This is really a great phone! I've had one since 2010 and unfortunately mine broke recently. I'm hoping that I could get another one somewhere or that my old one can be repaired.
Some of advantages of this phone:
1. It has a flashlight that is every bit as good as one built specifically for the purpose. (very useful)
2. It is simple and easy to work with (for the most part).
3. It can run Whatsapp and I've had no problem with expenses by the network provider due to the fact that it stays connected to edge all the time, seeing as it only tranfers data when whatsapp is actually being used for messaging.
4. It is small and very sturdy. It really takes a whole lot of force to break a phone like this.
5. After 4 years of use the exterior looked as good as new! It has an aluminum back and there isn't paint that scratches off the surfuce anywhere.
6. Its sound is good.
7. It has a voice recorder and video recorder.
8. It has bluetooth and it worked really nicely too.
9. In my experience, it never really gets any major problems as it ages. Like a Nokia should be, it just keeps working exactly like it should and did when you first got it till it's replaced. This would be with a few hiccups regarding the SD card. Mine worked fine in the beginning, but later it sort of went crazy (the phone blacked out and sometimes it was hard to delete or add files to the card. I also eventually took the card out whenever I switched the phone on as it didn't want to go on with the card in at times. This was, however, very unpredictable.).
1. The problem shooting it tends to have concerning the micro SD card. It tends to black out and just switch off for no reason, especially when you try to transfer files to the SD card. I pretty much gave up with mine and stopped putting new files or deleting any all together! This was most certainly the absolute most ANNOYING thing about this phone. The SD card was 4GB, just to let you know. One of the reviews say that it doesn't experience problems with 2GB cards.
2. The sound buttons on the side have caused the phone to start playing music when I didn't want it to by accident, generally the problem is best managed by locking the keypad.
3. The so called fm radio on my phone never worked once. It just made a loud and obnoxious scratching sound, it was never able to tune into an actual radio station.
4. The screen is teeny tiny. On Whatsapp I found it difficult to see profile pictures. The whatsapp also didn't have an option for viewing profile pictures. This also posed to be annoying when browsing.
5. The versions of whatsapp this phone tends to be able to run are basic and have a few irritating problems. I couldn't have an emoticon and text in the same message, for instance.
6. The fact that the on/off button is the red button used for ending a call, switching off the radio and going back to the home screen.
I would recommend this phone for someone who doesn't want a really fancy smart phone, but wants great features smart phones tend to have, like bluetooth and USB charging (it doesn't have wifi, though). Please take note that the phone runs on symbian, so there's not much fancy about its operating system. One of the reviews complained that the buttons got harder to press, it didn't happen to mine.
I desired to copy a 4 MB size video clip (WMA format) from my laptop to the 4GB memory card in my NOKIA X2-00. So after 'Copy'ing from laptop when I hit 'Paste' in Memory Card (in Windows Explorer), a message popped up, "Current format may not run in mobile. Change?". The dialogue box had two buttons 'Yes' and 'Paste As It Is'. I chose 'Yes'. SOme activity was seen and in a while the video file got pasted. The size was reduced to 1.7 MB. When I played it in my mobile, I could see that not much loss had occured in its quality. HatsOff to NOKIA for this wonderful model.
Soumya, 06 Feb 2014I want to buy this phone..can anybody tell me where do i can find it??This handset is not available in the market as a brand new piece. However, a request at www.olx.in fetches many people who wish to sell their NOKIA X2-00. Those interested in this handset may evaluate. I fail to understand why people sell this excellent handset. I have been using it for 3 years.
TTRRR, 06 Feb 2014Does it have Whatsup? Yes. It supports Whatsapp. Go to Nokia browser and search for Whatsapp for nokia x2-00 and then download. It runs excellently. I have been using it smoothly. Good luck.
this mobile is very good and speed,games all features are good and camera led flash very good.
Its an nice mbL.,BcZ it has 5 megapIxel of leD flash liGht cAmera,,I like thIs phoNe!dx clUb,,
Its very nic phone to use , bcz it has 5mp camera and nic dedication music keys........I love this phone....
I want to buy this phone..can anybody tell me where do i can find it??
Tricksbygs.blogspot, 26 Jan 2014Go to this link via your x2-00 mobile. http://www.whatsapp.com/s40Good phone
sani, 25 Jan 2014please help me out my x2 is not supporting whatsapp??Go to this link via your x2-00 mobile.
sani, 25 Jan 2014please help me out my x2 is not supporting whatsapp??Hey yaar, what's app, line, we-chat and many other softwares are available. Check it in nokia store. I am also using the same phone and it's having what's app. Check it out now.