Just bought the N97 gr8 fone at the moment lol xtortionate price though. £40 per month, 1200 mins, unlimited texts and internet wat u think
I will change 5800 X.M to N97 coming week. Have the different display resolution between Black & white edition? Why they have different price at Black edition & white edition. iPhone too. Please Help me! How about in operation running? How about display busbar for touch? Should i buy black or white?
kalboflyscot, 13 Oct 2009I read on the nokia users forum that the roll out for V20 could be Friday 16th Oct.thanks
Amit Whig, 12 Oct 2009Gifted my wife Nokia N97 for Karvachauth and Diwali. Was waiting for E72, but it is bound to s... moreAssalamualaikuum Amit Whig Bhai.....
Thnx For U'r valuable Information About Handset. It's Really a good Job. But Amit Bhai I didn't understand why do you hate Arabic key Pad????? You can like or dislike it, But hate ?? Why ?
If That was Typing error then I stop here.
But If not Then I have Something to tell You. Well My country Is Bangladesh, Closet country of India. And in Our Market there are many Handset available That Contain Hindi Key Pad.
And 92% of Our population are muslim. some like this type of keypad and some don't. But No one hate it. And as a Muslim I Also don't hate it. Because I know One Who Is A Muslim should Respect Other. I again Thnx to You.
For examples of the Nokia N97 camera capabilities please see my blog
i have brought the nokia N97 since more than 2 weeks, and it seems good.
True it bugs sometimes, but my nokia n95 8GB used to do the same.
N95 is far better for multimidia and camera, the n97 camera really sucks (especially with the flash!!)
Anyway, the only problem i have found is in the keyoboard. Sometimes when i am chating on msn, it get blocked on the symbols instead of the letters! the only way to be able to write in letters, is to keep on holding the caps lock... which is anoying frankly.
The other problem, is that when i want to write the symbol "'", i press the button on the right lower corner, and press the button that corresponds to the ".". Unfortunatly, i always get the "."! I later discovered that if i press on the button "b", i can finally get the "'", but now instead of the """!
If i press on the V, i get the ", and if i press on the C, i get the &. So finally, seems the keys have been missplaced, and i have no "%" on the keyboard...
I was just wondering if it is just my phone, or well, another crazy nokia 97 bug?
Just got my Nokia N97 today and its simply fantastic! I got firmware v12 on mine. The sliding mechanism is extremely smooth and the phone feels solid. The camera is impressive. So far I didn't experience any hanging problems or any other problems as some users have mentioned. the qwerty keyboard is very very comfortable too. The screen is very responsive and a whole lot better than the 5800 (which I used to have.) The retail package was impressive. In gsmarena's review they haven't got a pouch but I got a pouch in the retail package as well.
all in all I'm extremely happy with the handset and I would recommend this handset to any person who's interested in an all in one device.
Janis, 09 Oct 2009This phone is very,very bad. It's true..... Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!But why do you say that?...and how long have you had it? you most probably a samsung or blackberry...am I wrong or right?
I read on the nokia users forum that the roll out for V20 could be Friday 16th Oct.
hey guyz .. plz help me out to buy my phone .. i'm really confused to buy n97 or samsung s8000 jet .. specifications r grt of both .. plz help me .. !!!
when is the new firmware available in the uk? v20?? i am cuurently running version 11 software and it crashes lots. thanks
Gifted my wife Nokia N97 for Karvachauth and Diwali. Was waiting for E72, but it is bound to surface post Diwali only.
The reasons for buying this toy are as follows
1. My wife wanted a good looking Nokia (and Nokia only) - she is not techno savvy and I know she wont explore the phone for all its features, I will be the one playing with this toy all the time.
... Read More
2. I wanted a phone which has QWERTY keyboard as well as Touch screen / Stylus inputs - and N97 had all of these (please note, my earlier phone was E71 and I JUST LOVE IT - anyday better than any Blackberry in the market)
3. I wanted My phone to have Wifi (since I browse the net a lot on my E71) + Bluetooth + FM radio + MP3 Player + GPS receiver (and I love Nokia Maps on my E71 -- and I have paid not a single penny in the last 6 months - and the preloaded Nokia-Maps have an inbuilt Compass to tell you the exact North wherever you are - wonderful) + etc etc -- and N97 has all of these - additional advantage of FM-transmitter - Transmit your MP3 songs on any available FM channel to you car stereo or home theater - Just loved it - though the range is just 1 Meter only.
4. 3.5 mm Audio / Video Jack - I can use any damn Headphone available on the market - currently use my walkman headphones (My E-71 has 2.5 mm Audio jack only)
5. Huge 32 GB fixed storage upgradable to 48 GB (32 +16) hot swappable additional RAM. I am planning to clean-up my laptop and transfer all MP3 to this phone.
In the end it is a FULLY LOADED phone with all cool features leaving me quite satisfied.
A few DISADVANTAGES
1. Before buying I had learnt in many user reviews that the OS is sluggish - and I agree to that - it appears a bit slow. If it is due to OS (Symbian S60) then I look forward to upgrades (and I have read upgrades are working wonders). If it is due to a measly 434 MHz Processor, coupled with 128 MB RAM, then it is a bit unpleasant discovery. The OS is sometimes so slow that it takes time that when I turn my phone to Landscape, the screen takes a little time to adjust itself.
2. The screen is resistive. There is a big debate between resistive and capacitive screens (capacitive being fast-responding and resistive being stable even if your hand-piece falls). However, I have no qualms with the screen. it is quite bright and contents can be discernible even in bright day-light.
3. QWERTY keyboards - I find my E71 keyboard better than that of N97. This may be probably due to practice. but I hate the Arabic fonts on the keys ...
4. My E71 has editable office, but I can just view Office documents in N97 - license can bought for an addition US $ 20 from Ovi stores. Keep this in mind.
Other Pros and Cons, I am yet to discover. But till now, I am quite happy with this toy.
Dubai , UAE.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2009am looking at getting this phone, but would really like to know if the new firmware upgrade ha... moreThe upgrades have very little positive effect on the phones performance. I am in search of another phone now under the 3 strikes and you're out rule.
am looking at getting this phone, but would really like to know if the new firmware upgrade has helped the phones performance??? am not looking at a iphone at all due to the no expandable memory and that its only a 3mp camera and no flash for the camera
I bought a n97 on the 23 Sept 2009, I am now on my 4th n97 as at 9th Oct. They are dreadful, they crash.... regularly and then programs run in the background, unknown to the user, and flatten the battery. They won't respond to bluetooth recognition 50% of the time, mainly because the default is VERY poor English, and worse still, that can't be changed. On top of which it regularly won't ring, it just vibrates, so many calls are missed. Minus 9 stars!!
Anonymous, 11 Oct 2009 Hi Sandy, I bought this phone after a week of its launch. Firmware V10 had lots of bugs.... moreI find V12 more sluggish than V11 and I still don't see V20 available for my phone yet but hopefully soon.
IPhone is disgusting and that is why!
No videocalls functionality
No FM radio
3 megapixel camera with limited feature set hardly cuts it for a high-end device
Theres still no flash or hardware shutter key for the camera
Despite the upgrade, battery life is still generally poor (2-year old iPhone 2G are still doing way better)
in my opinion: N97 is more more better than iphone in many things