I have been using this X1-01 for the last 3 months. This phone may be a basic unit but it packs a lot of good usability. It doesn't have the features most phones would have but it's practical to own.
+ Superb loudspeaker performance! You won't miss a call and the alarm works good.
+ Battery life is long lasting! I would typically incur calls (both incoming and outgoing) lasting from about a minute or two to ten minutes. I would normally listen to mp3 player/fm radio both on the speaker and my own Skullcandy earphones for like 2 to 3 hours. Then I'd charge the phone after around 6 to 7 days.
+ The flashlight functions well and helps a lot when in a cinema or finding something in the dark.
+ Calls are clear and there's no signal loss. No sound leakage.
+ The phone is tough. (It fell once but the phone is still in one piece. The cover didn't go off.)
+ Nice work on the music keys. I can skip/pause/reverse without looking.
+ It saves up to 30 radio stations.
+ Dual sim function works well.
- Sound produced through earphones could have been louder. Regardless of what external speakers or earphones I use, it's not as loud compared to my iPod and my Nokia X6.
- The glossy shell is highly prone to scratches and whirls.
- It charges in 3-and-a-half hours (whether it's on or off).
- Browsing through music library can take you some precious time to get to a particular album/artist as music files are sorted per folder.
- Texting is kind of difficult because of bad keypad. You can't do a no-look texting with this.
- Number screening can only save 10 numbers.
- Spare color covers not sold. (I have the dark gray and I wanna have the yellow orange cover.)
Overall, I'd rate the X1-01 8 out of 10 stars.
this phone is not really for doing anything. its just for two SIM cards!
This handset is so pathetic. They call it a music phone, but the phone does not allow a loud music on earphones, you can not reverse or forward a song too. If you wanna search a song via playlist, you have to go down one by one, just imagine if you have 500 songs in your memory card and you will need to go one by one to choose the one you wish to listen as there won't be any alphabetic search option for you.
I am disgusted with Nokia and their phone, will never buy Nokia again not will recommend to anyone.
Gurmat, 19 Sep 2011Now using this phone from last 20 days.. Not recommended phone.. 1) Sometime showing 'no si... moreMy sw version is 5.27 plz plz plz inform me when nokia release any sw upgrade for this mobile.
I can attend one call maximum 2 or 3 minutes, after that network range gone and call disconnected.
I bought Nokia_X1-01 at 1st september 2011.I am sorry to say that it is a totally failed phone.Reasons are:
1: Usually signals of one of the two sims remains totally down.
2: It shows the call or sms some time by name and some time by number, while saved with a name.
3: No "Message Save" option.
4: No "Memo" or "Add note" option.
5: No "Mark/Unmark" option.
6: The are no many other simple functions which other mobiles have, while they are more simpler and cheeper then it.
Now using this phone from last 20 days..
Not recommended phone..
1) Sometime showing 'no sim card' for one of the sim, even if the sim is there.. Solution Restart the phone
2) Sometime signal is lost on either sim. Even when manual search is done for network, it shows 'access denied' even if you choose your home network. Solution Restart the phone
3) Often when you call from a sim, it shows 'Call not Allowed'. Solution Restart the phone
4) Sometime signal is lost on both of the sims. Solution Restart the phone
5) Battery is not lasting as per the specifications.. It last only for 2 days.. with 2 hour phone calls each day and 200 sms per day.. no music at all.
6) Sometime The phone gets hang when we open contacts..
7) Sometimes the phone get stuck while opening a sms.. it shows 'wait' and you can wait for the whole day.
8) Now a new problem from few days.. While sending a sms the phone restarts autmatically. However this happens rarely..
The only positive about this phone is its music capability.. My phone's firmware version is 5.27
Eagerly waiting for the next update.. Hope to get some relief.
Hi guys. i just bought this phone... and i am feeling sorry for the decision i made about purchasing this phone. This phone is cheap but i am facing a problem.. when i use this phone dual sim activated.. one of the network always vanishes.. its very rare when both networks tower indicate full.. no doubt Rest of the feature is good. Its not as good as i expected..
My X1 works perfectly well,with SUN and GLOBE here in Phils. good investment :D
Ajji, 17 Sep 2011Network connection is very bad... Please dont buy this.. it has a problem of restart. It restarts automatically
muain, 18 Sep 2011Please, trust on me. Don't buy this phone. I was very happy, especially about its battery timi... more it has a problem of restart. It restarts automatically.. its very big problem in it
Please, trust on me. Don't buy this phone. I was very happy, especially about its battery timing and volume. But, it has a problem of restart. It restarts automatically. I am also thinking to buy some other model of Nokia simple phone. This phone could be good if it does not have restart problem. I have heard lot of complaints about the same problem. Now, its up to you to make a decision; it was my duty to tell others about the problem; i hope Nokia will remove this fault.
Hey guys!!!! Don't expect too much from a cheap phone. The amount of money you spend is what you get in return, so if you spend little you can get also little. But if you spend more, you get also more. That's really the logic!
i guess ur right, this should had bluetooth, and as for reliability, dropped it almost 7 times in just 4 days, phone opens up fully and i just put the puzzle together, battery not that good hardly 2 days and should had usb cable support or infrared or just, just a bluetooth otherwise, BEST PHONE EVER!!!!
What is the use of having 16gb microsd and no USB? Everytime we cant use a card reader to copy the files from a PC to memory card.
can anyone tell, wht is the use of having a 16GB extendable memory card slot, without having gprs, or blue tooth..???