Can anyone tell from where to download free applications for this device?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous, 09 Sep 2009keep ur phone fully charged, is the same as mine when it is low on batterythanks for the reply. my battery is fully charged yet it keeps going off and on.and sometimes it goes off and never comes on again.i dont know iff this is a common fault with all N97 but its irritating
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2009i seem to hav da same pbm since yesterday n still no solutioni have the same problem when talking, (connection error) and then it hangs up, it happens around 3-5 times a day
if you ask me if you pay that kind of money on a phone dropped calls should never happen especially in 2009
I see V12 is not available for every product code and depending if your phone is unlocked or not, some of us will have to wait for the V20 Firmware.
eric, 08 Sep 2009hi everybody, got n97 for almost a week here in the philippines. just want someone to tell me ... moreeric why don't u try the Nokia Users Form. Look up nokia users and ask any questions there, you will get a pretty quick reply.
I am posting some of my queries if any vetran has answers pls HELP.
1) Contacts inaccessible – “Memory Full Error”. no other applications were active at the time of the error.
2) Pbk2 error upon selecting contacts in the messaging application.
3) Audio Delay upon receiving a call. No Sound upon connection of incoming call. Especially when picked up quickly.
4) Network related issues. Shows as searching for network constantly many times a day. Whereas, our other devices like blackberry do not show any weak signal signs.
5) GPS Lock. Keeps searching for GPS locks constantly i.e Drops connection to GPS network frequently.
6) Battery talk time, standby & Charge time uncertain.
7) Voice inaudible at other end, when using loudspeaker & especially during calls from moving vehicle.
a. Picture clarity issues. Secondary camera highly pixelated.
Primary camera shows light flooding on pictures. Clarity Missing.
b. Erroneous Time stamp on images.
9) Ovi Suite recommends erroneous updates for E.g Maps 3
10) Text Input touch t9 screen freezes / Hangs, especially when entering special characters like period(.), comma(,), exclamation (!) etc
11) Selectively Contact Name not displayed on Caller ID (sometimes)
12) Selectively Message & Message delivery display number, instead of stored names.
13) Sync Issue, All contacts not synced always. How to take “Categories Field” from Outlook to Nokia Phone
14) Format Mass Memory error, Unable to format. Unable to delete specific files.
15) The auto lock... When attempted to unlock with querty out .. it still opens in portrait mode ?
16) Any sms sent before storing a contact.... after storing or adding contact the number does not get automatically updated to the name. It reflects the number still in the logs.
17) Picture caller... The face is half cut ..Looks weird on most images... as the number is not transparent. In landscape mode there is enough space on the screen to put up the answer or reject buttons and displaying the numbers.
18) Lag in picture display upon call. Number displays first and after few seconds lag the pic pops up.
19) Call& Event Logs e.g Missed calls. If there are 5 missed calls The log will show the last called time only. In most other mobile systems Blackberry, windows each event is logged against a user. Requested know how on how this is handled in Nokia.
20) In a nokia i cannot also view the entire events as single thread.... No Provision for search display against keywords upon I can get call logs, messages - Here in Nokia, no search filters and all
searches not plotted to person/events. Requested Know How
21) Unnecessary taps additional taps...for eg.. sending a biz card from n97 requires 5 taps... in the other mobile phone systems it can be done in 3 taps. Requested Knowhow
22) Green tick yes button on top right of the text input screen. friendly only for big handed people. This could have been at bottom left. Is alternate screen for text input touch t9 available? Requested Know how.
23) Single hand use of phone impractical. Entering numbers on the querty is a nightmare... no shift on provison. Request Know how ( This seems to be resolved)
24) Select text from web page copy n paste.... Not possible on Nokia...? requested Know How
25) Predictive text where in the touch screen menu, the words don’t get auto completed. This increases the number of taps/input strokes. Request know how on how to edit custom dictionary. Does the n97 learn words from sms, contacts, emails. Request Know How
26) User Friendly is something where i would like to do the following with a contact or on contacts screen single view... see contact on google map, Help on contacts screen/n97 help, lookup contact on server, filter by category. new address, new group, view, edit, delete, activity log (incl sms, mms, email, calls), call, sms, mms, email, send as attachment, send as im, add a custom ring tone, add picture, options - sort by, separators, sync settings, actions, switchapplications, exit and its possible to be done.
28) When will Nokia enable usage of Native clients like google talk, yahoo like blackberry, iphone ?
29) Is there any planning for better email client? Likely Release dates?
30) The Java App for GMAIL on blackberry shows an indicator on icon in addition to customised alert setting tone & breathing light. How is it handled on Nokia ?
31) Is there a touch querty as an input method? like windows mobile ?
Request Know How
mysty, 08 Sep 2009my N97 keeps going off after an hour or two.can someone advise plskeep ur phone fully charged, is the same as mine when it is low on battery
Absolutely great. Hardware is great and the software has improved greatly in the last update. Keep up the good work NOKIA.
I have had mine just over a week now and im in love. Sure there are a few minor problems with the handset touch screen and the speed of the phone, but once the new update is out for it should be great! I got Gmail Fring and a few other Apps but what else would you people say to get? Regards - Tallywacker.
Anonymous, 09 Sep 2009this is the worst phone i have used ever for such a huge amount of money.while i play music it... morei think only your phone has this problem. mine n 97 is function well. i call my n97 (while n 97 playing music). n97 will go back to play music after the calling. try it
this is the worst phone i have used ever for such a huge amount of money.while i play music it does not run properly.in a 5 min song it stops at least 4 times and even sometimes the music player also stops!i am really dishearten with this new device of nokia.....
hey guys i have a theory
about the the updates
the nokia are still using ARM 11 at 369 - 600
the 5800 just got un update and added clock speed to the phone
we all know that the non touch phones are at 600
with the same CPU i'm just wondering if
any chance nokia would be able to
to a MASS update to add clock speed to the low clock speed phones
like the N97 from 434 to 600
and the 5800 from 434 to 600 as well
E71 from 396 to 600 and so on and so forth
Nokia N97 world’s most advanced mobile computer
The Nokia N97 firmware 2.0 will become available sometime next month, and it will come packed with chiefly kinetic scrolling, performance enhancements, bug fixes, more stock widgets, long press triggers alternate keyboard characters, and many others. The good thing? There is the same amount of memory available meaning that the firmware 2.0 is not a memory eater.