deez, 24 Mar 2009the omnia hd will run circles around the n97. the the innov8 was samsungs responce to the n96 ... morethe truth is, N96 sold more than innov8, get your facts straight..
i believe N97 will do the same with omnia HD nor idou with Nokia edging more on advertising and promotion and how they package their products.
the omnia hd will run circles around the n97. the the innov8 was samsungs responce to the n96 and you see hwta happened with that. samsung is number one and will continue to be aslong as nokia is still slacking.
I am very excited for the release of this phone. Im most excited about the 35 GB (or 29,99GB), it seems to be very sleek and looks very neat. The specs sound really good too. The price is very high but im sure on contract it wont be as bad.
alex_oo17, 23 Mar 2009ok guys i know that the samsung omnia hd and the Nokia N97 will be running the symbian s60 5th... moreI don't know, we'll just have to wait and see, it should prove an interesting challenge, Symbian is not very secure you'd just have to spoof a Nokia phone I guess.
ok guys i know that the samsung omnia hd and the Nokia N97 will be running the symbian s60 5th software but i have two questions.
1) will the ovi store work on the samsung omnia hd
2) what do you guys think is Better the omnia HD or N97
Anonymous, 23 Mar 2009yes, there are 2 available colors for this one, black and silver..its not black and its not silver.. read the colour options, its BROWN and WHITE
EDGE: Class 32
Call records: Detailed, Max 30 days
3G: HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology
Bluetooth:Yes, v2.0 with (A2DP) & (EDR) Enhanced Data Rates
USB:v2.0 ,HS-microUSB (up to 2Mb/s)
Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser: WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, RSS feeds, Web flash support
Available Colors: White & Brown
Operating System: Symbian OS v9.4 , Series 60 , 5th Edition UI
2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network: WCDMA 2100 / 1900 / 850 / 900 - HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100
Release Date: JUNE 2009
SIZE Dimensions: 117.2 x 55.3 x 15.9-18.3 mm
Weight: About 150 g
Battery: Nokia Battery BP-4L, 1500 mAh
Talk time:Up to 320 min (3G), 400 min (GSM)
Standby time:Up to 400 hrs (3G), 430 hrs (GSM)
Video playback:Up to 4,5 hours (offline mode)
Music playback:Up to 37 hours (offline mode)
- TFT touch screen, (16,777,216) color, 24 bit colors depth
- 360 x 640 pixels, 3.5 inches, (16:9) widescreen
- Proximity sensor for Auto turn-off
- Accelerometer sensor for Auto-rotate
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Handwriting recognition
- Screen touch resistance
- pictures: 5 MP, (2584×1938) pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, Autofocus, camera protector
- videos: (640×480) High Quality TV videos
- flash: Dual LED
- secondary (VGA) videocall camera
Video and TV:
- Watch high-quality video on the large 3.5 inch 16:9 widescreen
- Video playback at 30 fps, for a wide array of formats
- Play videos, music and pictures on TV using TV-out
- Access internet video feeds through Nokia Video Center
- Video recording resolution (640 x 480) @ 30 Fps at (TV quality mode)
- MPEG-4 / SP and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264,up to 30 fps, up to VGA resolution and
Real Video up to QCIF @ 30 fps Windows Media (WMV9) up to CIF @ 30 fps Flash
Lite 3.0 / Flash Video in internet browser.
- TV-out function make you abale to watch all your movies that you have been took or
stored in your N97 in very High Quality and Resolution.
- Video Codecs support (Mpeg4/ H.263/ H.264/ 3gp/ WMV/ RM(Real Player)/ RAM(Real Player)/ Flv)
- Nokia Music Store support
- Nokia Music Manager
- Nokia Podcasting support
- Ring tones: 3D stereo ring tones, 64-tone
- Integrated stereo with dedicated audio chip with surround sound with crystal clear hi-fi sound quality (SAME sound Quality of Nokia 5800 XM BUT in 5800 XM the Audio chip is improved for playing High-Quality tracks Better)
- Support synchronization with Windows Media Player 11 and higher.
- N97 Have 6 (pre-installed Equalizers) and every one of them features 8 bands with fully user-manageable.And Don’t Forget the (3D Stereo speakers) that gives you a high & smooth surround sound.
- Audio Codecs support (MP3/ WMA/ WAV/ AAC/ AAC+/ eAAC /eAAC+/ MIDI/ AMR/ M4A/ M3U)
Hard disk (Megastorage):
- Type: Internal,Flash memory
- 32GB (Non-Expandable)
- Total memory available for the user is 29.9GB
- High speed (Read & Write)
Card slot & Memory:
- MicroSD (TransFlash), up to 16GB
- Hot-swap MicroSD door (under the camera)
- Total Max.memory = 32 + 16 = 48GB
USB Speed TEST:
>Transfer time: Approximately 2 seconds
>Transfer time: Approximately 23 seconds
>Transfer time: Approximately 1 minute 33 seconds
-VIDEO, EXTRA LARGE
>Transfer time: Approximately 8 minutes 37 seconds
> ARM11 MpCore with 4 cores (Technically 4 CPUs on a single chip) up ot 528 mHz
for better 3D scenes & 3D games and to get higher FPS (Frames per Second)
> 192 MB SDRAM
> 256 MB storage memory (ROM) (Not-Confirmed)
Quick Office v6.0 on N97:
- Quickoffice Premier 6.0 is the ONLY mobile solution that allows for Viewing , Editing and creating of Microsoft Office® 2007 Documents.
- Very easy UI for daily use in office and home.
- Viewing & Edit of some file formats such as: (DOCX, DOC, XLSX, XLSM, XLS, PPT, PPS, ZIP & TXT) from Microsoft Office versions: (97, 2000, XP, 2003, & 2007).
- Enhanced File Manager.
- ZIP File Support.
- View Password Protected Word and Excel files.
- [u]OTHER:[/u](Go To Cell Excel, Word Count, ZoomView, complex formulas support ,Auto save ,Spell check dictionary )
- Built-in GPS receiver
- A-GPS support
- Nokia Maps 2.0 (Touch)
- Digital compass
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- FM transmitter
- TV out
- 3.5 mm audio output jack
- Voice command/dial
- T9 Dictionary
- Flash Lite 3 (For FLV videos)
- Built-in hands free
- USB-charge available
- Enhanced sliding tilt display
- Multimedia city guides and navigation services from Nokia.
- Support N-gage games (just 1 free)
- USB chargable (charge when connected to a PC or Notebook)
Q, 23 Mar 2009Is typing on the virtual keyboard on n97 faster than 5800?
Typing on iphone is fast enough to me.But it is very very pleasureful experience for me !!! Perhaps because I was used some real and well designed keyboard of my Treo 680!
all virtual keyboards are dumb, IMHO!
most downloaded, 22 Mar 2009http://concepts.shpe.ro/ZoomRotate.php
one finger multittouch for 5800/n97 very simple to i... more
one finger multittouch for 5800/n97 very simple to implement zoom/rotate control by doubletapping you set a control point and when you drag the control takes efect need just one hand to controll (multitouch needs two hands to control - you have to hold the device with other hand
develope it now and upload it to Ovi store, make it free or donationware:) no more iphone is needed!
Is typing on the virtual keyboard on n97 faster than 5800?
Typing on iphone is fast enough to me.
Anonymous, 23 Mar 2009I have a question, there are 2 colors black and silver or white? Thank youyes, there are 2 available colors for this one, black and silver..
N97, 23 Mar 2009It is confirmed
N97 + Skype + euro550 + multitouch alternative + flick scroll in webbrowservery goooooooooooooood modil
I have a question, there are 2 colors black and silver or white?
A great competitor observes what the adversary is doing and modifies strategy in order to win. One is even willing to imbibe elements of the opponent in order to attain victory.
Nokia must have seen the effect of Samsung's Omnia HD and SE Idou on the top-of-the-range crowd. Nokia have no choice but to improve the spec. The N97 is a high-end device and so there must be no slacking. My advice is for Nokia to implement an 8MP camera with Xenon flash and an option for HD recording. This is obviously going to be a year of high spec devices. Nokia will be wasting their time releasing the N97 with its current spec. They need to improve it. They should not be arrogant just because they have the largest market share.
This device is not even due till June so they have time to get to work!
It is confirmed
N97 + Skype + euro550 + multitouch alternative + flick scroll in webbrowser
multitouch alternative is like drawing 2D in Autocad!!!!!
double tap(center point) + drag(radius) = one finger operation
phone Call Nokia R&D about your release of this one finger multitouch!!! let them know the idea and implement it in N97 OS webbrowser and photo browser!