jb139, 20 Apr 2009hey sunwukong , i live in canada too and was thinking about getting this phone, would you recc... moreSorry for the late reply:
- battery life is still good for at least 2 weeks -- sometimes 3
- emergency number is set to 112 -- don't know if a firmware upgrade will allow change to 911
- texting is problematic since keys are so small and there's no word completion function (e.g., small dictionary that tries to suggest what word you're typing)
- paid GBP 186 for unlocked phone
- blacklist works ok
hey sunwukong , i live in canada too and was thinking about getting this phone, would you reccomend it? i was thinking of buying it off ebay just like you, and i am on fido, can you tell me of call reception, hows textings, how much did you pay, etc. anything would be appreciated ! thanks
This phone is very cute in looks specially the black (the one I use) The camera is not good as its just basic camera and there is no flash. The reason to purchase xenium phone is for its long battery life which is really good. Also it has a port for putting in AAA battery. When your phone is running out of battery power, you can transfer the power from AAA battery to the phone battery, with just a button and continue your conversation. The buttons are tacky and need some small force to push them. but overall a good phone as I wanted. Its a phone and not MULTIMEDIA CENTRE
sunwukong, 18 Feb 2009In Canada, bought unlocked phone off eBay. In use for 4 full days now: - buttons are small... moreJust ran out of power today -- just over 2 weeks normal use. Not as good as I'd like but far better than my previous phone!
In Canada, bought unlocked phone off eBay.
In use for 4 full days now:
- buttons are small, especially annoying on the dial & hangup/off
- default screen is organized for messaging & music: i'd have preferred easy access to the contact list, for example instead of the music stuff
- battery level is about 80% right now
- seems to have a problem hanging up -- displays a network warning instead of terminating the call
- really interested to see how well the blacklist works: esp. w/ the unsolicited calls I'm getting lately
Can anybody tell me what's the sound when using the headphones of this model,... 'cause I know from personal experience that on the one that Xenium 9@9k has, the sound is really bad!?
the phone is available here in tianjin,,china,,1100yuans or in usd 165
Belove adress you'll find info about this phone:
Good news guys. This phone is coming out with little change and with model name x520. So are the sepc. :
Quadband (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
Dimensions: 111 x 45 x 16.6 mm
Display: 176 x 220 , 262.144 TFT
Memory Expandable up to 2 GB MicroSD
Camera: 2 Megapiksel, CMOS sensor
FM radio: RDS Support
1050 mAh lityum iyon
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!What a bright idea by Philips..AAA battery on a mobile phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep making these AAA battery phones.........I am very proud of u Philips.Jai Philips..........!!!!!!!!!!
Guys SAD NEWS this mobile is not going to enter the market cuz they have got problems wih th external battery,its gets over heated and before this they have used the least powered battery.If you think im wrong then go to their official site its not even there and the company guys who are 24/7 online say that they have no plans to bring it