This phone sucks big time, the QWERTY pad is utterly useless, it freezes a lot, multimedia capabilities is garbage.
Hi. I'm using a O2 XDA Zinc in Malaysia with Maxis 3G connection. Runs perfect. No problem. I'm not sure what you mean by no connectivity. If you are still having problems, upgrade the software to WM6 professional (Available on the O2 website)
I own a 02 Zinc, for some reason my Outlook Contact and Calendar is missing?
Is there any way I can reinstall the whole hardware.
(a) Is that the right action to pursue?
(b) If yes, which prg should I download and where can I get iy. I bought hardware 2nd hand, so no prog disk came with it.
mat,stop talking nonsense.im from malaysia also and i got no problem using it with celcom,digi,maxis.unless u bought the phone from overseas.other than that,stop talking nonsense and shaming malaysian for your stupidity.
hi, i'm from malaysia. my question is, my o2 cannot use several operator line, why this problem happen?
Anonymous, 26 May 2009en yazid, greetings.. my name ridzuan. i just bought this pda for about 2 months ago (2nd hand... morein reply to your questions here it is.
1. press power on and reset for hard reset.
2. software to use is, microsoft active sync 4.5 or later, downloadle from microsoft.com
3. the same software may apply for laptop synchronization and internet connection.
4. you may synchronize everything, including task,email (when set correctly), notes, contacts, and the same, you may install new programs, backup contacts from your phone, etc.
5. there is still no upgrade of software from WM 5 to WM 6.5, however there are sites which shares freely their ported os with the same model, modded. and if your courageous enough and not afraid to brick your phone, try this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=259, remember, be responsible for all your actions.
thank you moderators. sorry for the link....just wanted to help...:) good day always...
yazid, 21 May 2009i have been using O2 xda zinc WM5 almost 2 yrs. I have nothing facing any problem on this mode... moreen yazid, greetings.. my name ridzuan. i just bought this pda for about 2 months ago (2nd hand). im still searching for someone who can answer to my question :
1. how to format this pda?
2. what is the software for me to interface with this pda when i connect it to my laptop?
3. how "synchronization" help me to make this pda run smoothly (what is the significant & how to apply to my pda)
4. what is the most latest windows mobile that can suit to this pda (im still using wm 5.0)
appreciate if u can help me. really need to know the answer. can u email me?
i have been using O2 xda zinc WM5 almost 2 yrs. I have nothing facing any problem on this model. It's easy to use. What i am always practice is to syncro my phone with my notebook almost every week to keep my phone running smoothly. I already upgraded my ROM avaiable in the website. pls, don't disturb the file explorer if you are not use to it. Any Missing file will make yr phone unstable. Those who are not fimiliar with computer, i belive will facing a problem using PDA phone.
when power o2, my mobile`s display show o2 welcome.
and stop. overall dose not instal windows, so dosen`t work,and Ican`t know my mobile to computer, beacuse can`t conect to it.
My xda zinc is not booting. Its stuck on Windows Mobile. I have done soft / hard reset but couldn't fix the issue. Can someone advise what could be the issue and how to fix this?
my o2 lcd went white last day and i have nothing now and its battery is hot.when i turn it on i only have a white lcd.please if any one knows sth help me!!! :(
i greatly appreciate1
my email is email@example.com
O2xda is my most expensive phone but i sold it after 5 months for a quarter of its original price just to get rid of it. its the most frustrating, disppointing, disgustingand useless phone i've ever had. i almost threw it out of frustration. i will never buy an O2 again.NEVER AGAIN! 02 IS NOTHING BUT JUNK!
piece of junk in my honest opinion. been using for more than a year. had to deal with button not working, can't disconect call with button, hanging.
the latest problem that is most irritating is the phone disconnect from the mobile network. The phone still shows that it has signal but when you try to text or call it will fail. You have to reset the phone or on/off from the wireless manager.
Am using the latest rom already. Hay............so frustrating. Would NOT recommend this phone to anyone.
Support is pathetic...........
Hold the navigation UP button and do a hard reset. This reinstalls the software and it works fine for sometime. also upgrade the ROM from http://www.myxda.com/xda-zinc_wm6_1.aspx. Hope this solves the issue
noside_143, 11 Dec 2008OMG people... i've been using this phone running 2yrs now... all of your problems and whining ... morehi, my o2 will shut down itself once the battery reaches 60 plus %, will it help if i upgrade wm? thanks.