please tell me how can i download pictures from mi phone into the computer. i have an IRDA adaptor but the software cd that came with the phone can't do this. can someone tell me if the usb data cable for this phone can help me do this(i ask this becouse i sopose that i have to use the same software)
i bought one of these a month ago.i paid almost 200$ for it.it`s a good phone but it has some litlle things which must be fixed.It takes clear pictures but it needs a lot of light.It`s hard to find .mids and to download java games.i for example i have problems with java.moreover it`s extremly hard to find a data cable.I tried at GMB(i`m from constanta) but i couldn`t find.I found only an infrared serial port which wasn`t compatible.if you find a data cable please let me know so i`ll go and buy one for myself.thanks
Hello i'm from Romania . The price 138 $ of this phone is a bit to expensive for the romanian people but not for my . I've heard that is an good phone , takes good photos , is not really hard to use , it has an very good design and other . Let's SAY : I'M GOING TO BUY ONE FOR MY :))
it's a good phone but it has a few problems infrared port suports only 50kb to be transmited or receveid,camera needs a lot of light to take a good picture but the quality is very good,animations plays slow,games and apps are a bit hard to find,pictures are hard to receive unles you use the right software to convert them, recordings are stored in a crazy format *.fr and you cant send them by infrared, it has a defragmentation proces that is kind of stupid(after you send mms) well thats the bad side
the good things about it are:
infrared is compatible with all phones
BeDJ a great ringtone composer
great sound quality
7 mb memory
tv slide show
the adp format for plays quite well and you can convert small mp3(or part of an mp3 about 10 secons)
a good phone for this price
if anyoane wants games or apps for this phone contact me
Does anyone know how to transfer the phone's pictures into the computer? Help please. Thank you.
Ade I use infrared port to transfer data from 655 to PC. I do not use any spesific program for this i ust say send by infrared yhays all.. but you can not send large data by this way..
first of all, this phone is quite cheap :) its only around $ 129 US dollar. I love the design of it... looks nice.. u got to see the real stuff then u know :) of course u cant compare with those expensive stuff like NOKIA, SE, Motorola, Samsung etc which got Bluetooth, Megapixel cam, external memory, etc.. U should check the price as well.. For some people who loves clamshell phones (flip) but they cant afford to buy those expensive stuff so I suggest to buy this one :) Heii even I will buy this one too, for my collection :) its nice and pretty cool design too...
Soylera, which kinda software do you use, to trasfer data from phone to PC? Thanks!
thats a great phone.. i also could not find the data cable but i use infrared to trnsfer data .. you may use it also.. and it can not play or record video. but i really like that phone i think philips learned that job :)..
Please somebody tell me if this phone has a video camera and what's a VGA cam. I might buy it.
good disign,good menu...not so good if you play a cople of hours whit him...:)
I am Italian... I have bought this phone two months ago... this is a GRT phone, really. But... I do not find where to buy the USB cable for the connection to my pc. Anyone's got any idea?
The worst phone I ever had (I was using Nokias and SE before). Maybe it looks nice - that is why I bought it - but the software is VERY stupid... :-((
- phonebook entries are sorted in a different way for UPPER and LOWER case letters;
- that is why you cannot search entries in phonebook;
- SMS are sorted in completely unknown way - looking like "sorting by contents" :-))))))))
- the phone is extreamly slow (f.ex. you have to push arrow down two or three times to move the cursor one line down - on nearly any list);
- the "red button" (on-hook) not always works;
- when editing SMS-to-send, when you leave the phone for a moment, the phone goes for a screensaver, and the message is lost;
- you cannot use national-letters in SMS or phonebook entries;
- when you turn the phone on it plays extreamly LOUD some disco-music, which cannot be silenced nor turned off - what makes it difficult to turn the phone in a discrete way (e.g. at work or at hospital);
- difficult menu - sometimes you have to dig six or more levels down to get some simple function (e.g. outgoing calls counter);
- when you put an alarm (buzer) into a sleep mode (7 min.) there are no way to turn it off (you have to wait this 7 min. and press "OK" twice - if you press any other key, you have to wait another 7 min. for next try)
- etc. etc.
Generally: looking nice, but poor software engineering. Let's hope Philips will employ better specialists soon and a firmware update will solve all problems...
Sometimes there mistakes and lies in websites about the funcions of mobiles, this phone as a TFT display
for philips 655 user, is it TFT display or CSTN ? coz i read in philips web sites it was CTSN. i like this phone and planning to buy it
Like other Philips phones, this one has a very attractive design. There are not some functions, such as Buletooth. However, the price is acceptable. What a pitty ... it is not sold in Vietnam yet! T_T