im using QD right now. to me this phone is kind of good but it depends on what type of person u are and what u are looking for to meet demands. the unhappiness of this phone is its internal memory which is only 3+mb. games saved files are stored there, contacts,.. all shared. sighs.
to camera phobic;
1) N-gage supports most java games (s60), N-gage games and you can install several emulators (nes, snes, ggear, msys, megadrive, gboy, mame,..)
2)you can try limewire, bearshare, google or
3) s60 means it supports symbian 60 software, except for the themes.
4)talktime and standby time retrieved on specifications page, playtime up to 3.5 hrs
5) yes, even other formats can be played if you install the wright application(s).
6) Well, you can use up to 2GB MMC, but your speed will increase. I use 1GB or 512MB what i recommand. It takes time to format your MMC depending the size.
7)Sending / receiving files, photos, musicfiles,... to pc/Hs
To da so-called camera-phobic guy. Those qs can be easily answered from da mobile seller. I m sure they know mobile stuffs well n be willing to meet the demands of your qs with reality demo. Most internet sites has brief resources. Good luck
Yes my fren it can play mp3 using ultramp3 software. No worries. Buy it soon. Its no longer create by nokia.
Does N-Gage QD play mp3 songs?Please send a reply as soon as possible because i would like to purchase it.Thanks
I’m a Camera phobic, so I prefer using mobiles without lens. I have decided to lay my hands on the Nokia N-Gage (QD) for Games, Movies & Music besides calls & sms while External Memory slot and Bluetooth are necessary these days. Before getting it, I would like to know your advice on certain issues for this device and it’s features.
My Questions are:
1) What type of games/Apps are being supported on this device? (e.g. Mdip, Symbian, etc)
2) Where can I buy and/or download games from internet for free/fee?
3) What is special feature called “S60” in this device?
4) How is it’s Talktime/Standby Time/Playtime?
5) Is it possible to load third party software like RealOne player for example?
6) What is the Maximum Capacity for the External Memory Slot.
7) What can I do with the Bluetooth on this device other than multi-player gaming?
Lastly, Any other worthy opponents for N-Gage under similar priced products in the market.
I'm verry happy with this phone, most people compare with DS or psp, but you can't.
The N-gage is still just a "phone" and a bit of a pocket-size handheld with a lot of options. Java games are small but easy to handle with this joypad-phone. The n-gage games are nice and fun. You even can put all games on one mmc if you like, what else can you request from a phone? i would say 9.5 to 10. grtz
Thanks, i will try this.
i hear there's a new n-gage coming out soon, i look forward too see it..
Try removing ngage games that contain large amount of files that is causing the lag such as ONE, shadowkey and system rush. Play them in a seperate memory card if u have some n will.
My Nokia QD silver and my other regular n-gage are running very slow while playing games and exploring other applications.
by setting my logbook from 30 days to 1 day, the speed should increase.
I did this and restarted my handset but it keeps running very slow.
Is there anothe way to solve this?
this is a great phone of the years.
thousands game can be played in n-gage specially QD
Convert it to wav 1st. Then place it at nokia\sounds folder of your mem card. And it should be in your ringtone list. Anything is almost possible with symbian os.
I am hard gamer and love my n-gage it's all of my world u can download mp3 player and all symbian software internet radio but the gamers dont use all of this
the game is number one
& there is no #2
u dont need camera u need only game & battry