Here is my final conclusion.
Actually i checked a lot of Set under 20000 before buying it.
Wat i found is
Panasonic p81= Grand 2>>Lenovo s920, k900, xperia c,Grand, XOLO 2000, Xolo 3000=Micromax Turbo ,canvas and all..
Battery Life is fantastic...Camera in Grand 2 is better.But still a nice camera for a normal user like me.. Its camera u can compare with Grand but speed is very fast of Panasonic p81....
How to get the phone updated to kitkat?... & does Panasonic promise to give this anymore further future updates?.... it would definitely awesome if it updated to the kitkat android version.
I have owned this phone for over a month now & am a pro in handling Android phones plus root user, firstly, gsmarena should change the rating of this phone to atleast 8 as it deserves every bit of it. following are the cons, who wants to know pro when we know pro of this device is superb.
1) Camera users: KINDLY AVOID BUYING THIS PHONE, ITS CAMERA IS JUST NOT WORTH IT, AVERAGE VERY VERY AVERAGE
2) RAM Blamers: Dont blame the manufacturers for not putting in 2GB RAM unless you could not find any other device which lived up to your requirements, so this one is not the only phone on this earth that we curse the RAM, its enough RAM to do multitasking however not recommended for medium to hard core gamers (tested all possible games, from experience), so its superb for low to ok gamers from Playing perspective.
3) Download Manager : Is not all that perfect as it doesnt seem to hold on to downloading in the background well enough like old android phones could(Solution , use another one which is more reliable)
4) Front led blinker, I am not very happy about not being able to get this to work for other apps as its dedicated to work only for missed calls,low/full battery & sms pretty much, even my basic device i had before this could be modded for led experiments
5) MRP of this device should have begun around 14K and the best price that can be offered is around 13K that snapdeal is offering ATM.
6) Recent app history, does not come up easily on double tap if you multi task, moreover there are missing apps from running apps and mostly found in history or not at all ( I am using floating app switcher etc)
7) In Built junk apps, there are way too many apps in stock rom, you definitely need root to use this phone, if you dont, you will end up with RAM around 400MB or less.
8) No Stock ROM link available in case of losing core data , no customization for this phone yet, thank God I could use Framaroot to root it.
9) Flip cover in the package is not good, it wont help protect the phone and God forbid you drop the phone, you would probably end up damaging phone more so using flip cover than avoid using it (solution: Had to buy a magnetic pouch for its protection)
10) Last but not the least,Phone is good built but not enough that you can go out trekking without worrying about it getting damaged for little mistakes, I am not a rugged user, but this is not meant for travellers who are exposed to natural sorroundings more unless your phone is protected.
hi i want buy a phone (p81or mac.nitro) to using special for net search plese suggest me which is better for it?
rs, 12 Aug 2014I am not receiving notification light for whatsapp messages, do others face the same issue ??Not Able to change whats app notification tone. (it have options for default tone & none option). also whatsapp shortcut doesn't show no of unread messages.
DO U TOO FACE THESE PROBLEMS
DID U CHANGE WHATSAPP TONE?
hi bought P81 & using for 2 days. loved this phone. but need some help from u
1:How to add app on app window/ multi window
2:Not Able to change whats app notification tone. (it have options for default tone & none option). also whatsapp shortcut doesn't show no of unread messages.
3:How to update device with data connection. ONLY WIFI OPTION AVAILABLE.
4:How to disable vibration effect while typing
anil dongare, 24 Jun 2014how to add app in multi window, only 4 applications are theredid you find the answer?
abhijeet arya, 19 Sep 2014dear friends htc desire826
RS:13500(P81) VS 24000(htc 816)
RS:10,000 MORE FOR HTC
This is NATHAN , i can decide to buy a smart phone,, which is best sony xperia c,, or panasonic p81, or panasonic eluga A or panasonic eluga U,,,
Pls sugguest your valuable comments,,,, thanks my dear friends
This phone is awesome. With respect to its price it's totally a value for money product !!
Using it for last 4 days and found it to be superb. No lags, Camera quality too good which you can actually compare with Sony; Just remember the price difference which is around 2 times.
-Too good processing, Lag free gaming experience
-Camera : 8.7/10
-Screen and display resolution : Very much satisfied
-You get a very good quality screen guard and Flip cover free with the handset
- No gorilla glass
- No swipe typing feature :(
bk, 10 Sep 2014updated to kitkat todayPlz Sir Tell Me How do u update to kitkat....