
nokia n97 looks like a ''nearly perfect phone''....but
in hardware wise..........
nokia n97 looks like a beautiful phone...only bcoz of
his make up....there is some missing in his beauty.
1- back cover has some gape.
2- battery droped it self when you open the back cover.
3- lense cover is a true & big fault of nokia n97.
4- camera flash is very near to lense and affect the picture quality....(blur half picture ).
5- no on screen qwerty keabord.
6- slide lock key is a pain.
wake up nokia....other wise
your hardware department will eat your success and your
The bad v10v11v12 firmware before v20 makes this phone has a bad name:(
Luckily I have not bought it yet! Because euro 449 is not worth it! Anyway this phone is great at the curren market!
Now I found one shop where they sell it for Singapore dollar 830 with warranty and the local language pack!!!!!
I will get this as Xmas gift next!:) yes next year!!!!
I updated my firmware to v20 3 days ago, and I'm very pleased with the results so far. Kinetic scrolling really gives the phone a new feel, and in general it's faster and more stable (doesn't hang as much). If the phone went out with this firmware like it was supposed to, it probably would have done a lot better!
Does this n97 has nokia's IM Application which can be found in phone like e71?
There is life time secret code to check your new phone to see if it is not used before by someone else.
My worry is that can we reset the life timer?
What else to check when we buy the n97? Where to chech the manucfacture date?
n97 vs w995 speakers?? which 1 is louder? which 1 has the best sound quality?? thanx..
Anonymous, 08 Nov 2009can someone share some tips to save space on cIf you want to really maximise your c drive, a hard resert works a charm - you will probably end up with 50mb free afterwards. If you don't want to do that, some tips - regularly clear all privacy data on web browser, make sure text messages are stored on e drive (the default is c drive), and uninstall then reinstall any apps that came with the phone on e drive (eg accuweather, facebook) but make sure you can get the app again. I don't have to do much more than this; i currently have 48mb free. There are numerous articles on the net that give you more tips, just google it.