i still can't transfer pictures from the phone to my pc and vice versa, someone pls pls pls help, can pls give me a step by step guide? i am really frustrated with this phone!!!!
- You can download the software from Philips website if you do not have the CD. After installing the drivers that come with the software, it is plug-and-play to activate the webcam.
- No hack available to remove bluetooth limitation. At least not to my knowledge.
- If cannot transfer photos and video via multimedia studio, connect it as a USB drive instead.
- No other themes available for the phone. At least not to my knowledge. You can make your own animated GIFs for use as wallpaper.
I was wondering whether anyone knows how to get the webcam feature of the phone to work. Does it need to have a driver installed? It seems that other people here have a cd with software on it but my phone came with no cd even though it was brand new!?
any1 noticed there is no need to put in a sim card to start it?the phone..limited features of course..only those features no need network like cam..think its great fone as well..anywae any of u have any idea if we can modify it and make it better?such as removing the bluetooth limit..
I can't seem to download / transfer the pictures or videos in my phone to the PC, why?
I went to multimedia studio page but the copy file from phone to PC and vice versa icon (btw the PC and phone folder) does not light up, thus I can operate it.
Can any1 help please.
it's relatively good. does anyone knows whether other themes are downloadable? thanks.
1) Java support is OK. Surf to http://midlet.org/index2.jsp to check out tons of free java applications, games, and utilities on your PC b4 downloading and installing via WAP. Not all Java midlets can be installed tho. Just look out for Java midlets that are designed for all phones.
2) To use the phone as USB drive, the software that comes with phone must to be installed first. (The SD card must also be in the phone already.)After that, connect the phone to the PC, navigate to Connectivity->USB Features->USB Drive.
3) Don't think MP3 can be downloaded via WAP; but can transfer via PC once it is connected as a USB drive.
Hi! Can any1 pls teach me how to :
1. download MP3 into my phone
2. synchonise the phone with the PC (to use the phone as tumb drive)
I like this phone but a bit frustrated with the lack of knowledge to use it :)
I want to buy this phone ,
how is its java support ?
does any one tried its java suport ?
dis fone is great the battery life is gd n the screen is very clear
I got this Philips 960, and this is the first time I used a Philip phone. I was attracted by the slider design & the 2 MEGA pixel camera.
- Lovely screen
- Easy to use menu interface
- Interesting icons menu
- Long battery life
- Infrared and bluetooth implementation
- MP3 player (no background playing)
- Construction of the slider is bit loose when closed (unlike Siemens SL75, SL65 which is very tight when closed).
- Camera so so output but look really nice on the screen
- MP3 sound from the speaker is bit soft
- No speaker function during conversation
- SMS tone only last for about 3 secs (don't you think is short)
I don't regret buying this phone cos suit my purpose. Lovely slider from Philips.
Hope you meant "install" rather than "copied".
If not, do re-install and follow the user guide in the CD. Do read the the entire user guide first (its a short guide anyway).There is a typo error in the guide (I hope), i.e. there is no "Setup.exe " in the CD but rather "Install.exe". So the guide should read "D:Install". Alternatively, browse the CD from Windows Explorer and double-click on "Install.exe" to run it. Follow the instructions from there. Good luck.
hi guys, i've just bought this phone but i don't know y i can't seem to to be able to connect it to my PC, i've copied the necessary software from the cd into the pc, the pc is able to display the phone on the monitor but it will indicate that the phone is not connected, i've already set the phone to USB connection mode, can you please guide me, thanks
10Mb User Memory means that you can only use 10Mb out of the 32Mb to store stuff like photos, videos, voice recordings, notes, etc..i.e. anything that you create.
The remaining memory is used by the phone software to run the phone.
That's why having an external memory card is important. It lets you store more of those stuff. Unfortunately, for this phone, it doesn't allow you to redirect the storage for notes, appointments, tasks, call history, java software, etc to the external memory. It only allows videos, photos and sounds to be redirected to the external memory. Since you can use the memory card as a USB drive, you can store anything in it through the PC; but the phone will not be able to read it unless its software supports that file format.
This is why there is limitations to number of appointments, phone numbers, notes that can be created in the phone.
This is the same for all phones, not only Philips. So check out the memory that can be used by user when buying a phone.
What is the different between
- 32 MB built-in memory
- 10 MB user memory
Am not an audiophile but I can say its sharp and crispy coming from built in speaker. Not as loud compared to other phones (example K750i), but good enough. If want quality, better listen via the handsfree earpiece.
If has acessory to connect to external speaker, believe will be good. By the way, don't have equalizer. Have not tested using bluetooth headset, so cannot comment.
Forgot to add:
- Can create many playlists. Think its stored in the handphone memory. If thats the case, will affect shared memory.
- Can set playback like shuffling and repeat.
- Some MP3 cannot be played, not sure why. Has got to do with coding of the file. A way around is to re-code it.
Hope the above answers your question.