i want buy a new phone, which one should i choose oppo f1s or vivo v5?
Oppo is locking the bootloader and only let user stucked in their non developed colorOS and ancient lollipop. Don't buy F1 series, as the users is dead together with the non upgrade able android version.
Phone is not user friendly,, please add select all option while selecting photos and songs.. it irritates me a lot to select each phots,, few minutes back I had to select 535 phots manually.....
MobileMan, 01 Jan 2017There is lot of confusion between J7 Prime & Oppo F1s , so to clarify i give my one month ... moreHello, my name is emily and im a 15 year old who is on my tablet everyday on the internet. I would like to buy this phone because as a teenager i love to use my social media but having a tablet makes it hard to use social media on the go. I will be purchasing the oppo f1s at jb hi fi as soon as they get it in stock (sometime this week) i have a few questions...
1. If you are a user of snapchat does the camera quality change when using the app?
2. Is snapchat even compatible with this version? (android 5.1)
3. Are other social medias such as: instagram, twitter, facebook, houseparty, tumblr etc.. compatible with this device?
4. Also, does youtube work? And is the quality of streaming videos bad?
5. What are the important factors with the device being android 5.1 lolliepop version?
Please respond as soon as you can because i will be buying this phone shortly...
MobileMan, 01 Jan 2017There is lot of confusion between J7 Prime & Oppo F1s , so to clarify i give my one month ... moreI couldn't agree more - Oppo seems to win out against J7 Prime Specs:
1. Apps cannot be transferred to the SD card, yes, but who cares? Videos and photos and other items can be placed there.
2. Camera is superb, I took couple of selfies new year night and it was totally dark outside but still the front cam gave me bright images.
3. BATTERY! I really love the battery life! I was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon classic for about 3 hours and it only took around 25% of the battery - isn't that something?
I don't know about J7 Prime since I don't own one but my friend does and he was jealous about my Oppo's camera!
wifi doesn't work well in oppo f1s? It is a great phone but network capacity is very low. I like it. But I hate its Wi-Fi and network capacity. please tell me it is its real faut or my oppo f1s only has such problems.
Yes , oppo has weak wifi signal , I have not observed speed issues but range is like 2.4 ghz b/g/n , not like a/b/g/n , I.e signal is strong only across one room else it gets disconnected , le 2 of le tv also shows strong wifi signal but not oppo f1s n the next room
Mohsin Shahzad, 29 Dec 2016I was hopping great from OPPO F1s when I was switching from Samsung but this phone and company... moreI regret oppo f1s 64 gb
Android 5.1 its 2 decade old
Oppo need to provide atleast android 6 update immediately
Anonymous, 30 Dec 2016There is no such problem in oppo f1s, oppo is so friendly that it has given 4 software updates... moreAnd this!!
Anonymous, 30 Dec 2016There is no such problem in oppo f1s, oppo is so friendly that it has given 4 software updates... moreAnd this....!!!
Anonymous, 30 Dec 2016There is no such problem in oppo f1s, oppo is so friendly that it has given 4 software updates... moreRead this
There is lot of confusion between J7 Prime & Oppo F1s , so to clarify i give my one month ownership review :-
1) Oppo F1s come with 2 versions : 32 GB & 64 GB , Yes , you cant move apps to SD card , but is 64 & 32 GB not enough ( 55 + GB you get for Apps , & 24+ GB in 32 GB version ) so i think its more than enough on J7 Prime you get 16 GB incl. on J7. Its very less.
2) Telephonic calls are as clear as Samsung J7 , its loud & Clear , Cell Network Range Pickup is also very good. I repeat its loud & Clear Just as in samsung. It also has low SAR value ( 0.314 on body , 0.334 on ear ).
3) Screen Quality : Its an excellent IPS Display with contrast ratio : 1000 : 1 , just see GSMArena review where the figures are given , its an excellent & Good Brightness capable 720p Screen , even PPI is more than enough, still its a 720P screen & i do feel oppo could have used slightly higher chipset to give us 1080p screen. But still screen is excellent 720p stuff. Yes , J7 Prime has an 1080p PLS TFT LCD screen but it uses Inferior tech thanks to PLS it has good contrast ratio but is dimmer & dull display than Oppo F1s or J7. The J7 has best display among the 3 at 720P AMOLED with infinite contrast & Popping colours.
4) Speed & Daily Usage : I have played 6 Games , Facebook was updating , Whatsapp was on i.e. total 11 apps in background & i did ANtutu test i got 40292. ( Without so many apps you get 45000 on Antutu ) , its fast & lag free. I Anyways feel Android has improved by leaps & Bound from Android 4.0 onwards.
5) OS - What can i say , the OS is absolute iOS rip off. Everything is photocopy of IOS excluding a few setting or dials here - there. I love iOS OS & i admit infront of touchwiz this OS is just so Fluid & Polish , i feel color OS is optimized for mediatek MT6750 as i feel they Gel along together well i.e. Lag-Free. ( Even GSMArena says its a iOS rip-off )
6) Camera : Now i consider myself an Photographer Enthusiast : The selfie camera is just good it has enough clarity , mind you i have observed various 8 MP Selfie camera of samsung or OnePlus & i can say selfie are made just for better video or clear photo quality & in comparison 16MP of OPPO is just good. The rear camera is made better as they are meant to shoot landscapes or people etc. & the rear camera of OPPO F1s is much better than J7 or J7 Prime , Please note : J7 or J7 Prime has BSI 1/3.06" camera whereas i believe OPPO has 1/3.06" next gen BSI live Purecell of Omnivision or ISOCELL or Exmor RS of Samsung or Sony , i am saying from camera performance , but not sure which company sensor it has despite f/2.2 the photos are better than J7 Prime or J7 in daylight , there is mode to shoot RAW files so you could Photoshop , or there is UltraHD mode , to shoot upto 50MP. Now I Pixel - peek on 50MP photos & i can clarify that the 50MP photos are atleast as clear as 16 MP Photos of samsung ISOCELL sensor ( I.e. as good as samsung C7 or C9 Camera , these models are only launched in China but will release world wide ) . Compare this with 13MP BSI sensor of J7 & you wont buy J7 if you are camera lover , the PRO mode of F1s has shutter adjustment , meant full manual control unlike on samsung. The only thing i observed F1s has poor edge to edge sharpness , again colour balance is poor at edge of photos ( You want see this without pixel peeping to full resolution ) . That is not issue with J7 or J7 Prime , but F1s has much better overall camera clarity.
Review is continued....