thanks for relentlessly manufacturering good looking phones e.g NOKIA N97 mini. However its not all about beauity, i wish u would consider performance as vital.
I bought this phone 3 weeks ago and guess what i found out immediately,
1. TOUCH EXPERIENCE,
This is the worst ever, pon keeps hanging or responds to non-requested commands,non-sensitive
2. BATTERY LIFE,
The worst ever, as if the phone wasnt meant to run on battery back up. u have to charge all the time, and recently my A/C power blew up even without power cause. left with USB charging only.without p.c cant charge.
3. WEIGHT AS A MOBLIE DEVICE
This phone is too heavy to carry. As if nokia had learnt nothing about N97 the big version, shd have trimed down the weight..
4. SPEED AND STABILITY,
The speed of the device is devasting, will switch off automatically even if u havent requested phone to do so.
N97 mini costs aliitle more expensive than usual,u may be mistaken that u are paying for such an execellent device, taking it home and u are disappointed by its general poor perforamance.
THE GOOD OF N97 min.
Here i will just mention briefly,
5 megapixel camera brings relatively good picture qaulity, phone has shinny looks, not that killer as N8
but its ok.
Its not that i hate nokia, but this phone just doesnt wok for me. i tried a couple of nokia brands but i am ever disappointed. I am also opting to try out on other brands like BLACKBERRY, HTC, SONY ERICSSON, etc.
Nokia N97 Mini is a fantastic mobile to be used in the perfet way. If any of your documents are opened and if they are not closed properly then the battery goes away quick. Hence if it is used on the right way I think according to me using it for the past one year nearly i have never faced any problem in this mobile. I think this partcular mobile is supposed to be called as Mini Laptop. Bu this mobile could be operted by touch screen instead of the keyboard. Only draw back to this mobile is sound clarity should be little more high when it is used for loudspeaker, other wise fabulous phone.
this phone is the big falior from nokia..although nokia is known a falior company..my samsung wave is best in all department....and even less prise than this shit...nokia is just laggy baggy shity company..
very bad battery backup. last only for 3/4 hrs in 2g.
not interested in nokia any more.
Bought the N97 Mini 9 months ago after a Samsung S8300 disaster. The Samsung was so bad for text entry, I thought a phone with a keyboard was the solution. It seems it was the right call and this is actually one of the good things about the phone:
1) I have chubby fingers and even for me, the keyboard is a treat. Holding it with two hands and using the thumbs, you can type very fast and accurate. No need to use T9 or whatever auto-correct feature.
2) The charge goes for 4 days at normal usage. I don't do heavy surfing, mind you. Mainly 30 minutes of talk + listening to MP3's mornings and evenings during commuting.
3) The GPS and maps work great. Seriously! After a cold start, it takes about two minutes to locate your position and after that, turn-by-turn + speed camera warning + speed exceeded warnings work great. Well done Nokia!
As for the downsides:
1) This is not a touch screen, whatever Nokia claims. It is a "push" screen. If you exclude the swipes (left-right, up-down), the only touch action you do is pressing rather insensitive buttons. The zoom in any application is a challenge for the user as well as the phone.
2) The phone is SLOW. Portrait to landscape takes about 2 seconds, the first time you do it. The second time, it takes about a second. I guess the program is loaded into memory or something like that so next time you perform the action, it is loaded faster.
During photo browsing, when you zoom in, sometimes the phone does not update the photo with necessary details. Regardless of what you do, the picture stays pixeleted all the time. If you change the picture, look at couple of other pictures and come back again, it is most likely that the zoom will work properly now.
3) The screen is too small and has insufficient resolution to allow proper internet browsing.
The browser of Nokia is a joke! A bad one at that... The only reasonable browser I could find was Opera Mobile. Even Opera Mini has issues with N97 Mini + Symbian.
4) And finally, the S6 V5 is simply horrible among modern phones (iPhone, Desire HD, Galaxy S etc.) Nokia should be ashamed to allow the name Symbian to propagate to 2011. That platform was designed for non-touch phones Nokia. Stop patching it up and calling it a modern interface. Drop it, no one believes you!
I didn't have the mini but the full one... the quality of the phone is terrible, it only lasts 6 months and that's not a one off as I had a replacement after the first was "beyond ecconomic repair" through the number of faults on its third time back!
The second one has gone the same way, so much so, I had my network cancel my 24 month air time contract 11 months early!
The phone sometimes even made it appear it was charging up "remotely" I mean the batter y charge up indicator came on when it wasn't even connected! The phone is short of ram which cause memory issues all the time and the phone reboots itself at will.
I can't wait for my HTC Desire HD to arrive on Monday!
On Jan 24, 2011, I will be celebrating the first year anniversary of my Nokia N97 mini. One year of satisfactory performance from a phone - beautiful photos for my FB real time uploading using Pixelpipe and Share Online apps, fast mobile web browsing over GPRS/EDGE using Bolt browser, very nice sound quality during music listening, and many more! What can I ask for?
worst phone ever made just got it back from repair and its worse, nokia i think this is my last phone from you im switching to blackberry after i get rid of this rubbish
Hi everybody.... I wanna Gladly Direct you to a Link where you can Download (( Quickoffice 6 premier )) Full & Free ,,, meaning you can VIEW and EDIT office files.... it works fine for S60v5 symbian Nokia phones >> i've already tried it on several phones including (( C6 , N97 , 5230 , 5800xp ))... Enjoy !
i'm gonna upload new Free stuff you're diffenitly Gonna Like
(:, 14 Jan 2011Can you take photos with the front camera?yes you can take pics with the front camera nd the phone is juzt like a machine to me, coz I hv been using it for the pass 1year now nd there is no problems plz...
My brother bought the N97 mini today.
Nokia, let me tell You somethng...
This phone is better than people says and think...
This handset is really great!!!
I am surprised and pleased...
Chuck, 15 Jan 2011DISSAPPOINTMENT!
I just don't know what to start with. I've had this magic for almost half a ... moreInternet Explorer? Why, what a revelation! After 5 months of very satisfied use, I have not found IE on my Mini. Would you care to point out where it is installed? And BTW, there are no Mozilla clients on S60 5th. None that actually work, anyway.
Sometimes, blatant fabricated stories are easy to spot. As we call it around here, it's all OA... Short for "over-acting".
Chuck, 15 Jan 2011DISSAPPOINTMENT! I just don't know what to start with. I've had this magic for almost half a ... moreThis nokia does not have Mozilla or Internet Explorer, so don't lie about this phone, because it seem you never had in your hand this phone the way you are commenting!
I just don't know what to start with. I've had this magic for almost half a year and...
- The touch screen... disasterous. Reacts from the second third touch.
- System... It is just slow. Image processing 5 sec. Even menu cannot scroll smoothly...
- It just freezes...sometimes forever. Or just switches off itself. Even music player is above its capabilities! Sometimes it is a challenge to answer the phone as it does not react.
- Interface! My favorite one! Before I switched off an automatic screen rotation I could spend minutes switching off my alarm clock. The problem comes partially because of the previous item. Internet Explorer is something amazing. It is just a challenge to switch to another window or change a webpage! People say installing Mozilla helps.
One good thing about this phone is navigator! The only one.
I could try to update software or dance Rumba around this gadget. But...My colleagues have the same phone as it was distributed as a corporate phone and everyone got happy only for the first week of the use...
I do not recommend this disasterous device!
zuluclarke, 10 Jan 2011I got an n97 mini. When i updated the software, i was unable to make or recieve calls. south africai had the same problem' enter this code *#7370#