But Its Not read mp4 formet
I WANT TO BUY NOKIA X2 . Is this the best phone below Rs.5000?
Guys, we know that Sony Ericsson cedar is a good phone. But it’s not an excellent phone. This phone has so many limitations. So many feature that offer by same price Nokia and Samsung are missing in Cedar. Let’s have a look.
1. No Security keypad lock.
2. Bluetooth problem. Specially when try to connect with China Phone.
3. Battery backup is ok but not excellent. Battery serve for short time if u switch on 3G and keep brightness more than 60%.
4. No FM recording.
5. Voice recording quality is below average. Record low quality amr format.
6. When there are several calls made to or from a single contact, only the most recent one gets displayed.
7. Audio quality is ok but not very good like Sony Ericsson Zylo, Nokia C6-01, Samsung Wave, iphone. This is because Cedar don’t have any dedicated audio chip.
8. Loudspeaker performance is below average. You can change acoustic but it doesn’t make remarkable change. Just a little improvement.
9. GPRS/EDGE class 10 only. Now a days most Nokia phone under 5k range gives EDGE class 32.
10. D-pad is hard to press. No dedicated music key or camera shutter.
Some goodies are
1. 3.5G HSUPA 7.2 mbps and HSDA 2 mbps
2. Partial Multitasking support. U can minimize more than 20 app
3. Smart dialing feature
4. Good display and viewing angle
5. Bigger java heap size. Can run java app more than 7mb.
6. Very good video playback. Support 640*480 nHD. MP4,3GP,WMV codec
7. Support video subtitles
8. Customizable acoustic, flash theme, font, icon etc.
9. Large internal memory 280mb.
AnonD-23724, 13 Dec 2011good multimedia phone than the cedar bt not internet and when the memory is full this is the w... moreWhat you meant by cedar low on multimedia?
Our x2 cant even play hvga videos.
Where as my cedar does.
In every segment except stereo speaker I found cedar way better than x2.
It is good phone but Internet is not working properly because internet is very slow.
nokia x2 is a good mobile phone,this is easy to use,this is fully feature loded phone in all simple users.
good multimedia phone than the cedar bt not internet and when the memory is full this is the worst..becomes very slow! bt otherwise its good and the camera is superb for a low end..for multimedia its a good phone but for internet and more reliability u should go for cedar...cheers!
really good n cute
good model/smooth phone
Nokia x2 is a good mobile. But the keypad is very flat. It is difficult to type messages.
AnonD-24088, 12 Dec 2011i am using this phone.........this is the best cell phone among the simple phones.i I own both x2 and cedar and i've spent a lot of time comparing both.
Here is my readings. I am reposting it again as the current situation immediately need it to be since many r lieing in favour of x2 for past many comments.
Sony ericsson cedar is better than x2 ,folks. Not only that, its the best phone in the under 5000rs segment.
I own both x2 and cedar. Here is a little comparison with x2 and cedar.
Same price phones
1. If you prefer awesome stereo sound and avg clarity with not so good as everyone complained battery - x2
If you prefer modifiable sound with good clarity and great backup - cedar.
2. Both phones perform well in microsd. Both support 16gb cards well. In cedar though, even when its filled to just 100kbs left, goes smooth as always.
X2 cant be pushed to that extent and slows down.
3. Gaming while listening to music player is available in both.
Write a new message, minimise the game only in cedar. Minimise 10+ apps and still smooth. Even minimise inbox,drafts,sent messages,write new...etc at the same time.
4. I use the following headsets in both. MH 610, Creative Hs 150, i-ball rocky, phillips in-ear.
In x2 the voice is good, clarity is avg since more treble than bass.
In cedar, good voice, good clarity with a fine level of bass and treble, besides hyper bass boost with megabass.
It can be modified and altered too.
5. X2's keypad is hard as usual nokia s40 phones. If you are a texter, fast typing is on the low.. Its posted in gsmarenareview of x2 too. Blind typing isnt possible.
In cedar normal pressure keypad as c5 and other high end nokias. great for fast typing and texting. The keypad got an elevated kind of design and blind typing is a go.
6. X2 gives good 2g edge data speeds. Cedar too got good 2g speeds and 3.5g too.
In x2 internet is de-charging battery. Cedar stays alive even with 2 days online continously. And Gives me 3.5G speeds of around 700kBps.
7.x2 plays qvga mp4 videos or lower only. Once the resolution is crossed just audio is played.
In cedar upto vga videos can be played. Low hd, nhd are a go. Awesome quality videos with over 2mBps bitrate can also be played without a hassle unlike x2.
8. Image resolution is better in x2.
But the clarity, colors, sunlight absorption are excellent in cedar.
As said more pixels or better pixels ?
The flash in x2, creates a lot of noise in the picture that its better not to talk about it.
9. SYSTEM. X2 runs s40 os and it cant be customised or modified in anyway. As its locked by nokia.
Sony runs open-system in cedar and its audio sound, quality , bass etc can be modified for out- of-box performance just by changing respective audio driver file as easy as adding files into a usb drive.
Same is applicable to camera driver, display driver, internal changes like icons, softkeys, custom menu etc...
You can even add new languages and computer style word fonts into it.
10. Java capability
X2- max java size is 2mb. It cant support any bigger .jar size than 2mb
Cedar- unlimited .jar size. Even plays 9mb files.
11. Video recording
X2, qvga at 18fps in low quality 3gp format at max bitrate of 780kbps
Cedar- qvga at 15fps in hq mp4 format with max bitrate of 1420kbps. Besides, due to open-os, upgradable to vga at 24fps via software upgrade.
Nb: if anyone is intending to call me biased or fanboy I need the reason too. And checkout the phones b4 you do. Coz each and every word here is true.
I'm not saying everyone who praised x2 is lieing. Many havent even heard of cedar, thats why they mistook x2 as best in range. Even me too when I bought x2 a year and three months ago.
i bought it 1 month,it is al so good but some time its atometacaly turn off,what ani do now?
rahul, 12 Dec 2011i bought this phone just a week ago. i was using internet option in this phone. everything is ... moreHi, I have my Nokia X2 for about 9 months now, and I haven't experienced your kind of problem about its Internet. Mine has the Default Settings on its Internet Provider, in fact I'm using it right now through my phone (Nokia X2)...
this phone haven't a mark opsion in massege folder this is very bad
Phone was super but software problem occur when virus get attacked . What ever may be phone has well good feature . In this phone the silver colour phone was super but black red has weak software.
Youtube Not Working On This Phone What should I Do
i am using this phone.........this is the best cell phone among the simple phones.i
pls how much is the phone