Hello! Everybody, Thank you very much all of your help. Now, i did it. I reset my device. Now It's work fine. So, thank you all. Really Thanks.
Tech Mgr, 05 Apr 2010That happened to me twice. Google it. You need to take out the battery. Then put the battery b... moreHello! brother, please help me. I know power on key. But, i wanna know what 3 buttoms on the keyboard for the hard reset. Please! Help me!, i wanna try now. So, please! Reply me, please, please!" Thanks alot my brother.
sony83, 12 Jan 2010Hi, The mini is a very stable device much better than the original n97. Its solid(the back cov... moreits normal, even the n97 has that same problem, i think its because of the second hinge on the left side.
Nokia Quality Control staff should be fired.
Nokia new released phone are famous for it bugging problem and you need to upgrade software to rectify it.
When you on and it hang , try to peform a hard reboot by pressing simulataneously these 3 button - Power On , shift button and space button.
gangland11, 05 Apr 2010put your ear close to the screen when it is on, then listen closely if you would hear any hhum... moreoh yeah, i can now hear what you're saying its normal. anyways, does your phone hang or restart? coz mine dont... i have almost 3gig left on mass memory and almost 3 gig also left on my memory card but mine doesnt hang. i dont know why most users says their phone hangs a lot or restart... maybe i just got a good unit.
I've had the N97 Mini for about a month now.
1. The battery can die on me within 2-3 hrs if I use the 3G network and the area I'm in has bad reception for the data network. Using Wifi only at home and in the office, it lasts for about a day or 2. Seeing as that's the case, I have the charger at home, a car charger when I'm out and about, and a cable to connect to the laptop in the office. Doing this after having the battery die on me the 1st week and I couldn't use it at all.
2. The OS does seem a bit buggy. I use Skype for phone calls and I also use Nimbuzz to access my IM contacts. One seems to clash with the other and I need to restart the phone sometimes. My Skype also has to be restarted when I move from a WLAN area to no WLAN and I need to use 3G network. Seems seamless but can't call out using Skype Out until I restart the phone and app.
3. Manipulating the screen to access apps will tend to slip up as the screen is not that sensitive and instead of sliding the screen up, you'll end up tapping on an app and starting it.
4. The keyboard is great. Use to have an E71 which I really liked and this keyboard is so much better. I do have to use 2 thumbs but there is so much space to do so and I do have normal sized male thumbs.
5. When the phone freezes which it does at times, you can't do anything at all. So instead of waiting, I do a restart by taking out the battery.
Though at times it can irritate me, seeing as I like to play with my phone instead of expecting it to be perfect, I do like my N97 Mini. I do hope Nokia can come up with a firmware update soon that can address the memory issue so it doesn't hang easily. Going to the service centre is practically useless as the people there will tell you not to use apps if your phone hangs. Then you might as well as Ovi Store to close down. Doesn't make sense what they say sometimes.
Oh yeah the 3 buttons are:
Backspace, Space, and the Shift key which looks like a big up arrow on the left side of the keypad.
That happened to me twice. Google it. You need to take out the battery. Then put the battery back in. Press 3 buttons on the keypad and press the power button. Make sure all 3 buttons are still pressed until you see the nokia word. Try again if it doesn't work the 1st time. This will clean out all data and settings as it is a factory reset. The mini does have an issue with certain apps. MAyve have to do with the memory management. I still like it though the problem irritates me. Just like my wife and kids. Lol.
Arron, 05 Apr 2010Hello! Everybody please!!! I have this phone a few day. Now, i've a big probluem. My device is... moreDo send it back to ur service provider..... They will responsibility for this...
Hello! Everybody please!!! I have this phone a few day. Now, i've a big probluem. My device is hang when after swith on it. I can't do nothing. I try to more time replace bettary, but it does't work. What would i do? Help me please? Help me! Help, please,, help
..., 04 Apr 2010nope... no sounds what you all are saying... but the battery though sucks big time. it wont la... moreput your ear close to the screen when it is on, then listen closely if you would hear any hhummmm sound its like the sound when you first turn on a TV, i could hear it nearly at the middle of my screen so i know it is not the earpiece.... the battery of my n97mini last for 2 days when normal texting but with wifi and calls plus txt message usually it would last for a day.... try to check your running apps maybe there are to many of them that is why, it eats up the ROM of your cellphone your kinda multi tasking specially the MP3 player you have to exit when not in use and wifi you have too disconnect if not in use to...
gangland11, 04 Apr 2010if you would listen closely to the screen put your ear close to it can you hear any hhmmm soun... morenope... no sounds what you all are saying... but the battery though sucks big time. it wont last a day (text,couple of music and videos), i have to charge it twice a day... hows yours? oh yea, im from philippines too.
Anonymous, 04 Apr 2010Ya i can hear that sharp sound near the locking key there i went to the service center they to... morethanks, thought that my phone has a factory defect thanks so much... owe you one big time
gangland11, 04 Apr 2010if you would listen closely to the screen put your ear close to it can you hear any hhmmm soun... moreYa i can hear that sharp sound near the locking key there i went to the service center they told me is ok
Anonymous, 03 Apr 2010 N97 mini's performance is quite good but there are bugs ... 1. There is "hmmmm" n... moreei i got the same issue but its not in the earpiece its on the screen itself... i dont know where it came from or i just did not notice it before
..., 04 Apr 2010i don't here the sound you are saying on my phone...if you would listen closely to the screen put your ear close to it can you hear any hhmmm sound?? coz in my n97 mini i can hear it when the screen is on and when the keys are locked it goes off... my phone was never dropped but the hhhmmmm sound is driving me nuts... its not that loud though but i bothers me so much since i know this phone is expensive and i dont want to sell it and make a mistake