As if the exploding Galaxy Note7 fiasco was not enough, Samsung is facing another embarrassing situation: a Galaxy S7 edge unit caught fire in the owner's pocket, "causing him second and third degree burns."
The incident happened when owner Daniel Ramirez was working at a construction site in Ohio. Reports say the phone was in his right front pocket when suddenly it started "whistling, screeching, and vibrating," and emitting smoke. When Ramirez tried to remove the handset from his pocket, he suffered burns to his right hand.
And then the unit exploded without any warning, catching fire in the pocket itself and causing severe burns to Ramirez - his boxer shots and pants melted to his leg. "He suffered severe and permanent burn injuries to his groin, legs, and lower back that required a significant skin graft surgery and will necessitate extensive physical therapy moving forward."
It's worth mentioning that the incident took place on May 30 this year (even before the Galaxy Note7 was made official), but has just come to light.
It's not yet clear whether or not the Galaxy S7 edge batteries were also manufactured by Samsung SDI, the company that supplied defective Galaxy Note7 batteries. Anyway, Samsung has been dragged to court over the incident - a product liability lawsuit has been filed against the South Korean company.
An app for warning of explosion???? Wow u r a genius man .. Einstein reborn
Happened ofcourse in the usa..... again.....
w all these rumours of samsung mobile burning exploding i feel is just trying to get samsung a bad name.may be one or two sets of note 7 had battery problem but that does not mean samsung is bad or note 7 is bad.i have a note 7 and its working very...