Blind Sleep 1.oneplus nord have better specs then google 4a. 2.only thing pixal have it camera quality 3. being cheapskate doesn’t give a right complain about everything that why company price hard get right so much complainer 4. if phone company main building in China then it cheaper
Subramanian CN, 05 Aug 2020I think the camera processor of 765G is not up to the mark. That's the reason why Pixel 4... moreGoogle went with the SD 730G because it's cheaper. Google is just better at creating good camera software.
"There is no God higher than Truth", as said by Sri.Mahatma Gandhi. Though I said that OnePlus Nord isn't good enough, doesn't mean that it is a bad phone. I just say that it is not a justified product (in many ways) from a renowned company OnePlus. As I've already told, if this was projected as a budget device with specs similar to Pixel 4a, it would've helped consumers who doesn't have deep pockets to experience their OxygenOS - UI. Pixel 4a wins just because of its camera without which it'll fail undoubtedly.
Google's USP is their camera.
OnePlus's USP is their UI.
Why the Pixel 4A did a better price-performance compromise:
1. 5G is still not widely available.
2. Dirt cheap for what you are getting performance wise.
3. Gorilla Glass 3 over GG5. People can always buy a tempered glass.
4. Rear fingerprint scanner. Not a deal breaker unlike the audio jack.
5. Stereo speakers over mono speakers.
6. A single but exceptional camera. Not everyone needs an ultrawide and definitely nobody needs macro and depth.
7. Plastic rear. Who needs a glass back when the phone feels solid anyway?
8. No IP Rating and Wireless Charging. Again, acceptable price compromise.
9. No 90Hz screen. Not a deal breaker as long as the screen is bright and clear.
10. Acceptable battery life despite the smaller capacity.
Learn from your mistakes and make a better Nord 2.
OnePlus mantra Never Settle then built a plastic smartphone with no headphone jack and headphones as usual (like their top tier offerings) SMH FP
I think the camera processor of 765G is not up to the mark. That's the reason why Pixel 4a has gone for 730 SOC since it is camera centric mobile.
Anonymous, 04 Aug 2020which phone preferred, among oneplus nord and xiaomi redmi note 9 pro maxOneplus nord
The name OxygenOS shouldn't be read as Oxygen Operating System. OxygenOS is just an User Interface - UI over Android Operating System. It is just a Launcher/Skin provided by OnePlus. Competing devices from other brands has their own Launchers/Skins provided by the respective manufacturers.
Just to add to my comment below....
Things the Nord did right:
1. Midrange processor to cut cost
2. 90hz bright screen
3. Non-curved screen - A curved screen is utterly useless
4. Acceptable fast charging
5. Removing IP Rating to reduce cost
6. Screen size is OK but can be smaller - To distinguish 8/8+
Things the Nord did wrong:
REMOVING THE AUDIO JACK
1. Questionable build / Plastic frame
2. Inferior camera performance (how can you mess up the color?)
3. Using gimmick cameras for marketing
4. Twin selfie camera
5. Mono speakers
6. Average battery life / Battery optimization problems
7. Overpriced -- Price does not justify the features or lack of it
8. Looking like a Realme clone - Unimaginative design team
You can fix all these problems with Nord 2. If you really want to beat all the bigger and more popular phone manufacturers out there.
Subramanian CN, 04 Aug 2020When designing a phone, manufacturers forget about rivals and finally blame ultimate consumers... moreVery well said. The staff and leadership at OnePlus should read this post.
OnePlus had the perfect opportunity for a reboot or a rebirth but they blew it. Instead of TRULY reinventing themselves, they came out with an expensive plastic phone with features not proportional to its price. Because of what? "Brand equity" and the supposed superiority of their OS? How many users will actually know the difference of their "fluid" OS. Most people simply want to run their games without lagging or hanging. Most customers don't care if their OS is as fast as Pixel or as slow as Xiaomi as long as the apps and games work.
Instead of coming up with new aesthetics, they basically came up with a Teal-colored Realme clone. Why do you need a documentary featuring the design of the phone when it's a simple copycat of their sister company's phones? Save the budget for marketing and spend it on people who can actually come up with a new, fresh design for your new line of phones.
I haven't seen a phone this featured in countless blogs, vlogs and review websites. Obviously their strategy is to overwhelm the customer base with social media and online exposure. This, instead of coming up with a truly one of a kind phone.
You want to make something new?
1. Wide-angle selfie camera. Everyone has had a hard time taking groupfies with many people so why not use a single wide angled camera with AF? If it's a solo shot, the person can simply place the phone closer or crop the photo.
2. If Pixel 3a and 4a decided they can live with single camera BUT on a solidly made phone, you can come up with a phone with 2 usable cameras that take good photos. 1 main camera with OIS, AF and a bright lens and big sensor. Plus another ultra wide angle camera with AF. Both should be optimized for night shots to set them apart from competition. They could have copied Sony by integrating two 12MP cameras with big Sony sensors. Instead of standing out against the competition, they simply copied the gimmicks of other mid-level companies.
3. There is absolutely no excuse to exclude the 3.5mm audio jack and this is the worst mistake they have done. Assuming they want to capture the customer base of Realme/Xiaomi/Oppo/Vivo and even Samsung/Google/Apple, why would you take this out of a middle range phone? These people wouldn't have wireless earbuds.
4. Is a stereo speaker too difficult to ask? You are charging premium dollars for a midrange phone. Why skimp on this?
5. Why make a "new" phone that looks and feels like your Realme brothers? Why not copy the simple and minimalist but sturdy/solid design and feel of the Pixel phones or the Poco F1? It's the Pixel that you want to beat right? Did you even study the kind of people that buy a Pixel phone? They don't want a cheap plasticky phone.
6. Why downgrade the quality of your cameras? The LEAST you could have done was to make it at par with the OnePlus 8. Are you scared to lose the sales of your OP8 phones?
7. Battery life has always been a champion of midrange phones. If your battery optimization has a problem, then put a bigger battery on it! Same company but you can't implement the same optimization as the 8 and 8+? Why?
8. Why insist on a in-display fingerprint scanner? Rear or side scanners are faster and more accurate. And they can lower the price. People can live with rear/side scanners better than they can WITHOUT A HEADPHONE JACK.
OnePlus is basically asking people to shun away Pixel and Iphone SE for a more expensive version of a Realme phone with OxygenOS. If this isn't stupidity, I don't know what is.
TO PHONE MANUFACTURERS, IT IS NOT DIFFICULT TO BE DIFFERENT, TO STAND OUT. JUST LOOK AT SONY AND MAKE A CHEAPER VERSION OF THEIR PHONES WITHOUT SACRIFICING TOO MUCH. WE SIMPLY WANT A NO NON-SENSE PHONE WITHOUT THE GIMMICKS.
When designing a phone, manufacturers forget about rivals and finally blame ultimate consumers. Some consumers are price conscious, some are quality conscious and some are both. There was a day when marketing did the trick. But now, consumers are thoroughly educated and informed. I'll not say that there are too many rivals but, I'd definitely say that there are too many variants. What consumers expected from OnePlus is a good budget device with the specs of Pixel 4a though Pixel 4a is not a budget device but a midrange device. There aren't consumers who complain about the plastic build of Realme C3 because it is priced accordingly. Hence, the question is not about plastic but, it is about price to quality ratio. Though every manufacturer know that it is not the pixel count that makes a camera do wonders, they still prefer high mega pixel cameras, the exception being Apple and SONY mobiles. Instead, if they focus on camera software like Google, even a simple 12MP camera can do wonders. I truly accept that OnePlus UI is extremely good but, the fact is that, it is still based on Android OS. OnePlus UI can do the trick only if it becomes a full fledged Operating System in itself like iOS. The equation is simple. Being a flagship manufacturer for all these years, if OnePlus doesn't wish to give up their pride to manufacture a phone with simple specs and appearances they shouldn't enter the segment without which their credibility is lost. Though I definitely accept that there can't be a device which can fulfill every expectation of every consumer, there can be one which can ethically designate its quality, performance and price.
Does it have IP rating?
which phone preferred, among oneplus nord and xiaomi redmi note 9 pro max
5g but no wifi 6. what were those idiots thinking
Please suggest which one is better one plus nord or Reno 4 pro?
for build quality, i m warping a skin, so no problem with plastic frame. For the useless cameras, i am not gonna use it anyway. Nord already had good reputation with main camera , so that will be enough. Beside, i choose this because it run oxygen os and has 90Hz hdr oled screen at a pretty great price. Overall, i choose this because it is a oneplus phone.
Dhanush M Ambli, 03 Aug 2020Hi Guys, I have S9 and I'm looking for second phone pls suggest me which will be better o... moreWhat do you mean by second phone? Like a backup phone? And what would you be looking for in a second phone?
OnePlus nord use 5g chip which cost extra 8 to 10,000 Rs. in india 5g will come in next 2 or 3 years
so, why Indian give extra 10,000 gor 5g even 5g is not ready here it is better to launch OnePlus nord LTE version with Sd 835, 845 for Indian customer and price is decreased to 4 to 5000 easily..