Rdr, 22 May 2016I have been using this phone for one month. this is a good phone. The phone is very Snappy. Th... moreThese are my honest views after using Oppo F1 Plus for almost two months:
1) The F1 Plus as you pointed out has a Super AMOLED display which is good. But I found it seriously lacks in overall brightness aspect. As I have used quite a few Oppo & Vivo phones in the past, I have generally seen both brands end up using Samsung Super AMOLED displays as both are owned by BBK Electronics of China.
That said the best Super AMOLED display I have come across is on the Vivo X5Max. I own this phone (due to stellar audio quality over headphones) and it not only have better color reproduction but accuracy & vividness are way better than my Oppo F1 Plus. Also X5Max has way superior brightness at 432 nits where as F1 Plus coughs up just 351 nits which proves my point. The legibility under direct sunlight is way better in X5Max.
F1 Plus display reminds me of last year Samsung A7 display with the same yellowish tinge and brightness levels as my mom uses this phone. While all these three phones ends up using 5.5 inch 1080p Samsung AMOLED displays with the same "diamond pentile matrix", I found A7 & F1 Plus suspiciously have more or less equal display characteristics while and in having near identical brightness of 349 vs 351 nits. I believe F1 Plus in having last year Samsung A7 display, which is just passable for an AMOLED display quality.
2) Regarding the fingerprint scanner, I have found my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 & Oppo F1 Plus to be equally fast, I cannot detect any microsecond advantage here. So it is 50/50 here.
3) Oppo F1 Plus has the cheapest and worst processor you can ever find in any flagship device. Period. Seriously a pesky MediaTek P10 chipset on a INR 27K flagship device? I laughed for the first five minutes after looking at its specs and also the AnTuTu benchmark.
Meizu will give you an identical performance with the same processor with their M3 Note at just INR 10K!!! And seriously my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with its Snapdragon 650 chipset basically stampedes my F1 Plus in gaming and overall performance. And it costs just INR 12K!!! Even Vivo with their mid-end models like V3Max provides an ultra fast processor, namely Snapdragon 652 and is still cheaper at INR 24K!!!
4) Oppo F1 Plus is not for power users. Period. In games it smokes around my year old LeEco Le 1s (INR 11K ) which comes with a beefy Mediatek Helios X10 chipset and awesome built quality. I am not even considering better phones in the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or Vivo V3Max.
5) The performance of F1 Plus cameras (both front and rear) is unreasonably low for its sky high price in India. I expected a lot from my Oppo flagship, as they are known for their camera performance but was bitterly disappointing in this respect. If it was priced at around INR 14K I would have said this is an excellent phone for its price, but this is not the case here.
6) There are many good looking phones available now-a-days. If you want a solid all metal build 5.5 inch 1080p display smartphone with 2.5 D glass you can get it at INR 10K with Meizu M3 Note in India. You do not have to poke INR 27K for a Oppo F1 Plus just for this reason. And yeah both comes with the same processor to boot.
7) The Oppo F1 Plus charges very fast with its VOCC charging tech. This is the only positive I found in this phone. Though the battery is quite small at 2850 mAh for a 5.5 inch device, the weak Mediatek P10 processor sips down the charge quite slowly and the battery backup last for a day.
8) If you say the Xiaomi Mi 5 with the mighty Snapdragon 820 chipset and latest Android Marshmallow OS is a joke, it only proves you have not used it. Contrary to your belief I think Xiaomi have pulled the biggest joke on Oppo by pricing their flagship with way potent hardware and software at a lower price than Oppo F1 Plus!!!
9) I love music and the F1 Plus has the lowest quality audio output I have ever experienced in any smartphone. Period. Low is volume, worse stereo separation.. it seems Oppo has given no importance to audio lovers in their flagship phone.
9) Lastly, I won't recommend the Oppo F1 Plus to anyone. Honestly I have used a lot of smartphones, and this Oppo f1 Plus is a joke for its asking price. Weak processor, low quality display, custom OS still based on age old Android Lollipop, sub standard cameras and the list goes on.....
If you are a power user steer clear from this Oppo and gun for cheaper while way powerful units like Xiaomi Mi5 or even a Vivo V3Max. They have very good built quality. If you are just a casual user and looks are of primary importance then a Meizu M3 Note at one third the price of the Oppo F1 Plus will suffice your needs. :)
I have been using this phone for one month. this is a good phone. The phone is very Snappy. The back camera is reasonably good in this price range. And front camera is good too. Thing is you can't possibly compare this phone with a higher priced Samsung Galaxy phone. You can't possibly get a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge for the same price. Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge would be the better phone hands down. So people should compare this phone with phones in similar price range. Let me tell you the points that justify the price of this phone. First comes the AMOLED display the AMOLED display is undoubtedly better, more contrasty, bright and vibrant looking compared to similar phones. Then comes the fingerprint reader which is blazing fast and accurate at the same time and you can always search YouTube to find that this statement is true. Then comes the form factor, the phone looks stunning and well-built the front 2.5 D glass looks good too. I was using a redmi note 3 before this and despite the theoriticaly weaker processor this phone is ways faster in app loading and ram management compared to that. If there is one place that this phone out performs Samsung s6, its the battery life. Samsung s6 has one of the shittiest battery life ever and you can easily spend one day with this phone with more than enough charge remaining. I am a heavy user and I can easily get 6 hours screen on time. You can charge the full battery within one hour which is absolutely brilliant. Please don't compare this to a higher priced Samsung Galaxy phone. Every phone has its pros and cons, for example the RAM management in the xiaomi MI5 is a joke, apps gets closed within five minutes of opening, where as you can multitask with great ease in this phone. And please don't be that guy who gets fooled by specifications. Take the phone in your hand, use it for some time and then you can get the real taste of the phone. I currently have a xiaomi redmi Note 3 an Asus Zenfone selfie and then the f1 plus and to be honest I prefer the f1 Plus. One thing I cant tell anything about is the gaming performance because I don't game on my phone. And the front camera in my opinion is good if not great I'd like the people who are bashing this phone, to recommend a phone with a better front camera if they may. Hope this helps people who are researching this phone.
Jake, 22 May 2016Was that a Joke, mate ??
Lol :-PThat was not a joke, mate. :)
My friend owns a year old Samsung S6 Edge. When compared to the Samsung, my Oppo F1 Plus turned out to be a joke, mate. :"(
Hence I have gifted it to my teen sister.
AnonD-536896, 21 May 2016Â“Created with LoveÂ”
When you get the best in the phone that too so many things together in ... moreWith all those huge 16MP sized low quality and washed out images coming out of my Oppo F1 Plus selfie camera, I overlooked the different modes that came with it. I had a look at the panorama mode now and the story remains the same. Low quality and washed out panorama images that are of no good use. The F1 Plus was gifted to me or else it would have been a complete waste of money at INR 27K.
Also this Oppo flagship device ships with the cheapest MediaTek chipset, the P10. While playing Asphalt 8, it continuously dropped frames and got heated up. My INR 10K, LeEco Le 1s Eco with MediaTek X10 had two times better performance than F1 Plus in gaming. Personally I will rate the Le 1s to be a better phone than F1 Plus.
Â“Created with LoveÂ”
When you get the best in the phone that too so many things together in one phone like a combo pack then it is really very hard to identify which one to trust more. But Oppo F1 plus has panorama mode for their selfies that can be trusted much more than anything else. The best part of Oppo F1 plus than vivo v3 max is this.
AnonD-536896, 20 May 2016Â“Fully AwesomeÂ” When you are trying to search the best phone of the year you definitely end... moreGo get yourself a Samsung S7 Edge or a LG G5. You will then realize what it takes to be the best phone of the year. After a month use of Oppo F1 Plus, I believe it is good for "Crap phone of the year" award. :)
AnonD-539403, 20 May 2016How to order online and any discount??where do you stay bro ?
When you are trying to search the best phone of the year you definitely end up in two conclusions they are Oppo F1 plus and vivo v3 max. The Oppo F1 plus was found out to be best out of rest because of few reasons. First one is it has 2b years of warranty and 30 days of replacement guarantee. The best part can be counted as this.
sunil, 17 May 2016I fully agree with above analysis. Oppo F1 totally disappointed me. I own Samsung Notes 4 wit... moreThe front camera has 16 megapixels and that's it. It has no quality and takes low quality washed out pictures. Even my way cheaper Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 takes better selfies than this Oppo F1 Plus junk. I previously never used Oppo phones, but after being gifted their so called "flagship" F1 Plus I had a very bad experience with it.
And this phone priced at crazy unjustified INR 27K in India seriously lacks in hardware department. I mean a pesky Mediatek P10 on a "flagship" device? Even their sister concern Vivo seems to be less greedy and ships their V3Max with a way more powerful Snapdragon 625 and 4 gigs of RAM while being cheaper.
I will never buy or advice anyone to buy this phone.
RishiGuru, 14 May 2016After using the F1 Plus for over a month, here are my observations: The 16 MP front selfie ... moreI fully agree with above analysis. Oppo F1 totally disappointed me. I own Samsung Notes 4 with which I can beat most of the professional camera and I bought Oppo F1 as second phone mainly attracted by its 16 Mp selfie but I curse myself now. selfie quality is too bad. Phone itself is Ok but not worth for 27K.
Anonymous, 17 May 2016I love Meizu note 3 the design is like Oppo F1 Plus more cheaper.Amazing isn't it!!! Meizu provides us a more or less an equivalent quality device in M3 Note at almost one third the price of Oppo F1 Plus. I like Meizu phones too. I believe the reason behind this huge price difference is due to the different marketing strategies followed by both companies.
BBK brands Oppo & Vivo make huge marketing investments in popular events of the country. Oppo this year invested INR 150 crore (above US $22 million) as per Economic Times of India. Then they rope in super starts from film industry like Rithik Roshan for Oppo and Ranveer Singh for Vivo paying them huge amounts of money. All this tons of money are spend by their marketing departments to create buzz in consumer minds and to gain respect. But all these crores of rupees spend needs to get back to BBK with additional profits if the company wants to stay alive. So every Vivo or Oppo handset we purchase contains a large amount of donation to their marketing department expenses spent on global event sponsoring and paying flimstars. Hence their smartphones gets unjustifiably expensive.
Xiaomi, Lenovo, Meizu and LeEco on the other hand follows different marketing strategy. They as of now only sells mobile online, they do not need spend money to erect an offline sales structure like Vivo or Oppo. They do not rope in any flimstars to gain popularity, and do not invest millions of dollars in sponsoring mega events. Hence they have very minimal marketing expenses. Thus their phones are much cheaper as we do not have to donate money for their marketing expenses.
And contrary to belief Oppo do not provide better quality hardware than its Chinese sisters mentioned above. However to justify their hefty price any of their sales rep will say so.
Revealing the ultimate truth to end consumers I have this strange feeling this post is going get deleted soon as multiple Oppo sells reps will now get active and report this post as a spam. If it so happens at least we will be aware their are plenty of Oppo sales reps who are actively trying to promote their models in GSMArena. Let's wait and see
It was really very tough for me to find out which smart phone is latest trendy. The most important part for me was to see which phone has got the best camera. But I had to give a thought over the camera phone. The major difference between Oppo F1 plus and vivo v3 max does not matter much but the camera phone that is Oppo F1 has 16 megapixel front camera phone. But the front camera of vivo v3 Max is 8 megapixel.
jo, 16 May 2016Ma whatsapp notifications are not sometimes not receiving until i open it.....plz someone help... moreIt's a security feature.without ur permission ur apps won't read ur any personal contain..