If you’re running an Open Beta on your OnePlus 3 or 3T, you’ll find an improved OnePlus Launcher in the next version along with several other updates.
The Open Beta release for the 3 reaches version 19, the one for the 3T is now at 10. Both weigh 1.5GB so you better download them over Wi-Fi. You’ll find the complete changelog below, but here are the highlights.
The phone will now display the battery charge of connected Bluetooth devices and Bluetooth compatibility has been improved in general. Call related features have been polished, including “dazzling” animations.
The OnePlus Launcher (now at v2.1) features dynamic icons for the Weather and Calendar apps. You can customize the grid of the homescreen and those settings are independent of pixel density changes. Also, app discoverability has been improved – new apps get a blue dot, recently searched apps show up in the app drawer history.
Owners of OnePlus 3 can head here for a download link, 3T users go here.
All new OnePlus Launcher v2.1:
- Supports dynamic icons for Weather and Calendar
- Added ‘Home screen layout’ under launcher settings for grid and icon customizations
- Grid layout will be kept irrespective of display size changes
- Added search history records in app drawer, displaying the 5 most recent apps on the first row
- Newly installed apps will now be tagged with a blue dot for easier recognition
- You can access icon pack resources on the Play store directly under launcher settings
- User interface improvements during widget selection
- Launcher version information is now visible under launcher settings
- Added an option to display battery status of connected bluetooth devices
- Added OnePlus widget (Not usable on Shelf)
- Email address recognition within the text message contents
- Size of clock widget is now adjustable
- Updated UI style for Clock
- Smart Callback works even better now
- Incoming call animations are more dazzling than ever
- OnePlus font optimizations for select languages
- Compatibility optimizations for various bluetooth devices