My Atom is ok, Running the latest unofficial firmware with wireless manager. Juz wait for this firmware update it will solve a lot of Atom Problem.
in response to CCM!
After so many post here about all the problems and if you still want an ATOMIC BOMB waiting to explode infront of your face... then please do go ahead with purchasing it.
There is no better way of finding it out yourself what a piece of crap this device is. I am just fed up with it. It's just not good enought for something worth over $1000 Australian Dollars.
Just not good enough!!!
The next person should read all the post before asking about buying it. We have posted so many problems time after time and yet people still asking it.
If only O2 bothered with fixing it.
Knowing the phone is so terrible...I guess O2 staff are not using their own product too!!
I have a O2 Atom, and is it just me or do all the fellow users out there find that their Atom shuts itself off for no reason? On average mine turns off once every week, and I have upgraded the ROM!
Hi, I am intrested to puchase this O2 Atom. Whoever can let me know the below before purchase :
1. Is camera image clear and sharp???
2. Is there still having machine hang problem?
3. what is the lower price can get in Malaysia market?
4. What free items can get when purchase this smartphone?
Thank you and enjoy the phone!
In response to WILL!
If you want to use GPS on the O2 Atom, you will need 2 things... A GPS Receiver and a GPS software. There are a few software but I prefer TOMTOM over DESTINATOR as it's faster. DESTINATOR have got better map but it's slow to response.
The O2 Atom is too slow and unstable and that's why many people here experiencing HANGING etc...
I think the CPU is not that all great and O2 better fix it. I hope they do 'cause their product is crap right now.
After 3 days using Atom, I found (can you help me, I'm using the last ROM):
1. After softreset the phone become hang, only display the blue O2 screen. So if I need soft reset I just opened the battery.
2. Sometime when I play the music file in WM10 and hear the Radio, the noise like 'tok tok tok', but after I opened the battery become normal again
3. There roaming sign (reverse triangle) in the display, altough I using home network.
4. I can't using GPRS data services even already using 'Auto Congfigurator' but can connected using CSD.
5. Sometimes you can't turn off the loudspeaker.
Atom is far far far away from perfect, but still can you using for just call and sms :P
can anyone plzz tell me how to keep an mp3 as a sms tone .plzz plzz reply
Big problem plz help me plz
I buy 02 atom but i am unable to sent files to another phone via bluetooth plz help me plz is there is any software for it? plz help me plz Thankyou
what i heard about atom is that december 2005 released of atom was not a good phone, often hang and problems BUT some people said to me that this atom has been remake and updated. they make new production.. anyone know about this issued? im desperately need to know.. thanks alot for the information
Anybody can tell me how to set up the GSP under the setting menue? I can't seem to figure it out. Plus, do I need any additional software to make it work? Thanks a lot for the replies
In response to YOYO!
Ofcourse I know how to use my PDA mate. But if you really all the post, you will see that it's not only me talking about this but the rest of the world also saying there are problems with this O2 ATOM.
I use Wireless internet on my ATOM at work and at home. I use it as GPS with Tomtom installed, weather software, world time and many other stuff too.
Dont you think I dont know how to use it man especially when I work in IT.
Don't tell me if you are saying this ATOM does not lag or slow then any other PDA, unless you havent use other PDA yet.
This ATOM is a failure for those people who know how to use all of it feature... but for the simple users it's still good.
But to me and many other, it's a failure!!!
Have a problem on Atom which is the SMS can't reach Inbox, intead I have to use O2 SMS plus to read SMSs....do you guys have facing this problem? please let me know....and I have the latest ROM which the salesperson told me (I bought the device yesterday)....other than tht everything is fine except the SMS....
Big Big Problem with Atom
1) Speaker problem (many times) get it exchanged for new sets and still the same problem. Sound break and lag all the time for Ringtone and playing MP3.
2) Bluetooth problem- have to count until 5 after pressing the answer button before the other party can hear me..Bring to service center but still cannot solve my problems.
3) Device hang- showing a blue "02 Screen" hard reset and soft reset cannot even solve the problem!! Terrible
4) Ever since I purchase Atom since last december. It has been in service center for almost coming 3 months in total and problem still not solved yet.
4) Want to get a refund after exchanged and repaired for 5 times in all but the manager just refused to refund.
If anyone got to advice me about the Rom upgrade...I have did it all but it still can't work!!
Overall, this phone is for people who want great features but who does not use any of the extra features except to answer phone calls. (But let me warn you, I heard it got problem too!!)
Conclusion its a terrible phone with a horrible customer service department!!
atom made by quanta,but quanta poor software RD,E-TEN and Quanta together to take on HTC.
wtf?? u sure abt ur comment juggernut?? ive installed over 20 programs on my atom, nothing has ever wrong with the phone since i bought it 3 months ago n sure its still running fast in every way..u sure know how to use ur pda?????????