got this phone the day it come out, good at first but then keeps on crashing, not as good as expected but still better than most
Nokia has Officially denied the rumour that they plan android based phone !
Well I can uprade next week (on Orange) and hoping this will be available to me, although I guess it will be at a cost!?
But, black or white????
Loz, 06 Jul 2009Hi Can you tell me whether the N97 comes with a stylus for tapping the screen or do you hav... moreyes this phone comes with the stylus in the box, hope you get one of these phones, they are fantastic, a must have for everyone
If nokia is smart enough! They should release a capacitive version of n97! And a beefed processor and ram! And offf course longer batery power! And multitouch to zoom
the nokia n97 is a fantastic phone, i have done a lot of reserch on this phone before i got it, if apple iphone is so good, why have they paid thousands of pounds out to t-mobile, o2 and other mobile networks to stop them selling or giving the nokia n97 as upgrades to their customers? i went into all the phone shops to get my upgrade and i was told they was not doing the nokia n97, the shops that would wanted me to go onto either orange or vodaphone to receive the nokia n97, i have my nokia n97 now, i bought it outright on vodaphone then had it immediatley unlocked and debranded, i have not had any problems with this phone and everyone i know has had no problems, nokia has always been a good brand and produced good phones, the storage is fantastic and goes up to 48gb, as a business woman this phone is top of the range, i no longer have to carry 3 phones round with me with customer data on it, i am happy with this nokia n97. as for apple iphone, they are running scared paying networks off as this phone is now apple iphone's biggest rival, i could of had an iphone when it first came out but it is ugly, does not have the same capability as nokia, is not user friendly, an outright disgusting phone, if the iphone users had a nokia n97 for a week they would throw away their iphone's for good. any way i have now put my views forward and hope all you apple iphone users take a chance to take a proper look at 1) what they are realy receiving from their phone and customer support service and compare them to the nokia n97 you will be surprised at the fantastic service nokia has to offer, something whice apple ipone don't.
Can you tell me whether the N97 comes with a stylus for tapping the screen or do you have to use your fingers?
does this phone on vodafone network use their own interface and applications?????
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2009are you nuts?!LOL
apple updates software to improve and add more features, look at 3.0 os upd... moreI think you're nuts.
Lets look at iPhone 3.0, oh sorry full of bugs and 3.1 Beta already released.
iPhone 3GS rumoured for about 4 months.
Think you need to do your hokmework a bit more.
Mizuchi, 06 Jul 2009It might look that way how apple is winning but if they never made the apps store look what wo... moreare you nuts?!LOL
apple updates software to improve and add more features, look at 3.0 os update, how many new features it has! while nokia updates to fix bugs and errors!
apple is more efficient enough to announced a phone then released it the next 2 weeks, while nokia with its n97, they make you wait for 6 long months, announced a slow cpu that disappoints many geeks, now after 6 long months of waiting and disappointments it surprises users of its bugs and errors! how shameful!! is that taking care of customers??LOL you make me laugh like hell!!LOL
Alongside with the N96 firmware update, now the N97 also get the latest. It is v11.0.021 for now. This new firmware update may be available for all regions. As usual there are 2 options for you to get it, via Nokia Software Updater or OTA (Over-The-Air). Fortunately, we can find the official change log for this v11.0.021. What you think about it? Always remember to backup first your datas before updating. And it is usually recommended for you to get the latest firmware to make sure your device gets its optimum performance. * Fix for USB detection error
* Not detected USB charging connection or PC doesn’t detect Nokia N97
* Fix home screen offline/online widget crash fix
* Number and Alphabetical input are mixed in facebook until end key is pressed, this is fixed
* Widget UI improvement - there is new facebook widget that fixes the problem of Home Screen background that visible on soft-key area.
* Browser fixes in order to improve widgets stability.
* MfE related fixes * Partial fix for entry lost on Messaging/calendar.
* Error fix for mail for exchange calendar entry synchronization.
* Error fixes for UI transition (landscape portrait transition, there is the home screen corruption.)
* UI transition (bad effects and slowness)
* Touch UI response that slow
* Picture of the device lock appears half of the screen when transitioning the UI sometimes
* Landscape: in some cases the soft buttons on touch (right hand) show the Home Screen in background (install maps.google.com)
* Photos thumbnail performance and stability improvements
* Device performance deteriorates when lots of content in the device - especially photos
* Partial fix no display backlight illumination when unlocking lock-key - CAP Genius reported already
* New version of Accuweather to improve the “Connection error” situation
* Device reset when browsing with high speed packet access (for Malaysia)
* “Browser soft key UI doesn’t work after putting Chinese character with qwerty keyboard”
* Java fixes (TCK, Pre-install app disappearing, *#7370#*)
* Operator fixes (CMCC, Hutchson and Telefonica, Vodafone) * Ovi store client now embedded in the core image
Hi all guys,
Osama want to know about new Firmware release. Any body can say when it will be release? if no body knows ask Nokia to release fast or say to Nokia management they know any thing about "Twin Towers."
To Lauren: if you have the same number stored more than once on your sim/phone then any handset will get confused and will not display the name. check for duplicates and delete only 1. It should work then.
hey guys just wondering if anyone has this probblem and if so how to fix it. i got the nokia n97 on saturday and i put my sim card in from my other phone and it wouldnt come up with the contacts. i finally figured out how to have the contacts on there but still whenever someone calls me or sms it just comes up with the number which is really annoying cause i dotn knnow everyones number off by heart in my list. and is anyone having trouble with the phone e.g. when you slide up the screen thing the screen doesnt light up always you have to lide it back down and then up again. is there a way to fix this??
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2009Hmmm...
"apple won't ... probably next year they will learn about the fascinating art of mo... moreno genious, i'm not, take a look at real smartphones (maye soem others than running on winmo)
and people..stop dreaming about i donno what feaures ... apple fans..it's quite clear that's about as much as they can put out ... shamefull (for that kind of money and cocky attitude)
khurram, 05 Jul 2009tell me nokia N97 have vibrate or not thanx yes has vibrate