Any other non-curved edges 1440x3168 pixel AMOLED Fluid AMOLED 1B colors that has 120hz refresh rate that HAS NO punch-hole smartphone that anyone can recommend to me?
Had missed out a point while sharing my experience previously....
If you are a hardcore gamer then you can consider ROG 3, which have a better battery, SD 865+ processor. It even costs 5K lesser than OnePlus 8 pro in India.
2 majore things to consider while buying the ROG 3 are, its heavy and have even bigger footprint than OP 8 pro
Using my OP 8 pro since 3 weeks.....
This is the best available Flagship device at this budget.
I know its very expensive, but still its the best available flagship for the price in India.
This is my experience with OP 8 pro and S20 Plus(Exynos version)
I had an S20 plus but was really disappointed about the battery and performance. Luckily got a good offer and sold it off and bought Oneplus 8 pro 256gb version which is still 17K cheaper than S20 Plus.
I don't care about 5g at this point as we don't have any 5g network available now. And it might take another couple of years atleast.
First things first, Luckily I am not having any display issue in my device, its June manufactured, Green, 256gb variant.
Pro's Compared to Exynos S20 Plus :
1. Better performance and heat management due to SD 865.
2. QHD resolution & 120HZ combination available.
3. Awesome battery performance. I am constantly getting more than 60min sot in the above said setup . Even more sot if i reduce the resolution to FHD+ and 120hz combination.
4. Oxygen OS is simply awesome. Lite and snappy. Almost no bloatware or duplicate apps.
5. Image quality is excellent but will have cooler tone than usual sometime. Selfi quality had improved after recent update.
6. Alert slider is really useful.
7. Highest variant ie, 256gb, 12gb ram costs almost 18k less than S20 plus having half the memory and ram.
8. Display is gorgeous, I can even say its better than S20 Plus. I am mentioning this poin lastly caus it completly depends on how is the display in your 8 pro. If you find any green tint or black crush or other issues then bad luck. If not then you will be few like me who will proudly say its better than S20....
Where S20 have an edge:
1. One UI is much more customisable.
2. Better zoom camera performance.
3. Better selfi Video performance at 4K 60fps.
4. You will get AKG earphones in the box.
5. Have hybrid memory expandable option.
6. S20 plus is bit compact and lite...
Image quality with both Main and Ultra wide lense are almost similar. But 8 Pro have an awesome macro mode.
Both device have very good stereo speakers, good haptic feed back , ip 68 ratings, wireless charger, no headphone jacks.....
If you are in India and want a flagship device and your budget is 60K then my suggestion is to go with OnePlus 8 pro.
If you are brand loyal and want a samsung device then please import an S20 Plus SD 865 Version which is much better than Exynos version available in India.
Hope this might help you make your decision....
Aftab Amanullah, 17 Jun 2020Oneplus negative points- 4th camera (colour filter) is just a dummy now after update, no 65w f... moreOukitel or doogee got IR cameras, Blackview and Cat - Thermal. Forget those who got scared by their own tech.
im kinda amazed with this phone because the ultrawide has 48MP too.
I think mostly Indian made models are having the display issues other than that i have a European and Chinese both models and they don't have any such issues, also mostly Indians are complaining the most
Anonymous, 16 Jul 2020Like really in India even a iPhone 11 pro max have problems what's wrong with these people Dude Not Everyone Is From Your Perfect Candyland. Even Iphone 11 May Have Problems Why Shouldn't It Have! Try To Change Your Perspective About Indians. You And Your Comment Looks Really Cheap Here.
This phone stil have display problems?I really wana buy this monster but im not sure anymore.. reading all this coments and watching youtube videos. Sorry for my english im from austria lp
Are the display issue of oneplus 8 pro still there?
Are they hardware related or software related?