i was lead to believe this phone could display messages in threaded form, if this is the case can someone tell me how to set it up...
Amrendra, 27 Nov 2010You need to use WEP (not WPA/WPA2) for your ad-hoc wireless settings (in your laptop). Delete ... morethnk you...
but still m getting a problem..its showing connected but thn also m unable to browse internet...an error is comming.."invalid server"
plz tell wht shld i do now???
Mr.sagar you are wrong about this cell.......... i have it now n im using it .............. its soooper ............. every budy liked it how can u say that its bad..........
Bhavesh Dewangan, 27 Nov 2010hello friends.. i m u sing X6 16gb,m having a problem.... when i try to connect my mobile th... moreYou need to use WEP (not WPA/WPA2) for your ad-hoc wireless settings (in your laptop). Delete the old ad-hoc wireless and create a new one with WEP.
i m u sing X6 16gb,m having a problem....
when i try to connect my mobile through Wi-Fi with my laptop(broad band network) for using internet,it just shows feature not supported!!!
followed this steps!
1) lappy ka wi-fi on kar.
2) network & sharing centre me ja.
3)manage wireless nw me click kar.
4)add pe click kar.
5)add an ad-hoc network.
6)will ask for n/w and security key u want.
7)ek prompt ayega jisme poochega "SHARE UR INTERNET CONNECTION?"... click yes.
8)phone pe wi-fi enable kar. network search kar... us network pe click kar jo tune set kiya tha. DONE!
pop up-GENERAL-feature not supported.
plz tell me how to sort out this..!!!,plz tell how to use WiFi though laptop broadband.!!
cn any one tell me does it have any stylus.how is the music quality of this phone
Harshal , 24 Nov 2010The headset WH 701 quality rating is 4/5. It's damn good. I got a faulty headset in my box. I... moreyour comments help me alot to get some new apps.i have Nokia x6. i use that website you wrote ( mobile9 dot com ) to get may apps and now i real like my phone nokia X6
[deleted post]hi veer do u have nokia x6 16 gb.how is its music quality.and headhones with it.is it wh701.pls ans me thanks.
Im thinking of buying this phone tomorrow compared to the Nokia E73. Which one is better? I dropped my interest in the Nokia N8, it is just too expensive.. PLease advise. Thanks! :)
Harshal, 24 Nov 2010It's been three months of mine as an owner of a black nokia x6 16gb and I'm a bit disappointed... morehey i owned this fone abt a month ago and believe me .......... its just rooocckkkiiiinngggggg \m/ ...
and those who r saying that it takes ages to open galllery must have to update the frimware or get it checked to nokia care .... as mine is working fineee and active even after fillinh 11 gb of memory .... \m/
[deleted post]buy phones from reputable sources...not from china...
Its a really bad mobile after i bought this isaw thats this mobile is so bad . and i hate this mobile
The headset WH 701 quality rating is 4/5. It's damn good. I got a faulty headset in my box. I got it replaced from Nokia care.
Some useful apps that you can have full versions for free from mobile9 dot com.
1) pdf+ (all types of pdf files including images!)
2)Office Suite (word, excel even powerpoint presentations!!!)
3) Xplore, Opera Mini, Google maps
4) wonderful games: Raging thunder, wave blazer, armageddon squadron, resco bubbles and much more. Really damn cool website.
Download mp4 songs from djmaza.com and english from mobilevideoslab.blogspot.com
Ovi apps: marble maze, scribble away, air hockey, miluegg jump, prince of persia, trill (twitter app), splinter cell, etc.
don't download 'socially' app and Opera mobile 10. Slows down your phone.
These things will make you love your phone
Answering some questions...
You'll get it in 15800 to 16100 in Tamilnadu.
IT DOESN'T HAVE MULTITOUCH!
11) you hear incoming sms sound but you don't see a new message in your inbox sometimes! Wtf?
Despite of this, I like my phone for it's camera, memory, looks and whoa the anti-scratch capacitive touchscreen!!! Hope the company brings good software updates.
one advice, If you're a nokia fan like me, you'll like it. If not, strictly put some more money and GET ANDROID! It's the future of mobile phones.
And I know some guys are curious about the N8, my bro has got it. IT HAS THE SAME SOFTWARE EXCEPT THE HOMESCREEN! But it has good looks and wonderful hardware.
When it's about buying a mobile phone, MAKE A GOOD DECISION!!
5) Text typing is good in both modes but selecting the text is very difficult. Even a scrollbar isn't included in the edit text field. :(
6) You cannot delete the themes you install unless you're able to open the application manager. Your application manager won't open if you have lots of applications installed. I had to delete around 35 games to make the application manager work! :((
7) When you want to send, move to folder or delete multiple images from the gallery at once, this phone is not for you! I took five hours to manage around 1100+ images in my gallery. (divide them in folders) No quick button for marking images is available! It sucks! 'mark unmark' app can be installed for that function.
8) If you are a facebook and twitter fan like me, symbian is not for you. Get yourselves an android.
9) No HD gaming!! HD games crackle, shatter or just won't start on x6.
10) When a phone's basic video playing mode is mp4 based, you expect good video experience but wait, you'll be able to play only 78 percent of videos that you download or share.
home resolution 640x360 also doesn't play well every first time you open gallery.
It's been three months of mine as an owner of a black nokia x6 16gb and I'm a bit disappointed. Well, when you buy such a high end phone, all you should get is good performance and good features.
No complaint about features except low processor and RAM.
The worst thing about it is it's Software.
Problems I faced...
1) I have filled only 5 gb of the 16 and still gallery takes ages to open.
2) If you don't wait for 30 seconds after startup, menu key or volume key or lock key or accelerometer won't work! It's scary!
3) When you snap an image, it takes ages to process that image and allow you to take another one! You miss some very critical imaging opportunities also b'coz camera takes too long to start.
4) Some installed apps won't work if you install a lot of apps. And when you try to open the application manager to edit the virtual keypad settings, the application manager won't open!!!