You don't *HAVE* to pay £30 for a card reader, but if you want, you can go look for some expensive card reader which costs 30 quid
so i have to spend another £30 on buyin a card reader to put MP3's on??
i think the phone is rather good although i have had a few problems i dont like the fact that you cannot send to other phones using infa-red and then when info is bein sent through it the phone dont do it omg i think this phone is soo dumb. but ill ty not to giv up on it and i will try my best to like it i have just had a nokia and i feel that the o2 x3 would be soo much better !!!!
I'd advise you to buy this phone its great.
1) Yes a card reader is important if you want to put big videos/mp3s etc onto your phone. Just the same with most other phones.
2)Slow phone? Never heard that one before its deffinatly not slow fast i'd say.
3) Are you being serious here? Wat sort of person wants to put there photos into folders? Wierd. There is a photos section were your photos are placed. As with most phones.
Im thinking about getting those phone but i have a couple of queries.
1. Is a card reader necesery if i want to put mp3 files from my pc onto the phone?
2. i heard the phone is really slow? true?
3. I heard that when u take a photo it doesnt orginize them into folders so it is really hard to find the photo you want to veiw. Whats the truth in this?
some help would be very very appreciated.
Use the search there are about 100 posts about how to put mp3s onto the phone and also the answer to the other question of recording sound.
hi, could anyone tell me how to put mp3s on to this phone as i am very confused! i know this has probably been asked a million times. thanks x
ye ok but does the infra red have to be on to recieve coz i cant seem to connect all mine does is say its connecting for ages then jus stops, or if im recieving sumthin it jus turns off :S:( plz help
USE THE SEARCH!!!
Video can be recorded for longer even on the standard 32mb memory card, just change the options when recording.
Is it really that hard to pick up and read the manual?
Read the book!!! It tells you everything.
Infra red - Can reviece files on it, Cannot send things from it.
Video - Again your only getting 15 seconds because you have a low mb card., Buy a new one.
PLEASE!! can some1 help its reali anoyin me, all i want is to send n recieve VIA INFRA RED
Hi got an o2 x3 ! Can u send stuff through infrared! pics, tones, music, videoz?
If you do a search you'd find your answers alot quicker!
Battery = First charge 16 Hours as stated 4-5Hours thereafter.
Video - Records for as long as your memory can hold, If you want to record alot buy a card.
I only just had this phone & the staff at the O2 shop said you have to charge the phone for 16 hours because if you dont he said you will loose 80% of the power but in the book it says you have to charge it for 4-5 hours. How long do i REALLY have to charge it for? Could anybody answer my question?
PS : you must make sure the wap settings for pay and go are the same as in my last post or MMS will not work :-(
setup for MMS if you are pay as you go ?
Make sure your mobile is set up to use Media Messaging. Pay monthly customers can do this by contacting their Service Provider (the number will be on your bill). You can also download the appropriate Media Messaging settings for your phone in the form of a text message.Pay & Go customers can text PICON to 21400. This text costs the standard rate to send. Then follow the instructions on the reply message. You will be asked to activate your new settings by selecting the letter that corresponds to the make of your handset and texting that to 2020, for example, Nokia is the letter A so text A to 2020. Then make sure these settings are in the phone :
O2 X3 GPRS WAP settings
1. Press OK to enter Menu.
2. Scroll to O2 and press OK
3. Scroll to Settings and select Profile 4. Press OK on Home Page and enter http://wap.o2.co.uk 5. Scroll down to Gateway Address and enter 18.104.22.168 6. Scroll down to Port Number and enter 9201 7. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 8. Scroll down to Connect Settings and highlight a GPRS profile 9. Press Option (Left Soft Key) and then Rename. Enter O2 WAP.
10. Press OK and then OK to select profile 11. Press OK on User ID and enter payandgo 12. Scroll to Password and enter password 13. Scroll to APN Name and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk 14. Ignore DNS 15. Scroll to Select Gateway and select O2 WAP for WAP and O2 WAP for Media
Please also find the O2 X3 MMS settings
1. Press OK to enter Menu
2. Scroll to Messages and press OK
3. Scroll to Media and press Select
4. Scroll down to Settings (8) and press Select 5. Press Select on Media Server and highlight a profile 6. Press Edit (Left Soft Key) and enter Server Name as O2 MMS 7. Press Edit and enter Server Address as http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk :8002 (: is on 1 key) 8. Press Select to choose profile 9. Scroll to Notify Setting and set to Auto Download 10. Scroll to Delivery Setting and select Delivery Report and Read Report 11. Scroll to Message Life Time and select 6 days 12. Scroll to Security Check and select Close Check 13. Scroll to Sender Reject and make sure all blank
You will now be able to use GPRS and MMS.
Sorry it Long :-)