The best handset from nokia so far, its got a fast processor, excellent for multimedia, very good screen, excellent keyboard. i just love it like crazzzzyy.
it looks too good in your hands when you are holding it, it looks rich.
Hi! i'm planning to buy nokia handset. which 1 is better? n97 or n97 mini?
Comments or opinion would be highly appreciated.
Nimo, 07 Apr 2010Just some advice to those who are thinking about purchasing this phone: DON'T PURCHASE IT!!! ... morei have this phone and i agree with you in sound quality, my N95 8GB have better sounds qulaity and louder than this. i agree with you about the visibility of the screen under direct sunlight but the N95 screen also under the direct sunlight is poor... but the rest, i dont agree. i mine dont hang, responsive touch screen, dont lag...
Nimo, 07 Apr 2010Just some advice to those who are thinking about purchasing this phone: DON'T PURCHASE IT!!! ... morehow do u say the touchscreeen is not responsive i used it responds well, there must be problem with your device, i do agree that touch on iphone's are better but that is capacitive touch, whereas this is resistive touch,, and fyi resistive touch screens have very long life, and are more durable,against wear and tear, so if ur use is rough go for resistive screen
Just some advice to those who are thinking about purchasing this phone: DON'T PURCHASE IT!!!
I sold mine on Friday (today is wednesday). Here's why
1. The touchscreen is ridiculously unresponsive. I used to really struggle typing with it. I am unofficially the fastest keypad typer in the world and even to me typing with it was a complete disaster. The funny thing is that AFTER I SOLD MY PHONE, I IMMEDIATELY PICKED UP MY IPOD TOUCH (AFTER 2 MONTHS) and I thought to myself, OMG HOW WAS I MANAGING USING THAT TOUCHSCREEN. The ipod touchscreen is the best touchscreen on the market.
2. The battery becomes extremely hot at times
3. You can't run any applications while the phone is charging (how ridiculous is that)
4. The speakers aren't half as loud as the Nokia N95
5. You can't see the screen when the surrounding area is bright (especially in sunlight)
There's more problems I can't think of, but this phone gave me hell from the very first day
On the positive side, this phone looks amazing, especially in the copper colour. The back cover is metal and not plastic which is brilliant. Good camera.
N97 mini, 06 Apr 2010
1. N97 mini makes "hhhmmm..." noise when touch screen is enabled... more1.the sound you're saying is normal.
2.my handset used to hang a lot/lags but when i fomatted the mass memory,it works fine now... i think you should do that.
3.never happen to me, cant help you with that.
Will this work on T-Mobile USA's network? I see 2100 Mhz but not 1700Mhz?
belle, 06 Apr 2010is dis touch screen?Hello.
Yes, it is. And it is a very good one, it just need a gentle touch to register anything. :)
marialoveselvis, 06 Apr 2010I had a nokia 5800 and I can to rotate pix but I have nokia n97 mini now but when I turnaround... moreHello.
You can try to turn on the sensor.
Menu > Settings > Phone > Sensor settings > Sensor [on]
Hope that helps. And make sure in the Turning control, the Auto-rotate display is ticked.
Can we change/ upgrade Operating system of nokia 97mini to some other operating system or version...
Like can we change present configured symbian OS to Maemo OS or to Android???
Its like changing or upgrading our pc from window vista to window7 / linux fedora / apple mac....
Present hw configuration can support i guess but drivers required can be taken....
1. N97 mini makes "hhhmmm..." noise when touch screen is enabled (even while call is in progress). Noise goes off once touch screen is locked. Anyone facing same problem, any corrrection or this is a permanent proble in these chinese manufactured handsets!!!
2. My handset hangs abruptly and i have to take out battery to restart. Any correction available. (no application was active on handset except Logs, then also...)
3. My phone takes restarts itself admist of running webbrowser or after call completion.
Pls pls help with any resolution ....
I had a nokia 5800 and I can to rotate pix but I have nokia n97 mini now but when I turnaround mobile the pix not rotate.Anyone knows why?
Anonymous, 05 Apr 2010Aaron ,
When you on and it hang , try to peform a hard reboot by pressing simulataneously t... more
Thanks you very much for ur help. Now, i did it. So very thank. God bless you.
Can someone who is using n97 mini tell me the camera performnce of still images?