guys ..plz help me in selecting a best smartphone from n97 mini and xperia 2.
which is better from both in all the terms?????
Thanks in Advance
Update of N97 mini after about 4 weeks of use
Great phone with excellently balanced features packed in a handy, stylish yet sturdy body. Great for the working executive who wants a functional phone with entertainment on the go.
- excellent sound (for listening to music) & screen (Update) - watched the How to Train a Dragon nHD trailer - the picture quality was awesome.
- wigets rocks, you can get real time updates from selected apps e.g. facebook. You can also put the music player as a wiget on the home screen & control the player without opening the app.
- fully customisible home screen,
- excellent online OVI suite support & applications, can view files on my computer remotely on the go! (Update) with Anytime Files you can auto-sync up to 10 GB of data to the online Ovi website so that you can view the files remotely using the phone even when your computer is off.
- responsive touch screen, thumb-friendly (resistive screen is not as bad as it is made out to be, at least not on the N97 mini)
- great looking phone, excellent build quality, handy size
- great office & calander support (Update) - calender not so thumb friendly
- (Update) you can enjoy music stored on your phone wirelessly in the comfort of your sofa by plugging a bluetooth stereo headset into your home stereo (its also possible with other phone but thought I'd share this little trick with everyone)
- (Update)can see a full screen shot of my lovely wife whenever she calls (N81 was way too small)
- not so common like the iphone.. haha (Update) - looks better than the iphone, just kidding cause I think both the N97 mini & the iphone are two of the best looking phone out there
Personnaly, the best phone I've had. The cons I could think of is that the battery drains fairly quickly if you surf the internet but this is probably the same for other phones; interface is not as colourful and fanciful as some phones but still looks pretty cool (especially the home screen with wigets)but more importantly functional
.haha.:]:), 08 Apr 2010hay everyone pls help me to decide...........which is better to buy.............n97 mini or x6... morei think both n97 mini and x6 are the same yersion but you can make more shortcut on n97 and more music on x6 but i prefer n97mini i like it though it has side sliding keyboard in my opinion itis useless
I am a phone fanatics
i am jealous of n900 users
i am still happy with mini n97
1 great looks great screen size great keyboard
2 great ovi maps free of charge
3great skype which i use every to talk with my girlfriend
5 i am missing yahoo app. Like native yahoo messenger yahoo answers
6vlc player i miss you
would be great if someone can develope vllc fpor symbian phone
I have been using this phone for four months
it is great,my advice to nokia is
please compete with apple app store
please add capacitive for i version
s3 on mini n97i would be a must buy
my other alternative is meego phone that would be awesome.........thank nokiia
btw this mini n97 is very comfortable in my hands and good keybpoard
eline, 08 Apr 2010i have problem with n97 mini, yesterday my n97 was no battery already and shut off by itself..... moreHI dear.
did you tried to update the firmware?
may be you instaled wrong or crupt software on it.
any ways you can try to reset it.
.press and hold
Shift + Space bar + Backspace and Power your phone
when it will give vibrate once and when logo will apera then release the bottons.
if it will not then contatc you nokia care office.
n97 mini price dropped to rs.20,000 from nokia priority stores with two years extended warranty and lifetime map navigation GPS free ... guys i think its a steal with all these features at this price. WOWWWWWW
AND the looks are fabulous
i love you n97 mini
hay everyone pls help me to decide...........which is better to buy.............n97 mini or x6 16gb pls help me..........reply...pls.......thanks
i still have a very big confussion in buying this phone some say good and some say dont buy kindly give me the best suggestion to buy or not
i have problem with n97 mini, yesterday my n97 was no battery already and shut off by itself... after that i charge it back, it display white screen with NOKIA logo, and can hang on there very very long... why will like that har??? please reply me...
Has anyone had a problem with the lights on the phone, i mean the blacklight....
kenny, 08 Apr 2010Hi any once can tell me why my 97 mini battery can use not more that halp day...i am normal us... moreKenny: You'd better switch your network to GSM only, because 3G Network drained your battery.
anonymous, 07 Apr 2010Hi! i'm planning to buy nokia handset. which 1 is better? n97 or n97 mini? Comments or opinio... morei think n97 mini is better than n97. because n97 more cheap than n97. and n97 mini look more style. one more thing the phone color is beautiful. so, you must buy n97 mini.
Hi any once can tell me why my 97 mini battery can use not more that halp day...i am normal use only
The best handset from nokia so far, its got a fast processor, excellent for multimedia, very good screen, excellent keyboard. i just love it like crazzzzyy.
it looks too good in your hands when you are holding it, it looks rich.
Hi! i'm planning to buy nokia handset. which 1 is better? n97 or n97 mini?
Comments or opinion would be highly appreciated.
Nimo, 07 Apr 2010Just some advice to those who are thinking about purchasing this phone: DON'T PURCHASE IT!!! ... morei have this phone and i agree with you in sound quality, my N95 8GB have better sounds qulaity and louder than this. i agree with you about the visibility of the screen under direct sunlight but the N95 screen also under the direct sunlight is poor... but the rest, i dont agree. i mine dont hang, responsive touch screen, dont lag...
Nimo, 07 Apr 2010Just some advice to those who are thinking about purchasing this phone: DON'T PURCHASE IT!!! ... morehow do u say the touchscreeen is not responsive i used it responds well, there must be problem with your device, i do agree that touch on iphone's are better but that is capacitive touch, whereas this is resistive touch,, and fyi resistive touch screens have very long life, and are more durable,against wear and tear, so if ur use is rough go for resistive screen
Just some advice to those who are thinking about purchasing this phone: DON'T PURCHASE IT!!!
I sold mine on Friday (today is wednesday). Here's why
1. The touchscreen is ridiculously unresponsive. I used to really struggle typing with it. I am unofficially the fastest keypad typer in the world and even to me typing with it was a complete disaster. The funny thing is that AFTER I SOLD MY PHONE, I IMMEDIATELY PICKED UP MY IPOD TOUCH (AFTER 2 MONTHS) and I thought to myself, OMG HOW WAS I MANAGING USING THAT TOUCHSCREEN. The ipod touchscreen is the best touchscreen on the market.
2. The battery becomes extremely hot at times
3. You can't run any applications while the phone is charging (how ridiculous is that)
4. The speakers aren't half as loud as the Nokia N95
5. You can't see the screen when the surrounding area is bright (especially in sunlight)
There's more problems I can't think of, but this phone gave me hell from the very first day
On the positive side, this phone looks amazing, especially in the copper colour. The back cover is metal and not plastic which is brilliant. Good camera.