i really wanted an o2 x3 phone for my christmas 2004 i loved the phone when i got it a few weeks later i experiancd a few problems its been to the factory 3 times i think it is a very unreliable phone
iv had a o2x3 for around 2 months and ive got a 32mb mini sd card with it but when i plug the phone into the computer using the usb it doesn' t let me put games or mp3s on it can any one help, do i need a bigger memory card
The only problem ive encoutered with the x3 is that there is no bluetooth.
This is undoubtedly the worst phone I've ever had, with constant problems, which began a couple of months after I got the phone. Firstly, I sent it off to be fixed because of difficulties charging it - this problem was only briefly resolved and I can now only charge the phone at certain angles which are difficult to find and for brief periods of time. I also sent it to be fixed for constantly switching itself off, when it came back, all my contacts had been wiped. It now switches itself off probably 10 times a day, usually when I'm trying to send a text, answer the phone or make a call, often 5 or 6 times in succession. I haven't sent it back for repairs because I have no faith the the repair will be done and can't be doing with having my contacts wiped again. Added to that the ringtone selection is awful.
Can't wait to upgrade next month, and will never use an O2 phone again.
This phone is not as bad as some of you guys make out! ye it sometimes it dosent stop vibrating but this can be fixed by simply turning the phone off and then back on again.
The camra is good but you dont need a phone for a camra you need it for calls and texts. i still am unable of putting the mp3's on my phone but i will learn quickly. i have had this phone since may this year and i have not yet had any problems!
This is a good phone disspite what everyone else thinks!!
It's funny, I read all these bad reviews about the X3 but yet I have had no problems with this handset what so ever in the 10 months I have had it. I read about people who claim the camera is rubbish, but hey it's a damn phone, If you want quality pictures buy a digital camera. The MP3 facility is spot on considering it's a phone and has, although it was a bit of a mystery how to load the damn things when I first got it, which brings me to the point of this post. For lori (and anyone else) who is having trouble with the mp3 facility, here is how to load the damn things on your phone.
Unfortunately you cannot transfer mp3's direct to your handset you need to load them onto the mini SD card via a card reader connected to your PC. The problem is that mini SD card readers are difficult to get hold of (at least they were when I tried earlier in the year) so what I would advise is to buy a bigger mini SD card (about 256mb will cost about £20 on ebay) that comes with an SD adapter card. You can then buy a card reader that accepts SD cards from most electrical stores for about £7-£10.
All in all, unlike a lot of people I find the X3 to be an excellent phone, and would recommend it highly.
Worst phone ive ever had also
turns itself off,
constant vibration sometimes,
front side button for camera stop working sometimes,
just a bad phone basically!
BEWARE...the worst phone I have ever had. I've had a mobile since 1997 and this is the worst. I've had it 7 months and it's been back to O2 3 times (keeps vibrating, screen went bubbly, turns itself off). Today I have finally broke free and upgraded 3 month earlly! It looks like a big dull matchbox. I doesnt have a normal ringtone (ring ring would do). It doesnt have bluetooth, even my mums got bluetooth!!
Please dont buy it. It may be good on paper and O2 might give it to you free but dont bother, it's really cheap; not in a good way!
BUY A PHONE MADE BY A PHONE MANUFACTURER NOT A TARRIF SUPPLYER
!!CAUTION!! Have had this phone for 11 months been repaired three times,1,could not hear callers. 2,callers could not hear me.3,screen failure. Now the vibration is constant,it won't play downloaded ringtones and has never taken mp3's or transfered video to pc even with tech support!!! reached upgrade time now so i'm off to SE or Samsung or nokia.
i think this phone would be grat if i understood how to work everything. i cant get mp3's on it! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
This is a pretty awful phone. Mine keeps breaking down and the picture quality is poor.
I've had this phone since May and it's just gone off for it's third repair. I like the camera, but texting is poor and some of the other phone features aren't great either. I would think twice before buying this phone if I were you.
Like the phone just found the pictures not the best quality am selling my if interested please contact a year old very good condition. The design is great very pleasing to the eye just wanted a phone with bluetooth which is why am selling.
Right... i think that they should still sell the O2 X3 phone because if it is being advertised in loads if different places then? whats the point? if there is no whr decent nd cheap to buy one! they were £99 at o2! cheap for a phone at that standard!! I have an O2 X3 all i can say! BRILLIANT CHEAP CLASSY FLASHY PHONE! Find one sumwhere and buy one well worth da money! 1.3 megapixel gee zoo!!
Where can u buy the o2 X3 because the 02 shop have stopped selling it and have replaced it with the 02 XM please help cus i REALLY want to buy this phone?
Help is at hand if your wap keeps saying 'network unavaliable!'
O2 X3 GPRS WAP settings:
1. From the Menu Highlight O2 and press the OK button (Navi).
2. Scroll to Settings and press the OK button (Navi).
3. Highlight Empty Profile and press OK (Navi)
4. Highlight Homepage and press OK (Left Soft Key). Enter
http://wap.o2.co.uk and press the OK (Navi Key).
5. Highlight Gateway Address and press Select (Left Soft Key). Enter
184.108.40.206 and press OK (Navi).
6. Highlight Port and press Select (Left Soft Key). Enter 9201 and press
7. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 1 time.
8. Highlight the profile you just setup and press Option (Left Soft Key).
9. Highlight Rename and press OK (Navi Key). Enter O2 Wap and press OK (Navi
10. Highlight Select Gateway and press OK (Navi Key).
11. Highlight Wap and press OK (Navi Key).
12. Highlight O2 Wap and press OK (Navi Key).
13. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 2 times.
14. Highlight Connect Settings and press OK (Navi Key).
15. Highlight GPRS1 and press OK (Navi Key).
16. Highlight User ID and press OK (Navi Key). Enter payandgo and press OK
17. Highlight Password and press OK (Navi Key). Enter password and press OK
18. Highlight APN Name and press OK (Navi Key). Enter payandgo.o2.co.uk and
press OK (Navi Key).
19. Ignore DNS
20. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 1 time.
21. Highlight GPRS1 and press Options (Left Soft Key).
22. Highlight Rename and press OK (Navi Key). Enter O2 WAP GPRS and press OK
23. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 4 times.
The WAP GPRS settings are now complete.
O2 X3 MMS settings:
1. Press the OK button to access the Main Menu.
2. Highlight Messages and press OK (Navi Key).
3. Highlight Media and press OK (Navi Key).
4. Highlight Settings and press OK (Navi Key).
5. Highlight Media Server and press OK (Navi Key).
6. Highlight Operator http:// and press Edit (Left soft Key).
7. Highlight Server Name and press OK (Navi key). Enter O2 MMS and press OK
8. Highlight O2 MMS and press Edit (Left Soft Key).
9. Highlight Server Address and press OK (Navi Key). Enter
http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk and press OK (Navi Key).
10. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 1 time.
11. Highlight Notify Setting and press OK (Navi Key). Highlight Auto
Download and press OK (Navi Key).
12. Ignore Delivery Setting
13. Highlight Message Life Time and press OK (Navi Key). Highlight 6 Days
and press OK (Navi Key).
14. Highlight Security Check and press OK (Navi Key). Highlight Close Check
and press OK (Navi Key).
15. Ignore Sender Reject List
16. Press Back (Right Soft Key) 4 times.
The MMS settings are now complete.
hey im jessica..just sent off for this phone on a trial period, after reading some comments now a bit worried. Is the mp3 possible to use without buying any attachments etc..please reply. thanks
I have just got this phone, but I don't know how to get my videos and mp3's on to the phone. I realise that you can do this with a usb connecter/lead, but is there a way to do this without any connecting leads that you need to buy?
Please email me if anyone has an idea.